2022-2023 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people who received the LOR clarification email, how long did it take to be marked complete after your response?
a week

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone attended the interview at NYMC? If so, how was your experience?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II received this morning, OOS, LM ~70, submitted my secondary 6/26 but didn't have casper score until later

just got an II -- i submitted secondary on 6/26 but only had 1 science letter and was not processed until 8/3 -- posting this so people know the science letter issue / any delay is not hard exclusion

Reactions: 7 users
just got an II -- i submitted secondary on 6/26 but only had 1 science letter and was not processed until 8/3 -- posting this so people know the science letter issue / any delay is not hard exclusion
I also only had 1 science professor (but I did have a few research/PI letters), and they never emailed me about it

for anyone that's interviewed here yet - how was the experience overall? low/med/high stress? any questions that made you want to cry? lol

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Then how do you know when something is missing. You came to know because you were not complete?

Then how do you know when something is missing. You came to know because you were not complete?
Yea I had not heard saying I was complete for 4 weeks after submitting 6/26 so i emailed them and they said I did not have proper letters, so i resigned myself to not being able to apply. then 8/1 they emailed saying i could request to be reviewed anyways, so I did, and then i was "processed" on 8/3

Reactions: 1 users
Yea I had not heard saying I was complete for 4 weeks after submitting 6/26 so i emailed them and they said I did not have proper letters, so i resigned myself to not being able to apply. then 8/1 they emailed saying i could request to be reviewed anyways, so I did, and then i was "processed" on 8/3
Thanks for your response.

I submitted my secondary more than a month ago and still no confirmation email - is it normal?

Hi, I was reading in the SDN NYMC interview feedback someone wrote "MMI- 3 standard questions, 2-3 ethical questions" - I was wondering what a "standard" question is considered compared to an ethical question? Is that like "Why Medicine" or "Tell me about yourself"?

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who interviewed at NYMC, how was it? I know they have confidentiality agreements so dont be specific. Like was it stressful or was it more relaxed than you expect lol

Edit: DONT MENTION THE FORMAT OR THE QUESTIONS YOU WERE ASKED!!

for anyone that's interviewed here yet - how was the experience overall? low/med/high stress? any questions that made you want to cry? lol
we had a really small group, so I will be intentionally vague, but it was really great. I actually liked the school a lot! We signed NDAs about the MMI, so I really cant say much, but I would say that the interview day actually really made me like the school a lot more, and it seemed like they actually wanted to get to know you in the MMI. Not stressful. I felt could show who I was and my personality. They are very up front in the beginning and tell you what the MMI is going to be like and walk you through the whole thing and give tips, so I really felt comfortable.

• Love
For anyone who interviewed at NYMC, how was it? I know they have confidentiality agreements so dont be specific. Like was it stressful or was it more relaxed than you expect lol

Edit: DONT MENTION THE FORMAT OR THE QUESTIONS YOU WERE ASKED!!
hey just replied. Agreed, NDA signed so very vague and we had a smaller group than normal

we had a really small group, so I will be intentionally vague, but it was really great. I actually liked the school a lot! We signed NDAs about the MMI, so I really cant say much, but I would say that the interview day actually really made me like the school a lot more, and it seemed like they actually wanted to get to know you in the MMI. Not stressful. I felt could show who I was and my personality. They are very up front in the beginning and tell you what the MMI is going to be like and walk you through the whole thing and give tips, so I really felt comfortable.
Love to hear it! Thanks for sharing and good luck to you!

I also interviewed here. I agree that the info session made me really like the school - however I would say I wasn't nervous going in but I felt stressed with some of the actual stations and coming up with answers. I don't know, maybe I'm just not good at interviewing :cryi:

i was also surprised with how few studentst!

Last edited:
Lol I was also at the MMI today!! I agree that the info session made me really like the school - however I would say I wasn't nervous going in but I felt stressed with some of the actual stations and coming up with answers. I don't know, maybe I'm just not good at interviewing :cryi:

i was also surprised with how few studentst!
100% some of the stations were hard but I thought my interviewers were receptive/open to most answers, so I wouldn't worry! I think its really hard to estimate how you did on am MMI. also mine wasnt today! So maybe a diff experience :)

100% some of the stations were hard but I thought my interviewers were receptive/open to most answers, so I wouldn't worry! I think its really hard to estimate how you did on am MMI. also mine wasnt today! So maybe a diff experience :)
ohh lol I misunderstood. interesting we both had small cohorta

without getting into too much detail, how challenging would you rate the harder stations? like were they brutal? I wasnt too nervous about my interview here before but now I am lol. also did they let you take notes during the two minutes? thanks!

without getting into too much detail, how challenging would you rate the harder stations? like were they brutal? I wasnt too nervous about my interview here before but now I am lol. also did they let you take notes during the two minutes? thanks!
no omg not brutal at all. i was just nervous

Sorry yes i knew it was an MMI I should have made that more clear I was only confused since I saw previous years get asked about their specific activities/PS as one of the stations. thanks!

Thank you!
haha oh gotcha duuhhhh, yeah i didnt really think mmis could be open file but i guess they could be

Anyone who’s late in the cycle and just recently submitted their secondary??

How far in advance do they send the zoom/MMI link? I’m interviewing next week and haven’t received anything yet. I also confirmed my interview yesterday (as per their email request) and they didn’t respond. Is that normal? sorry I’m neurotic lmao

Should I be worried if I still didn't get a confirmation email? I completed on 08/09

How far in advance do they send the zoom/MMI link? I’m interviewing next week and haven’t received anything yet. I also confirmed my interview yesterday (as per their email request) and they didn’t respond. Is that normal? sorry I’m neurotic lmao
I think mine came a couple days before but I will check and edit this comment tomorrow to confirm for you and I also did not get a reply to my confirmation :) dont worry your all good lol

Ok it came literally 5 days before so dont worry!! I interviewed on a Monday ans it came the Wed before :) Hope that helps, I remmeber getting worried too

Congrats to all who received interviews so far! I'm an M1 at NYMC and happy to answer any questions I can. (I don't live on campus so don't know much about housing or amenities). The cycle is still young! Feel free to reach out later on as well. Good luck all!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Forgot to update but II 9/1 OOS, LM 68, 4thQ Casper. Secondary sent 7/23.

Omg I’m such a fan of yours MCAThiccy😭 you’re a legend on SDN
I legit don’t know why y’all love me so much but I appreciate the love fr
46B94BEE-CAEC-478D-8EFE-B98C2D251B02.jpeg

• Haha