2023-2024 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! What dates are available? :)

they asked us to upload photo & sign attestation then once uploaded, could take up to 3 business days before we get the email to schedule interviews so I haven’t gotten mine yet, will update when I do!

Reactions: 2 users
Update: they’re scheduling to the end of this month so plenty more interviews to go around !

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone who submitted in late August received anything yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Do we know if they take update letters at all and where we can submit them?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Do we know if they take update letters at all and where we can submit them?
You can email them to [email protected] as a PDF file with this format: lastname_firstname_AAMC ID_ date. Also attach “please please please send amateurbater an invite PLEASE” at the bottom of the email. I hear that’s how your application gets read.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how far out are they scheduling interviews?
They email you after a few days of getting an invitation a couple of dates to choose from for your interview. I had two dates available and the latest one was 11/09 so plenty of interviews left!

Reactions: 5 users
They email you after a few days of getting an invitation a couple of dates to choose from for your interview. I had two dates available and the latest one was 11/09 so plenty of interviews left!
This is good to hear 🤞🏽🤞🏽

Does anyone know if Cornell accepts letters of interest + pub updates? Their website says to only send updates that "give extra insight about you as an individual" and not reprints of published articles.

Does anyone know if Cornell accepts letters of interest + pub updates? Their website says to only send updates that "give extra insight about you as an individual" and not reprints of published articles.
Well I just sent one...so we'll see haha

Rejected Tri-I MD/PhD 11/6. Complete 10/19. Still under MD-only consideration.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
OOS II this morning! LM 75, non-trad career changer. Complete 7/7 and absolutely STUNNED wow!! Still have to upload a form and a photo so idk how far out they're scheduling yet but I'll report back later.

Edit: I was given options as early as next week through the end of the month!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hmm
Reactions: 20 users
^^ I completed end of August and have strong Cornell ties. There are updates but not significant either. Would an LOI help/hurt?

how long were peoples' interviews? felt like one of them was really short, interviewer only asked me 3 questions not sure how to feel :/

• Hmm
how long were peoples' interviews? felt like one of them was really short, interviewer only asked me 3 questions not sure how to feel :/
just had mine today and each were about 30 min. every interviewer probably does things a bit differently so wouldn't read too much into it

Does anyone know if Cornell is receptive to pre-II letters? I am a non-trad applicant who was complete at the end of July. I don't have any significant updates, but was thinking about reaching out now w/ a LOI. Trying to figure out if there is any reason not to.
I don't think there is anything wrong, especially because they say that occassional, substantial updates are welcome. But if you think you might have more updates later in the cycle, I would wait because it may be more powerful then.

OOS II! Complete 8/25!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
OOS II, LM 71 complete early July

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! Best of luck! Mind sharing stats?
Of course! 42" chest, 26.5" waist, BMI 25 (real measurements ;))

Haha but seriously, URM 3.7X, 51X (higher side)

Congrats people! When were they scheduling to??
2 dates available! 1 date last week of Nov and 1 date the first week of Dec!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
pls cornell I pray everytime I pass olin hall that u send me that II. sad lyfe. complete 8/15 so I think they are reviewing my app around now....

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
pls cornell I pray everytime I pass olin hall that u send me that II. sad lyfe. complete 8/15 so I think they are reviewing my app around now....
Lol I graduated in May and I've lost all hope in my own alma mater sending me an II. I was complete like mid July. LM 70

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I got an interview invite today. I think I submitted at the end of August.

My LM is 78 and I'm have a very strong research background.

Reactions: 7 users
OOS II today! Submitted secondary 7/15, stats in signature

Hello! I got an II earlier last week :) LM 72 literally so shook, Alhamdulillah (Thank God). Are there any current med students who would be willing to chat about the school and their experience? If so please DM me, would really appreciate some inside perspective. Thank you ahead of time!

Last edited:
  • Love
Hello! I got an II earlier last week :))) LM 72 literally so shook, Alhamdulillah (Thank God). Are there any current med students who would be willing to chat about the school and their experience? If so please DM me, would really appreciate some inside perspective. Thank you ahead of time!
hate to be that person but complete date?

Anyone know if Cornell looks favorably on updates?
I’m not sure, but if the update is somewhat significant, then it can’t hurt. At this point, most IIs are gone, so I would send an update unless you think a bigger update can happen soon. Just my two cents, but I’m an applicant (so I could be wrong)

Reactions: 2 users