University of Minnesota- Twin Cities Secondary??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any current students have any accurate information on how the waitlist works and how it went last year? I looked at last years thread but only saw a handful of posters who were waitlisted, anyone know how many actually got accepted from the list?

I believe the ranked list will come out in March after D-day (decision day).

Last year they took 30-35 off the list, and Dr. White hopes for the same numbers this year if I remember correctly. Keep the hope alive!

Members don't see this ad.

Well today is the end of December and I have yet to hear anything yet and no mail from them today... I interviewed in early Nov so I was in the first wave.. Anyone else still waiting?

yep. I interviewed in september; still nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
An update: I stopped by the admissions office yesterday and talked to Paul White. He was really nice and said that if we haven't heard yet our paperwork was likely late (the interviewers must not have turned in reviews in time). So we are probably getting reviewed in Jan. He said that we should know in a few weeks.

An update: I stopped by the admissions office yesterday and talked to Paul White. He was really nice and said that if we haven't heard yet our paperwork was likely late (the interviewers must not have turned in reviews in time). So we are probably getting reviewed in Jan. He said that we should know in a few weeks.

Hey, thanks for the update. Hopefully we'll still receive equal consideration as first wave interviewees though we'll get reviewed in Jan... sounds like there're at least a few of us though :xf:

Does anyone know if they review candidates once per month or multiple times(ie the commitee meets weekly or something)? And if so is there a certain review date/s for Jan?

I believe the ranked list will come out in March after D-day (decision day).

Last year they took 30-35 off the list, and Dr. White hopes for the same numbers this year if I remember correctly. Keep the hope alive!

I think the 2011 class, however, took none off the waitlist. I'm a current student, feel free to ask questions.

The AdCom met yesterday to vote on many, if not most or all, of the interviewed applicants. The votes will be tabulated today and tomorrow, and offers will go out next week.

I am really excited to hear back from MN!

How personal is too personal here?

Make it compelling. As long as you are not talking about your raging case of the clap or something crazy like that, I would say make it very personal.

Better to be original than generic.

The AdCom met yesterday to vote on many, if not most or all, of the interviewed applicants. The votes will be tabulated today and tomorrow, and offers will go out next week.

I am really excited to hear back from MN!

Good to know. Thank you! Good luck to all.:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call today. I got in!! :soexcited:

congrats again premediowa and unsung! So exciting! When did you interview, and when exactly did you hear back, if you dont mind me asking..

So it looks like the calls went out on friday.. I guess i'll be checkin my mailbox this week for my waitlist letter...

sorry about the delay. I submitted my secondary mid August, interviewed November 24th, and was accepted 1/23.

Have any interviewees who have not been accepted by phone received a waitlist letter by mail? I'm just wondering because I interviewed in November and have yet to hear either way...

Have any interviewees who have not been accepted by phone received a waitlist letter by mail? I'm just wondering because I interviewed in November and have yet to hear either way...

I know someone who is waitlisted at U MN. Im not sure when she interviewed.

Has anyone heard anything recently? I interviewed in October, and still no word. Sigh.

I interviewed late January, they said if your accepted you should receive a call before the end of February

I interviewed late January, they said if your accepted you should receive a call before the end of February

I interviewed in the middle of Dec and no words yet. Did they have meeting on Jan 11?

So I just called to check my status, I interviewed mid Dec (such a scary call to make by the way, my heart always stops beating for a sec) and apparently about half of the people that were supposed to be reviewed in Jan were not, and the committee is meeting on Wed to go over them! So we should be hearing sometime after that. Hopefully that gives some people (like me) some hope again!

I thought they met on this wed, Feb 11. I was expecting a call tomorrow. Did they tell you that they will meet next wed, Feb 18?

So I just called to check my status, I interviewed mid Dec (such a scary call to make by the way, my heart always stops beating for a sec) and apparently about half of the people that were supposed to be reviewed in Jan were not, and the committee is meeting on Wed to go over them! So we should be hearing sometime after that. Hopefully that gives some people (like me) some hope again!

I also called them today (Feb 16). I was told that We will be hearing this week or latest by the next week. Please post as soon as you hear from them

Accepted! Just got the call. I am OOS and interviewed 12/1. This is my first acceptance so I am super-psyched!

I just got a call too! They woke me up from a nap, but it was totally worth it! I interviewed 10/27, so they still are sifting through apps from the fall I guess. Good luck to everyone!

I just got a call too! They woke me up from a nap, but it was totally worth it! I interviewed 10/27, so they still are sifting through apps from the fall I guess. Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations IHOP!!! Can you please share your stats? I also hope to hear from them this week as well. I interveiwed on Dec 22 and no news as yet.

Sure thang: In state student, BCPM: 3.6 Overall: 3.74, 33N

Good luck! And some advice after waiting 4 months: some applications are taking longer than others, so when they give you a blanket statement like, "all apps will be reviewed this Wed," don't necessarily believe them. They told me I would be reviewed about 3 times before I actually was (which led me to stare at my phone with a crazy eye 3 times, and then when they didn't call I spent the weekend devastated. It was a waste of time.) Keep hope alive!

Sure thang: In state student, BCPM: 3.6 Overall: 3.74, 33N

Good luck! And some advice after waiting 4 months: some applications are taking longer than others, so when they give you a blanket statement like, "all apps will be reviewed this Wed," don't necessarily believe them. They told me I would be reviewed about 3 times before I actually was (which led me to stare at my phone with a crazy eye 3 times, and then when they didn't call I spent the weekend devastated. It was a waste of time.) Keep hope alive!
Thanks for the quick response. I called three times in the last two months and every time I was told that they will take decision on my application soon. Anyway now I was told that I will know by the end of this week. This wait is killing me. It sounds like no body has heard anything those who interviewed in mid to late Dec. So it still gives me some hope.

This wait is killing me. It sounds like no body has heard anything those who interviewed in mid to late Dec. So it still gives me some hope.

I'm in the same boat as you. Interviewed in DEC, and yet to hear!

Everyday I don't get a call, I fear a rejection letter in my mailbox :(

Anyone who's been accepted, do you know if we need to do a background check? I didn't see it in the pile of letters I got. Thanks.

I know the waiting period is brutal but hope for the best. Good Luck to all!

ACCEPTED!!!! GOT THE CALL 2/18!!!! I AM SO EFFIN HYPED I HAVENT SLEPT THAT MUCH THE PAST FEW DAYS AND CANNOT STOP SMILING!! Oh, also, interviewed 11/13, CA resident. Honestly, i was expecting waitlist at best and had given up on MN!!! Good luck everybody! Stay diligent! :thumbup::smuggrin::laugh::love::D:):eek::sleep:

Congrats Slugchology! I was just accepted today as well! YAY! Maybe I'll see ya in the Cities in the Fall!

Good luck with the rest of the application cycle!

Accepted!! Got the call about 45 minsa ago... I'm so excited and shocked actually, OOS applicant, interviewed Dec 15th!

waitlisted:( got a thin envelope today for a second i thought it was rejection.

I submitted my primary back in July and they didn't even give me a secondary until Jan 20th. I completed it, but given that I have already been accepted to Wayne State, I don't know if it matters.

But still... it was crazy that I got a secondary so late. Anyone else get their secondary crazy late?

I submitted my primary back in July and they didn't even give me a secondary until Jan 20th. I completed it, but given that I have already been accepted to Wayne State, I don't know if it matters.

But still... it was crazy that I got a secondary so late. Anyone else get their secondary crazy late?

I would recommend you interview at UMN-TC if the opporunity is given, they are a stronger program.

I would recommend you interview at UMN-TC if the opporunity is given, they are a stronger program.

I will interview with UMN-TC if given the chance. I like options, but I also like not having the pressure on me. :D

But if I got in, I would then have the friend tug of war, Both sets wanting me to be close to them. :laugh:

Hello,
I am a female who just recently got accepted to the U of M- Twin Cities Medical School entering class of 2009. I am looking for another female M1 at the Twin Cities Medical School for a roommate next year. If interested, PM me.

Thanks~ :)

So I got 'The Call' last Thursday!! The Ad Com met last Wednesday (3/18) and calls apparently went out the next day. From what I was told prior to that meeting, they were still accepting for actual spots, not waitlist spots yet, so they are still sifting through apps!

FYI: IS, 32/3.95. Interviewed 1/16/09 (didn't get my app completed until late-October, darn LOR's).

Very pumped. :D

Has anyone that interviewed on or after March 9th heard from Minnesota yet either way? Dr. White told us that we should hear between April 4th & 20th but I was just curious if anyone has heard yet.

For those of you have already decided on U of M, would you mind sharing some of the things you really like about the school? I am trying to decide between two schools and would appreciate any input for those whose top choice was U of Minnesota, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.