2023-2024 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did not so I'm definitely surprised to get any response this late into the cycle
Congrats! And ehh you're barely past that Thanksgiving mark so still mid-cycle I'd say. Good luck at your interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they're still sending out II for Late July/Early August applicants? I'm thinking of sending an update letter just to poke and see if that does anything haha

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if they're still sending out II for Late July/Early August applicants? I'm thinking of sending an update letter just to poke and see if that does anything haha
+1 also wondering this and thinking about sending update letter but my updates aren’t really research based so not sure how they will take to it

Reactions: 2 users
+1 also wondering this and thinking about sending update letter but my updates aren’t really research based so not sure how they will take to it
Do they mainly prefer research based updates? I have research and non-research ones but I focused mainly on the non-research since my publication isn't due to be sent for pre-print until February...

Pre-II R LM 77 complete 9/12

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was just about to send an update letter, only to get the pre-II R, I thought they never did pre-II rejections

Was my dream school being an undergrad and grad student here.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
OOS Pre-II R, complete 7/10, update letter sent early November

• Care
+1, dream school and I work here full time. Work is going to be tough for the next 6 months 😩

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
OOS pre-II R. Never had a chance, tbh lol. Complete late July with an update sent in early November. But best of luck to everyone here

Last edited:
  • Care
Damn based off cycle track it looked as if Cornell didn't send R's until closer to end of cycle... Guess they're mixing things up this year?

y’all I’m scared so many Rs going out between this and Michigan 😁

OOS Pre-II R complete 8/4, update sent late October. Good luck to everyone still being considered 🫶🏼

• Care
OOS Pre-II R. Complete 7/20

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone please tell me what email they are getting communication from? For other schools, I am having communication trouble so just want t make sure I get all messages if any come. Thank you!

OOS Pre-II R complete 8/4, update sent late October. Good luck to everyone still being considered 🫶🏼
if you don't mind, could you shared what email address the email came by? My email has been blocking communication from schools recently. Thank you.

Still no II and complete since late July, but also no R. Not sure what that means....
I’ve been complete since early July and haven’t heard back either. I’m just telling myself silence is better than an R

Reactions: 4 users
if you don't mind, could you shared what email address the email came by? My email has been blocking communication from schools recently. Thank you.
How do you know if your email is blocking communications? Just wondering if maybe mine might be doing the same

Are you using a college email address for your med school apps?
Some institutions have strict email screening that turns away a lot of emails, especially those with attachments.

How do you know if your email is blocking communications? Just wondering if maybe mine might be doing the same
II on the portal many days after it was supposedly emailed to me.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Are you using a college email address for your med school apps?
Some institutions have strict email screening that turns away a lot of emails, especially those with attachments.
Yep, its my college email o_O

I think they must've increased the screening requirements because I had no problems getting secondaries over the summer but my college was recently hit with a bunch of phishing/spam.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Yep, its my college email o_O

I think they must've increased the screening requirements because I had no problems getting secondaries over the summer but my college was recently hit with a bunch of phishing/spam.
Either talk to someone at your school's IT department to see what happens to these emails (some are "quarantined" instead of showing up in spam or junk) or update your email address with AMCAS and your schools to a new gmail address that you use just for med school business.
You might feel it's too late in the year to make such a change, it's up to you.

lol maybe you need an II to unlock new features like a portal
At least for Hopkins, which used the same secondary portal as Cornell, I was sent a new link to a diff portal to schedule my interview lmfao

lol maybe you need an II to unlock new features like a portal
ohhh gotcha. I had an interview with another school that used the same secondary portal and the only way I could have seen an interview was through email, not their portal. I guess Cornell is different

I just realized the CHCl3 might be talking about a different school in this case, oops

Reactions: 1 users
Only logical solution is Cornell sends us II's so we can determine if there is a portal or not.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
For those of you in purgatory without an II or R, you can definitely send an update letter still (if you have a good reason to). I completed my secondary early July last year, sent a letter in early December, and got the II in late January. :)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users