2023-2024 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to all IIs! Can those who received II today post the earliest and latest interview dates available at Cornell?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an OOS II! Complete 7/10

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II! Complete 7/7

They ask us to upload a photo with "a full frontal view of your head and shoulders" on a light background... I have one of me where my shoulders are turned a bit (not quite 3/4 but also not flat) but my face is straight on, do you think that would be ok? Or would it be better to just take a new photo that is "full frontal"

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II! Complete 7/7

They ask us to upload a photo with "a full frontal view of your head and shoulders" on a light background... I have one of me where my shoulders are turned a bit (not quite 3/4 but also not flat) but my face is straight on, do you think that would be ok? Or would it be better to just take a new photo that is "full frontal"

Why are they so specific lol?? I think if you can clearly see your face and shoulders it should be fine. But that’s just my opinion, maybe someone who knows better can respond

did anyone with an II today also receive an email with the attestation form/information about the passport photo? i just received the II email but no further communication after that. thank you!

did anyone with an II today also receive an email with the attestation form/information about the passport photo? i just received the II email but no further communication after that. thank you!
Yep! I got the II and attestation form emails at about the same time. After I submitted my photo and form, I then got an email about scheduling an interview (although they said this scheduling email could take up to 3 business days to come through after submitting).

If you didn’t get the attestation form email, maybe check your portal and see if you can submit everything anyway? Or email them 👍🏻

OOS II ! Completed 8/8.
I feel it’s a mistake, considering my cGPA and sGPA are super low.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II! Complete 7/7

I ended up uploading my pic that was like that. Hoping its ok too lol.

Interviewing here tomorrow - just confirming with y'all who also have interviews, we do not know the names/positions of our interviewers? Only the time? Thanks! Good luck everyone.

Interviewing here tomorrow - just confirming with y'all who also have interviews, we do not know the names/positions of our interviewers? Only the time? Thanks! Good luck everyone.
Interviewing tomorrow as well and I only have the times. No information on the names/positions was provided. Good luck with your interview!

If the invitation here passed your submission date, I assume I got screened out, right?

If the invitation here passed your submission date, I assume I got screened out, right?
Probably not yet. Thanksgiving is the big day to start worrying, trust me 🤠

Or all the questioning from your relatives will jus cause you to worry :cryi:
Ohhh boy trust me I've blocked a few numbers for the rest of the fall. I'll call them back on May 1 when it's all done and settled

• Love
  • Haha
I know Cornell does non-rolling admissions, but does interviewing earlier on in the cycle increase the chance of an acceptance?

I know Cornell does non-rolling admissions, but does interviewing earlier on in the cycle increase the chance of an acceptance?
I think the general wisdom is: no, in the sense that you're competing for the same number of spots as someone who interviews in February (unlike rolling admissions, where the number of spots decreases as people are accepted); but maybe, since they liked your file immediately instead of upon multiple reviews. However, someone who submits later and is reviewed/interviewed later for that reason might have the same chance as you. Moral of the story is that trying to read into it too much will drive you insane and has 0 impact on your decision ultimately (they're gonna make the same decision one way or another no matter what) so just try to find a way to distract yourself til decision day lol

edit: also even if you submit earlier and get a later interview, some schools don't go chronologically and/or have different reviewers take different speeds so even submission date relative to II date might not give you much info

Reactions: 4 users
Do you know if they are allowed? I know some schools discourage them
They should be. It was never brought up that it’s discouraged (and I tried searching online if they had a policy and didn’t find anything) and my interviewers provided me their emails so I sent thank you letters to them

Edit: Looking at past threads thank you letters are accepted

Last edited by a moderator:
OOS II Complete 7/7!! New yawk (ayy i'm walkin here, fuggetaboutit)

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
MSTP II!!!! complete 7/13, international

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
OOS II on 9/20!!! :love: Complete 7/12!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
For those who interviewed, what parts of your application did the interviewers have access to?

For those who interviewed, what parts of your application did the interviewers have access to?
I think everything except maybe MCAT? (My interviewer asked what my score was, so I'm assuming he didn't have it), but they did comment on my LORs, my activities, and my personal statement

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I think everything except maybe MCAT? (My interviewer asked what my score was, so I'm assuming he didn't have it), but they did comment on my LORs, my activities, and my personal statement
This makes me think if they are even allowed to ask that question about your MCAT then? If they are blinded to MCATs is probably to avoid bias??

This makes me think if they are even allowed to ask that question about your MCAT then? If they are blinded to MCATs is probably to avoid bias??
Maybe? He asked it playfully, kind of like he expected my score to be what it was based on the rest of my app, but it would make sense that its MCAT blind to avoid bias

For anyone who recently interviewed: have they mentioned where they are in terms of interviews and how many they have left to send out? Also, what's the scheduling for recent II's looking like?

For anyone who recently interviewed: have they mentioned where they are in terms of interviews and how many they have left to send out? Also, what's the scheduling for recent II's looking like?
They don't allow you to see the interview schedule, they give you a list of like three upcoming dates via email, and you have to tell them your preference.

IS II received today! complete 7/13

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
IS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/26.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users