2023-2024 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll sneak you in but you gotta tell me the spots
Wallflower collective is my favorite burly spot for more chill drinks, if you’re looking for messy then Lincoln’s is awesome 👀 red square also

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Wallflower collective is my favorite burly spot for more chill drinks, if you’re looking for messy then Lincoln’s is awesome 👀 red square also
Don’t forget Hattie’s!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the devil was a heart at first and literally laughed out loud.

And hey I mean I went to Carolina so I'd love that lol
KENTUCKY GOT DOGWALKED KANSAS ONLY WON CUZ THEY PAID OFF THE REFS AND BYU IS WALKING HOME IN DISGRACE THIS IS OUR YEAR

• Haha
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
KENTUCKY GOT DOGWALKED KANSAS ONLY WON CUZ THEY PAID OFF THE REFS AND BYU IS WALKING HOME IN DISGRACE THIS IS OUR YEAR
This aged poorly. Same **** every year pour one out catamount bros :(

• Care
I sent a letter of interest!
I’ve sent an LOI last week so maybe I’ll get some love! Probably should have sent it sooner but I was trying pretty hard to make it as good as possible. Congrats again!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you upload your LOI and email the admissions office to let them know? I submitted one last week, but not sure if they automatically will see it
I emailed them to let them know, and they said they had seen it. It couldn’t hurt to email them but I believe they’re notified when you do it.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a facebook group/group me?

Also, any current students able to answer some questions?

Last edited:
Are we waiting for a waitlist to be formulated at this point?

Are we waiting for a waitlist to be formulated at this point?
I still haven’t gotten the results of my interview (early February). I was told late March or early April for my result, so probably after that a formal waitlist will be made.

Reactions: 3 users
They were doing interviews until like March 1st so I'm guessing formal WL status will prob be early May unless the last couple rounds were just for the wait-list. They didn't say that was the case though.

Do we know if we will know our rank on the waitlist? (when it forms)
It's unlikely. From their website "For applicants who are offered a position on the waitlist, please note that the waitlist is not publicly ranked and our waitlist process will start in May. "

It's unlikely. From their website "For applicants who are offered a position on the waitlist, please note that the waitlist is not publicly ranked and our waitlist process will start in May. "
I’m sort of confused as to how they rank students, is it mostly based on intangibles or harder metrics?

I’m sort of confused as to how they rank students, is it mostly based on intangibles or harder metrics?
No one really knows for sure. Could be demographics, stats, different ECs, OOS vs IS. Just depends on what they need.

Are the acceptance letters personalized? Mine had a portion of text in another color like it was edited haha

• Haha
Are the acceptance letters personalized? Mine had a portion of text in another color like it was edited haha
pretty sure it was a template because mine said:

"On behalf of the Committee on Admissions, I am delighted to congratulate you on your acceptance into the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at the University of Vermont Class of 2027, entering in August 2023."

Do we think there will be another A wave on Thursday, or will we most likely have to wait until the first/second week of April?

Do we think there will be another A wave on Thursday, or will we most likely have to wait until the first/second week of April?
No idea but getting an A like two days before my wedding would be pretty sick.

I swear, if they hit us with a student panel email on April Fools day, I'm gonna lose it

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Just got an email from admissions stating the first round of scholarship offers are set to go out by the end of the week.

April fools or nah?

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an email from admissions stating the first round of scholarship offers are set to go out by the end of the week.

April fools or nah?
better not be because that OOS tuition looking a little...*gulp*

What do we think February interviewees? Is today the magic thursday?

Are y'all bringing a parent/SO to closer look or going alone? I think i might be going alone due to cost so I hope that's not awkward lol

Are y'all bringing a parent/SO to closer look or going alone? I think i might be going alone due to cost so I hope that's not awkward lol
I’ll be going alone, too! Honestly I think a lot of people will

I went to the first one. My partner came with me to Vermont because I’m OOS but I went to closer look alone! I think most if not all people were solo at mine

I went to the first one. My partner came with me to Vermont because I’m OOS but I went to closer look alone! I think most if not all people were solo at mine
Awesome, I feel better now! Thanks everyone :)

Also how was closer look? Did they send more info closer to the date? Right now I don't really know what's happening 😅

Awesome, I feel better now! Thanks everyone :)

Also how was closer look? Did they send more info closer to the date? Right now I don't really know what's happening 😅
I thought it was pretty cool! They sent out a full schedule/agenda a few days before. I felt like I was in the dark before that so don’t worry! There was also a group chat link and invitations to a few social events the night before and right after

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
When is closer look? I’m assuming no chance for February interviewees since acceptances won’t be sent out till next Thursday or Thursday after that?

When is closer look? I’m assuming no chance for February interviewees since acceptances won’t be sent out till next Thursday or Thursday after that?
It's April 19th! This is the second closer look they've held, so there may be another but I'm not sure.