2023-2024 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why would they wait potentially until April when they already know our decisions?!? šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­I just want to get in somewhere
Right there with you. We got this :)

Members don't see this ad.

Planning on attending the student Q&A session today, is formal attire the norm?

Planning on attending the student Q&A session today, is formal attire the norm?
Iā€™ll be wearing a clown costume cuz thatā€™s how I feel when I get my 13th q&a invite but no actual decision šŸ¤”

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ok 12/13 crew today was not the day, I guess we wait more :')

Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone sum up the difference between Vermont and Connecticut campuses?
I am OOS with no ties to either. Interested in continuing research through school.
While it is early to say, I will probably end up pursuing a "competitive" specialty, possibly ENT.
Thoughts?

Can anyone sum up the difference between Vermont and Connecticut campuses?
I am OOS with no ties to either. Interested in continuing research through school.
While it is early to say, I will probably end up pursuing a "competitive" specialty, possibly ENT.
Thoughts?
As someone who went to UVM undergrad and knows a bunch of people at Larner, do VT campus if you have no ties to CT. In one of the student Q&As, someone asked about applying to competitive specialties from CT. The CT student said ā€œI think I heard of someone matching ophthalmology last yearā€¦ā€

From my experience this cycle it seems like main campus is always better than regional, despite what schools will tell you

Im thinking I should not have fessed up to my speeding ticket in their secondary :lol: I wish VT gave me some love. I'm guessing they are done with their interviews?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Im thinking I should not have fessed up to my speeding ticket in their secondary :lol: I wish VT gave me some love. I'm guessing they are done with their interviews?
Oop yeah I think they only need you to disclose stuff other than traffic violations, good on you for being honest though! Shows character!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oop yeah I think they only need you to disclose stuff other than traffic violations, good on you for being honest though! Shows character!!

I honestly donā€™t remember what I put, I just remember this being something funny from secondary season. Lololol

This reminded me, I meant to say this for people submitting apps next year. I disclosed a speeding ticket to UVM and a few other schools that asked and got interviews at 2 of those schools, so for next year's class of nervous applicants, I really don't think it matters or affects interview chances. I think they just want to make sure you don't have like 10 speeding tickets or anything crazy lol.
I wasn't apologetic in my explanation either, I was kind of annoyed they asked as I didn't feel like it should be a disqualifier for my ability to be a dr, so I may have even been slightly flippant in my explanation and I still got interviews.

Does anyone know if it is advisable to send in a letter of intent/continued interest while on DD status? For info I interviewed early October and have been on DD since December.

Does anyone know if it is advisable to send in a letter of intent/continued interest while on DD status? For info I interviewed early October and have been on DD since December.
Yes, I think it's totally fine! They said in the email we can keep them updated on our activities so you can build it as an update letter as well.

Yes, I think it's totally fine! They said in the email we can keep them updated on our activities so you can build it as an update letter as well.
Unfortunately I don't have any meaningful update to provide šŸ™ƒ

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately I don't have any meaningful update to provide šŸ™ƒ
What even counts as a meaningful update, I have a letter of intent/update that Iā€™ve written that just has one ā€˜meaningfulā€™ update, but what does that even mean to these people. Venting a bit because frustrated but ya know

What even counts as a meaningful update, I have a letter of intent/update that Iā€™ve written that just has one ā€˜meaningfulā€™ update, but what does that even mean to these people. Venting a bit because frustrated but ya know
I think the point of updates leters and interest letters are to let a school know you are still interested and care enough to share ongoing things with them. I think very few people have updates so impactful that they move the needle on their app.

I think the point of updates leters and interest letters are to let a school know you are still interested and care enough to share ongoing things with them. I think very few people have updates so impactful that they move the needle on their app.
How spaced apart do we think update letters/letter of intent should be to be most effective? I'm sure there are a lot of us on DD who are willing to send a letter of intent. When do we think is the most effective time to send one? Part of me wants to keep the letter of intent in my back pocket for if I get WL because I feel like a LOI would have more effect for WL movement than DD movement but i'm flying blind with how this DD movement works. seems like a lot of people get an A without even sending anything.

I just got waitlisted at another school that I thought would reject me outright, which my parents really want me to go to over Vermont if possible. I was DD on January 18, UVM is where I did my pre med and I have a letter locked and loaded to send but Iā€™m getting pressure to alter it to a letter of strong interest instead. Iā€™m so torn. I guess thereā€™s nothing stopping me from sending a letter of interest and then a letter of intent later? Iā€™m in existential agony lol

How spaced apart do we think update letters/letter of intent should be to be most effective? I'm sure there are a lot of us on DD who are willing to send a letter of intent. When do we think is the most effective time to send one? Part of me wants to keep the letter of intent in my back pocket for if I get WL because I feel like a LOI would have more effect for WL movement than DD movement but i'm flying blind with how this DD movement works. seems like a lot of people get an A without even sending anything.
I think if you are on the WL for a while then a letter of intent/interest may help, but I can't imagine it would be much different than sending it now while on DD.

I do not think letters of interest/intent carry as much weight as we would like them to. As you said, most people on DD could be sending in letters of intent (and nothing is stopping them from doing that). Nobody except people on the admissions team knows the right answer, so I think the best thing you can do is advocate for yourself and hope for the best.

Iā€™ve been involved in the same two positions I was in when I submitted my primary. So for me, a meaningful update would be if I had a new activity, publication, or recognition etc

imagine being pranked by your 800th student ambassador email (me 30 seconds ago)

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Pre-II R. Goodluck to everyone who interviewed or is interviewing!

• Care
+1 OOS Pre-II R

• Care
pre-ii r, Email says interview season is over

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
OOS pre-II R an hour ago, complete 8/31. 9 more schools left to hear from

Last edited:
  • Care
Do we expect post-II decision movement today/tomorrow since the March 15 deadline is approaching or is that wishful thinking?

I'm at a mere 7 weeks post interview so buckling up to wait a lot longer

Do we expect post-II decision movement today/tomorrow since the March 15 deadline is approaching or is that wishful thinking?

I'm at a mere 7 weeks post interview so buckling up to wait a lot longer
I'm on week 13 and admissions told me they already made a decision so i'm really hoping it's today :')

They told you they already made decisions? Whatā€™s the hold up then lol
Yeah I asked about it because 12/13 was skipped in the last wave and they told me i would hear in march/april lol. But they only meet once a month so it could be the next two weeks also :|

Yeah I asked about it because 12/13 was skipped in the last wave and they told me i would hear in march/april lol. But they only meet once a month so it could be the next two weeks also :|
Such a bizarre process. I interviewed early Jan so Iā€™m hoping to hear back by end of the month too