2023-2024 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who got in last year and sent a post-II update, when did you send it in relation to your interview? I interviewed in the middle of December. When should I send a post-II update? I have a pub going to a high impact journal (3rd author) that'll be submitted within the next few weeks and a first author paper that'll most likely get accepted/published in 1.5-2 months. I want to update them regarding this but I fear if I send my update too late that they will already have made their decision about me.

Members don't see this ad.

IS II! Thought for sure this door was closed. So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete 7/13 and received my II today at 4:41pm Eastern. I provided an update in October as well. Scheduling up until 1/11.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
i'm kind of confused about the interview day...do u have the group session/dean's speech the same day as ur interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know where we can upload new grades from the fall semester?

can anyone drop the admission portal link, my school email changed and this is the only school i can’t find in my history to login

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II today at 3:34 PM!! Complete 11/8. Waiting on another email (they said within 3 business days) to actually schedule the interview but will update when I can see how far out they're scheduling.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Weill Cornell Wednesday scared the crap out of me
My interview is tomorrow and I opened the notification like this thinking I was supposed to be at some kind of day-before info session right now

Oh No Reaction GIF by Bernardson

• Haha
My interview is tomorrow and I opened the notification like this thinking I was supposed to be at some kind of day-before info session right now

I get to meet Holland 🤧

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I'll be at the Weill Cornell Wednesday next week soo

Is it common for interviewers to give out their emails for thank you notes? Mine did not lol. I figured I would just send the thank you notes to the admissions email and have them relay.

Is it common for interviewers to give out their emails for thank you notes? Mine did not lol. I figured I would just send the thank you notes to the admissions email and have them relay.
One of mine gave theirs to me bc they were excited to ask me more about one of my ECs the other didn't

IIs that went out yday are scheduling for next week btw

Reactions: 6 users
Do we know when the last IIs are going out?

Also, would anyone recommend writing a letter of intent to Weill if I've heard nothing after my October update letter?

Do we know when the last IIs are going out?

Also, would anyone recommend writing a letter of intent to Weill if I've heard nothing after my October update letter?
A letter of intent before you even interview is a little desperate. Play hard to get. Send like a letter of like “maybe I’ll accept the interview if you send it…maybe I won’t…idk.”

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I've seen lots of posts about update letters but nothing really relating to sending them post-interview... anyone have any information about them? Since admissions isn't rolling, I figured it may be helpful as decisions maybe haven't been made yet. Thanks!

I've seen lots of posts about update letters but nothing really relating to sending them post-interview... anyone have any information about them? Since admissions isn't rolling, I figured it may be helpful as decisions maybe haven't been made yet. Thanks!
I sent my post-II update letter to [email protected] and received confirmation soon after

Anyone know how formal the Cornell Wednesdays are?

If this is for all interviewees then there's probably going to be like hundreds of us right so I imagine you can maybe probably wear whatever you want

Just now II, complete late August, LM 81

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Dude’s collecting those Ivy League IIs like they’re infinity stones. Congrats! How far out are they scheduling?
I can't schedule yet, but will check again later

Dude’s collecting those Ivy League IIs like they’re infinity stones. Congrats! How far out are they scheduling?
They usually are scheduling either the week post-invite or the next week, it's a quick turnaround

Anyone know how receptive Cornell is to letters of interest/intent?

Anyone know how receptive Cornell is to letters of interest/intent?
I don't know... I sent an update and then a letter of interest with some small updated. Really hoping to get an II in these last waves, I got kinda hyped when I did not catch the R wave back in December lol..

• Care