2023-2024 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else know if we should expect anymore interviews at this point?
Was able to talk to admissions and they said they said that either this week or next week will probably be the close of interview offers

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Was able to talk to admissions and they said they said that either this week or next week will probably be the close of interview offers
So what I'm hearing is that I have a few days – max a week – to cure cancer and send an update letter cool cool

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Debating sending a post-II update before decisions or waiting until the inevitable WL to send one

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any international students who interviewed at Cornell, panicking like me?

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully, I can get one of the last remaining interviews at Cornell this or next week

Reactions: 7 users
Tbh I check the email everyday to see whether I got anything from cornell even though I know decisions won't be out till late February or early march.

did anyone not receive a confirmation email from their update letter? I emailed it to them this morning and im worried it went to spam or smth

does anyone else's secondary portal just have the learn more tab with all other information gone? radio silence so far, don't know if this means bad news or just a glitch

does anyone else's secondary portal just have the learn more tab with all other information gone? radio silence so far, don't know if this means bad news or just a glitch
sorry wdym by this? like you can’t view your application anymore?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've gotten radio silence as well but my portal looks normal. Not sure what that could mean, hopefully just a glitch

Interviewed early Jan and portal looks normal to me. You people are wizards for discovering new things all the time lol

• Haha
Interviewed early January and my portal is normal as well

Do we think there are any more chances of IIs here? I know none were reported on SDN at this time last year but maybe bc the rejection waves were different this year? idkkkk

I think IIs are generally sent on Wednesdays so if there's radio silence tomorrow then it's probably over unfortunately

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I think IIs are generally sent on Wednesdays so if there's radio silence tomorrow then it's probably over unfortunately
There have also been Thursday invites sent out (Jan 11). Im delusional and want one more day of hope

Last edited:
Do we know when they release decisions?
Based on older threads, last week of Feb (last couple years) to first week of March (years past). Second week of March at the latest, especially since their second look is March 22-23

The two week period between Feb and March is gonna be real brutal for me lmfao

Reactions: 4 users
Found this old thread and added the last couple years (can I count this as non-clinical volunteering)

2023: Friday Feb 24th (10:50 AM EST)
2022: Saturday Feb 26th (8:49 AM EST)
2021: Monday March 8th (5:13 PM EST)
2020: Friday March 13th (decisions largely around 3:30 pm PST
“2019: Friday March 8 (First Acceptance at 3:03 PM)
2018: Thursday March 8 (First Acceptance at 3:21 PM)
2017: Thursday March 9 (First Acceptance at 1:32 PM)
2016: Wednesday February 24 (First Acceptance at 12:14)
2015: Thursday March 12 (First Acceptance at 10:31 AM)
2014: Thursday March 13 (First Acceptance at 10:13 AM)
2013: Monday March 11 (First Acceptance at 9:38 AM)
2012: Thursday March 15 (First Acceptance at 9:06 AM)
2011: Tuesday March 8 (First Acceptance at 9:51 AM)
2010: Wednesday March 3 (First Acceptance at 2:55 PM)
2009: Friday February 27 (First Acceptance at 11:22 AM)
2008: Friday March 7 (Can't find SDN Thread)”

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 24 users
Found this old thread and added the last couple years (can I count this as non-clinical volunteering)

2023: Friday Feb 24th (idk time)
2022: Saturday Feb 26th (idk time)
2021: Monday March 8th (idk time)
i really hope this dedication results in an A and some much needed and deserved relief

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
1707328682059.png

POV: Adcom watching me submit an update letter after they're done sending IIs

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25 users

lol I guess the next step is to ask when the second-look days were and what was the advertised decision release time on the website in those years

2023: 10:50 AM EST
2022: 8:49 AM EST
2021: 5:13 PM EST

Reactions: 3 users
This must be the beginning of the fever dream that happens in every year's Cornell thread

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
did anyone else feel like their interviewers were nice but not incredibly personable/chatty? i see a lot of posts on this thread talking about how their interviews were incredibly positive (which is awesome) but i felt like it was hard for me to do that when my interviewers were a bit more...detached? my student interviewer esp really stuck to his list of questions and didn't really want to engage in follow up conversation. sorry for the semi neurotic post haha i just had this interview a few weeks ago and haven't thought about it much since then until now

Reactions: 2 users
did anyone else feel like their interviewers were nice but not incredibly personable/chatty? i see a lot of posts on this thread talking about how their interviews were incredibly positive (which is awesome) but i felt like it was hard for me to do that when my interviewers were a bit more...detached? my student interviewer esp really stuck to his list of questions and didn't really want to engage in follow up conversation. sorry for the semi neurotic post haha i just had this interview a few weeks ago and haven't thought about it much since then until now
i was p sad after my interview for this exact reason! i felt like my interviewers were super detached and not interested in me and also left over half the interview time for me to ask them questions, which i was not prepared for hahaha

ended up getting the mdphd acceptance in december so you never know!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Nah ur not the only one, I felt the exact same way back when I interviewed in the fall

• Love
Nah ur not the only one, I felt the exact same way back when I interviewed in the fall
I had two faculty interviews and one was like that while the other was pretty chatty. I think it's up to the personality of the interviewer tbh (and I've noticed med student interviewers def stick to the script more and are a bit more awkward probably bc it's new to them)

Reactions: 2 users

Definitely agree that my student interviewer relied more heavily on their list of questions, which sort of makes sense. I am guessing since they are not part of the ADCOM collective that make the final decision, they have to use other methods for determining which students they think fit within the vibe of the school. I read once that student interviewers stick to the same list of question to have objective measure by which to assign ranking or a grade to their interviewees. My faculty interview though was more conversational I would say. It went longer than the 30 minutes allotted and she seemed engaged. I think we are all just panicking at this point, and I know there are times I wonder whether I would have increased my chances had i answered some the questions differently.