2023-2024 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are interviews in EST? None of Cornell's emails report a timezone so was wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who uploaded documents post-II, how long did it take for them to email you interview dates? I've been waiting four business days and just radio silence

Members don't see this ad :)
I think there's still maybe ~50 slots left, they interview until mid-Feb and schedule one week in advance

Reactions: 4 users
How did yall feel post interview? Is stress test guy still there?

Reactions: 1 users
Can't speak to other interviewees experiences, but both of my interviewers were great. One was a bit colder maybe at the beginning, but as we got to talking they definitely opened up. Obviously they have a host of different interviewers though so take my experience with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This was one of my most positive interview experiences. Both of my interviewers were lovely, and my first was basically the opposite of a stress test. Super low key and over the top kind. Still not sure I'll get in, but my interviewers were great.

going to second this. my interviewers were both awesome and down to earth, very cool and made sure to ask low stress questions about my experiences, nothing more

Reactions: 2 users
hey guys i have my interview coming up, any tips?? This is by farrr my number 1 school.

My interviewers were pretty awesome. It really seemed like they wanted to get to know me and my insights. The first interviewer was extremely warm and asked lots of good, personal questions. The second interviewer was still very friendly, but was more focused on asking me about my hard skills (research, academics, leadership, etc). In hindsight, this made sense because of their backgrounds so it was nice to be interviewed from different perspectives to really highlight myself across many areas.

Reactions: 1 user
Wondering if Cornell accepts Post-II updates? and if so, where cause I can't find it 😭

Seems like we email them maybe? If they specifically allow "substantial updates" does that mean to hold off interest letters?

Does anyone know if most students can expect to need to do clerkships at Houston Methodist?
[Edited]

Last edited:
Does anyone know if most students can expect to need to do clerkships at Houston Methodist? I'm trans so Cornell being in NYC was a big draw, but needing to rotate in a state like Texas with significant legal restrictions on trans people is a bit worrisome.
I’m wondering this also, are we allowed to choose this? I would love to go back home for a rotation

I don't think you have to rotate there. The impression I got is that it's an optional thing. I also do not want to be rotating in Texas. However, you can ask at tomorrow's Weill Cornell Wednesday. After the main session on research, they are having the QHA student group (which I believe stands for Queer Health Alliance) answer questions in an informal gathering along with SNMA and LMSA.
Oh, great! The email only mentioned the SNMA so I didn't know the QHA would be there.

Bet there's 1 more II wave this Friday then it's wraps

Does anyone know how non-rolling admissions schools review apps? Do they wait till all the interviewees have interviewed? or do they rank the day of?

Sorry for the neurotic question, but do you think attending the Weill Cornell Wednesdays will in any way affect our chances of admission?

Does anyone have an educated suspicion on which week they will release decisions? I know website says March, but seems like in the past they have given more than 2 weeks notice before admitted students weekend for OOS to coordinate travel.

Does anyone have an educated suspicion on which week they will release decisions? I know website says March, but seems like in the past they have given more than 2 weeks notice before admitted students weekend for OOS to coordinate travel.
SLW at WCMC is scheduled for March 22 from what I'm told. So for two weeks time March 6ish?

Last year, it was 3 weeks before, so I think it’s gonna be March 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
For people who interviewed with the "stress-tester" what kind of questions did they ask/how would you suggest preparing for them? Interview next week and want to make sure I am ready in case I get them.

Also, do we know who it is? Seems like they've been around for a while so would think we'd have an ID by now haha. Thanks!
Not fair for me to give out that info but just know your application well

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Not fair for me to give out that info but just know your application well

1706419923376.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
is this the final week that they’ll send interview invites or are they done

Reactions: 1 users