University of Minnesota- Twin Cities Secondary??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the same boat - deciding between MN and another school.

My reasons for choosing UMN:

1) I like the classic lecture-based curriculum (which favors my learning style) with some small group activities - not to mention that every lecture is taped and can be viewed from home).
2) The twin cities has a great collection of area hospitals to choose from during 3rd and 4th year rotations (level 1 trauma centers, Children's Hospital, great research opportunities in every field).
3) Great facilities and a very fun campus.

My big decision issue was the cost of living because living in the city is not cheap. I finally decided that some extra loans were worth the opportunities. Good luck with your decision and hopefully see you next year!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y'all, for those who have gotten in, when do we get the background check email? i never received anything. Does that not happen until later?

My big decision issue was the cost of living because living in the city is not cheap.

:laugh: Maybe compared to Duluth...but it's much, much cheaper than many places you could be for med school (Boston or NYC, for example).

Great to hear from a current student, though. I thought this thread was mostly dead, and just when I'm committing to the MSTP at U of M, too! Do you have any words of advice for incoming students?

Status
Not open for further replies.