2021-2022 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No word/character limit though it does say "short." I submitted my essay as a PDF.
Does it matter in what file we submit it? I submitted mine as docx, I just realized it.

Members don't see this ad.

Does it matter in what file we submit it? I submitted mine as docx, I just realized it.
I don't think it matters what kind of file. I think pdf just makes a file look more professional, like how most people submit their CVs and cover letters for jobs in pdf format.

did you have to select which school you would like to be considered for

Members don't see this ad :)
Does short mean a page? 2 pages?? How long did you all make these essays

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone not gotten a complete email? I submitted awhile back and still have not heard anything.

I got a complete email this morning. Submitted yesterday. The email said they interview between August 2021-April 2022.
Guessing anytime
Has anyone not gotten a complete email? I submitted awhile back and still have not heard anything.
nope. It’s been two weeks. I checked online and it said I’m under review. Not worrying tbh

Reactions: 1 user
Guessing anytime

nope. It’s been two weeks. I checked online and it said I’m under review. Not worrying tbh
Mine also says under review. I never got anything after submitting secondary.

Has anyone else received the file complete email? I submitted secondary on July 2nd
Just got the application completed email today at 1:36 pm CST. I submitted my secondary on July 2nd as well. So, assuming you've got all your documents in (i.e. LORs, MCAT, etc.) then you should get your e-mail pretty soon I'd imagine.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the application completed email today at 1:36 pm CST. I submitted my secondary on July 2nd as well. So, assuming you've got all your documents in (i.e. LORs, MCAT, etc.) then you should get your e-mail pretty soon I'd imagine.
Does your portal still say "under review?"

how did yall generally go about answering the q about commitment. discuss your extracurriculars and how they required commitment? lol

Does your portal still say "under review?"
Yeah, it still says "under review."

The e-mail they sent me today says:

"Your file is complete and will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee soon. If chosen for an interview, we will contact you by phone or email with available dates. Interviews are conducted August 2021 through April 2022.

Thank you for your interest in Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine."

Is the ChooseDO explorer correct in that they will only be doing virtual interviews this year?

Anyone actually got a complete email? Submitted on July 1st and I still haven’t got one

Anyone actually got a complete email? Submitted on July 1st and I still haven’t got one
I mentioned previously I got the complete email. It was kinda basic.

Dear docemmettbrown:

Your file is complete and will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee soon. If chosen for an interview, we will contact you by phone or email with available dates. Interviews are conducted August 2021 through April 2022.

Thank you for your interest in Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Sincerely,

LMU-DCOM Admissions

Also, if I was to guess, the earliest date they may send out IIs would be Wednesday July 28. But that’s me speculating.

Just got off the phone with admissions, I had to call them for my file to be moved into the complete file. Also they said interviews will starts possibly last week of august or early September so we got a little wait here.

Edit: just got the email . They reviewed my letters while I was on the phone

Your file is complete and will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee soon. If chosen for an interview, we will contact you by phone or email with available dates. Interviews are conducted August 2021 through April 2022.

Thank you for your interest in Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Just got off the phone with admissions, I had to call them for my file to be moved into the complete file. Also they said interviews will starts possibly last week of august or early September so we got a little wait here.

Edit: just got the email . They reviewed my letters while I was on the phone

Would you recommend calling the program to get more info and see if they can complete my application?

Would you recommend calling the program to get more info and see if they can complete my application?
How long have you been waiting ? I submitted July 2nd. If it’s been awhile I’ll def call

How long have you been waiting ? I submitted July 2nd. If it’s been awhile I’ll def call
Not that long for sure! I will maybe call on Friday to touch base and see how things are moving along then. I do not want to come off as impatient.

I submitted my secondary 7/14 and received the complete email today!

Is the ChooseDO explorer correct in that they will only be doing virtual interviews this year?
All interviews are virtual this year. Admissions mentioned this at one of the virtual DO events & stated they planned to continue virtually throughout the cycle. It allows them to interview more candidates

Last edited:
All interviews are virtual this year. Admissions mentioned this at one of the virtual DO events & stated they planned to continue virtually throughout the cycle. It allows them to interview more candidates
Totally makes sense, plus helps me save money in terms of travel and lodging.

I checked the portal and it says my application is under review, but I still never got a completed email. Submitted 7/15

Same exact situation & status :)
Ditto. I think someone earlier in the thread said they called and the "complete" email got sent out almost immediately. I'm personally going to do that tomorrow if I haven't heard anything after the email I sent earlier today.

Ditto. I think someone earlier in the thread said they called and the "complete" email got sent out almost immediately. I'm personally going to do that tomorrow if I haven't heard anything after the email I sent earlier today.
That was me!

i emailed them earlier this afternoon about not having received a completion email and while i didn't hear anything back, i received my completion email just now!

i emailed them earlier this afternoon about not having received a completion email and while i didn't hear anything back, i received my completion email just now!
I submitted my secondary on July 7 and still haven't received any completion email. Should I wait or reach out ?

I submitted my secondary on July 7 and still haven't received any completion email. Should I wait or reach out ?
up to you! from what everyone has said above it doesn't seem like it hurts!

I just want to echo that I do not think they would mind emailing to confirm given that it has been a few weeks since the submission of your secondary. For example, if you submitted within the last week I personally wouldn't just because the amount of applications they go through per cycle. However, it is ultimately up to you. The school's admission office has always been super friendly.