2023-2024 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3/1! 2nd to last interview date I think.
3/1 here too, just got the DD. Next week we'll know, right y'all? Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
got a scholarship email this morning! Just as I was about to choose a different school lol. Check your inboxes y’all ☺️

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
If we haven't gotten any scholarship info at this point beyond loans does that mean we can assume we aren't getting any merit aid

Members don't see this ad :)
Just emailed admissions and they confirmed they would be releasing decisions for (at least some) DDs this Thursday

Reactions: 4 users
Just emailed admissions and they confirmed they would be releasing decisions for (at least some) DDs this Thursday
Stressed Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

waking up on thursday like

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
i swear someone else in this thread emailed admissions that anyone on DD by April 30th will be automatically waitlisted 😭 so is everyone DD just waitlisted at this point??

i swear someone else in this thread emailed admissions that anyone on DD by April 30th will be automatically waitlisted 😭 so is everyone DD just waitlisted at this point??
Yea we all get waitlisted. Ig I assumed they meant decisions based on WL movement from the choose your med school deadline.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
admissions told me if were not accepted by may1 we would be offered a WL position. DD and WL are not much different, but I do believe we will get an email if we are waitlisted based on what they said. Last year there was a HUGE DD-->A and DD-->WL wave on May 1 and 2 So hopefully we will see that again and some DD people will get an A this week!!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
My Neighbor Totoro Tree GIF

bringing back the Totoro tree manifestation for y'all hearing back this week

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
yell studio ghibli GIF

Not the exact totoro meme I was looking for but a good example of my feelings atm nonetheless lol.

• Haha
this is the most toxic relationship I have ever been in and I got back together three separate times with an ex who dumped me three separate times in college. Just end it already lmao

Reactions: 6 users
Dropped my A OOS, take care everyone and good luck on the remainder of this application cycle 😊

this is the most toxic relationship I have ever been in and I got back together three separate times with an ex who dumped me three separate times in college. Just end it already lmao
Same 😅 made some bad college decisions and this STILL has me more on edge

Withdrawing my A here also, best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Current M1 in class rn but have lost my brain power to focus. AMA

• Care
On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate your med student experience so far?

It is definitely hard and of course I have small complaints here and there but overall 8/10. Met great people, faculty and professors genuinely care and are open to feedback, given enough material to do well on exams and NBMEs

Reactions: 4 users
where are most people living? The rent looks like it is soooo expensive out there

I live right off of church street in center downtown. A lot of people live in the downtown area, upper northend (honestly same place to me), south Burlington (5min drive to campus), winooski (also like 5 min). I’d say over half the class are in these areas. Rent is expensive everywhere here and I pay on the upper end because I live alone and have to pay for a parking garage. But there’s this magical thing called PSLF that I am banking on. My thoughts are; I would rather live more comfortably and enjoy my apartment and living space than save a couple hundred dollars and be miserable. If you can find someone you know you would like living with tho that can save a good amount of money

What's a typical week in the life for M1? like in-person/independent time and how much free time do you have generally?

Very tricky answer ngl. It really depends on the current course, the amount of lectures that day and if there are any mandatory things that day also, you’re learning style, and how high of passing grade you want, etc.

This is a very rough average of my first semester after I got settled in and in a groove. I’d workout in the morning for one hour (7:30 am gym) then go to lecture. I attend 95% of lectures because that’s just what I do. 4-6 hours in lecture. 12:00 pm always a scheduled lunch break. Then I’d take a break, go home, eat, walk my dog for an hour go back to school to study with some friends for 3-4 hours (I can’t focus at home). Go back home, play some video games, and then prep for class the next day (1-2 hours max). More games or tv or play with my dog. Bed. Repeat.

Today I woke up at 5 am, couldn’t fall back asleep, went to gym at 6:30 am (I’ve been bad at doing it lately). Back by 7:30. Take dog out, eat, shower, out the door by 8 am. Class 8:30 am to 12. Had a meeting from 12:30-1, personal and research stuff from 1-3, go out to eat from 3-3:30, go home and crash nap for 30 min, walk my dog for an hour, go to friends house to study at 5:30, studied til 10:30, prepped for class til 11:00 (did very bad on a quiz worth .005% of my grade), got home, let dog out, responded to these messages on SDN, now I’m gonna have a small little mental breakdown in the shower for 15 min, go to bed, wake up at 6am and have class from 8-4 and then study again til really late, etc, etc.

2 days ago I had 1 mandatory thing and played video games for 6 hours because the really hard stuff to study didn’t happen until today

Last course I went to class the first week and studied on my own and prepped for maybe 6 hours or less a day and would go snowboarding and enjoy myself at home

Went on a tangent there. Anyways, very unpredictable days but you learn to manage them very quickly

Current M1 in class rn but have lost my brain power to focus. AMA

Edit: if anyone has any other questions feel free to message me cause I’m not gonna look at the thread anymore

• Wow
Ugh I guess I must've been waitlisted. Haven't received any sort of email yet.