2021-2022 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many words/characters/paragraphs was your essay?
I responded to both the required and optional essays.

Required: 382 words/2,340 characters/3 paragraphs

Optional: 416 words/2,704 characters/4 paragraphs

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed also, and they said they are waiting for my mcat, which comes out this Friday. So technically my app is not complete.

Emailed them an hour ago and got the "application complete" email just now. We've got this, everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah I see. If you don’t mind me asking what did you talk about in the optional question? Idk if I have anything to add
I’m not the original commenter, but I did the optional essay and IIRC I talked about my story and any academic discrepancies

Reactions: 1 user
I am going to email as well, but I do not know who is the best person to reach out to.
Emailed yesterday, but at 3:40 ish, no response just yet, hopefully they give me some extra feedback today :)

Emailed yesterday, but at 3:40 ish, no response just yet, hopefully they give me some extra feedback today :)
Emailed them yesterday in the evening and got the complete email today in the morning. They respond fast so you'll get it soon

Ah I see. If you don’t mind me asking what did you talk about in the optional question? Idk if I have anything to add
I used the optional essay, rightly or wrongly, to discuss why I'm applying to LMU specifically and how my background fits into their mission. I also briefly reiterated why I believe I'm a strong candidate. Is this exactly what they want in this section? I don't know. The prompt is probably geared more towards, as another poster commented, addressing discrepancies in academics, etc. But if an institution is going to give me more opportunities to write about myself, I'm going to utilize the space. So, I would just use your best judgment on it, but try to ensure you aren't just repeating yourself. Try attacking it from a different perspective than what's in your personal essay. But that's just how I approached it.

2019 thread received interview invites august 5th-9th for everyone who was complete by 7/20.

we may receive good news this week !!!! Fingers crossed

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
2019 thread received interview invites august 5th-9th for everyone who was complete by 7/20.

Yea my bet was this week assuming they have returned back to normal-ish operations since COVID-19 because they like to start interviewing the 3rd and 4th week of August.

Source: https://www.lmunet.edu/debusk-colle...academics/documents/oms1-fall-schedule-19.pdf

Always seemed to be around Aug 17-19 for the first round interview.

Reactions: 1 users

Would you say it would be only be high(er) stats complete by 7/20 who are invited for this first round?

I was complete 7/13 but I’m low stats (well above average MCAT for LMU but still low end GPA) so just want to get an idea if I would stil be considered for this first round or nah..

Submitted secondary 7/2 and marked complete that day

If I submitted my secondary 7/21 and haven’t received confirmation that I’m complete yet should I call admissions?
I would call or email them, yes. Their turnaround time from call/email to complete notification is pretty quick, usually no less than a couple of hours.

Tomorrow hopefully applicants either get their dreams made to fruition or forced to wait another day

Cant wait to see if I’m celebrating this weekend or not

Theyre sending interview invites tomorrow?
It seems from past years, they tend to start sending interview invites first full week of August/around this time. We'll see if that'll be the same this year, though.

I submitted 7/28, do you think I will be considered for this round of interviews?
I'm probably not the best person to be answering that, to be honest. I submitted my secondary earlier in July but I'm pretty low stats so I highly doubt that I'd be in the first round of interview invites. Sorry :/

Completely random… but I like this scene from courage the cowardly dog when I begin comparing myself to people with extremely high MCAT scores.

Reactions: 6 users
Aww, that is my favorite show!

I'm probably not the best person to be answering that, to be honest. I submitted my secondary earlier in July but I'm pretty low stats so I highly doubt that I'd be in the first round of interview invites. Sorry :/
Low stats too seems like they had several waves from the 5-9 so this weekend May still be in our bag

Me looking at my II free email

Attachments

• 32E19D37-E10D-4DF4-9C79-AFE3E9DA5504.jpeg
    32E19D37-E10D-4DF4-9C79-AFE3E9DA5504.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if they're on track and schedule this year? Last year the invites were pushed to like the end of august.
The current class just started this week and COVID is ramping up again so they’ve probably been busy. Friendly reminder that not getting an II the first week doesn’t mean you’re not getting one

Sorry for the false hope guys/gals. We should have better hope for next week

Just got complete email. Finally.

is it worth it to apply with no ties to the Appalachian region?

oh nvm guys, I thought this was the VCOM thread. I know VCOM selects only Appalachian region, so I got confused. I did do the secondary for LMU

I’m pretty sure VCOM prefers Appalachian region but will consider applicants outside of it. I’m somewhat outside the Appalachian region and am urban-ish and have an II from there

• Love
I’m pretty sure VCOM prefers Appalachian region but will consider applicants outside of it. I’m somewhat outside the Appalachian region and am urban-ish and have an II from there
I haven't gotten a secondary yet from VCOM, and I am from Cali

I just realized that I got an email from them earlier for my question. "We encourage all students to apply and our committee considers all applicants with strong ties to the Southern Appalachian region"

I just realized that I got an email from them earlier for my question. "We encourage all students to apply and our committee considers all applicants with strong ties to the Southern Appalachian region"

Usually about half of the class comes from the immediate tri-state and a chunk of the rest are spread out around Appalachia but they also take students every year from all over the US.

So I submitted my primary on 8/9/2021 and I never completed the secondary file, however, I just got an email today saying that my secondary was completed? I went to the site and it only has my application from last year? Did anyone else have something familiar happen?

I just got an R email but I’m *pretty* sure it’s from last cycle?? Even though I withdrew that app last week 😅🤣 it says :

We truly appreciate your interest in LMU-DCOM. Your application indicates that you are well-rounded and that you fit the mission of LMU-DCOM. Unfortunately, we had a limited number of interview seats this cycle, and the applications were very competitive.

If you are not accepted into medical school this year, we hope you consider us again next cycle. The 2021-2022 AACOMAS cycle opened on May 4, and we will start our interviews in late August.

I just got an R email but I’m *pretty* sure it’s from last cycle?? Even though I withdrew that app last week 😅🤣 it says :

We truly appreciate your interest in LMU-DCOM. Your application indicates that you are well-rounded and that you fit the mission of LMU-DCOM. Unfortunately, we had a limited number of interview seats this cycle, and the applications were very competitive.

If you are not accepted into medical school this year, we hope you consider us again next cycle. The 2021-2022 AACOMAS cycle opened on May 4, and we will start our interviews in late August.
I jumped to this thread to ask the same thing, can some verify this is from last year or this year? If it’s this year, why would I care when your interviews start then lol

I jumped to this thread to ask the same thing, can some verify this is from last year or this year? If it’s this year, why would I care when your interviews start then lol
I just called! I spoke to Madilyn, she confirmed it is from last cycle!! Thank god haha. She was so sweet

Submitted primary application on 8/9, got II on 8/9, submitted II, and got file complete email on 8/11
I don’t think you mean II. I think you mean the secondary

Submitted primary application on 8/9, got II on 8/9, submitted II, and got file complete email on 8/11
do you mean secondary by II? just confused cause I taught II is for interview invite.

Come on baby any day now bless us with IIs. Take my money already