2023-2024 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the DD pile is gonna be like 400+ applicants so i’m hoping they’ve done at least some evaluation of each DD’d person already
Wait that's a good question, what is the math on this? How many applicants do they interview throughout the season and about how many are immediate As? I kind of want to know how many DD people they have on the list :cryi:

Members don't see this ad.

Wait that's a good question, what is the math on this? How many applicants do they interview throughout the season and about how many are immediate As? I kind of want to know how many DD people they have on the list :cryi:
In the interview, they said they interview around 610, and accept 344. It’s safe to assume that they aren’t going to accept too much more than their class size during the app cycle, so they probably have accepted anywhere between 124 and 200 (124 matriculants - MSAR) so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew App (OOS, DD). Genuinely enjoyed my interview exp here. Some of the nicest people I've ever met as well. GL everyone!

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In the interview, they said they interview around 610, and accept 344. It’s safe to assume that they aren’t going to accept too much more than their class size during the app cycle, so they probably have accepted anywhere between 124 and 200 (124 matriculants - MSAR) so far.

i bet this is accurate my guess is based on the timing of the movement that the open spots from people who withdraw by April 30 they will first fill with DD people like may 1 -2 and waitlist the rest then as people withdraw after April 30th they fill those spots with WL people. i think there’s decent movement for both DD and WL to A compared to other schools because uvm is so conservative with their acceptances so I’m hanging on to hope but i’m probably being way too optimistic

i bet this is accurate my guess is based on the timing of the movement that the open spots from people who withdraw by April 30 they will first fill with DD people like may 1 -2 and waitlist the rest then as people withdraw after April 30th they fill those spots with WL people. i think there’s decent movement for both DD and WL to A compared to other schools because uvm is so conservative with their acceptances so I’m hanging on to hope but i’m probably being way too optimistic

I also think they have a lower matriculation rate for ppl accepted off the WL because they take so long to get back to applicants and it becomes logistically burdensome to change schools as time passes. Just musing here

Ok I was doing some sleuthing on the 2022/2023 thread and it seems as though fewer people had heard back at this time last year. A lot of Feb interviewees were still waiting for anything by late April whereas it seems this year they've gone through that wave. Soooooo here is to hoping that they will be at least a little bit earlier in letting us know about DD decisions for this cycle?

Reactions: 3 users
is this business casual like...suit +/- tie or like button up + dress pants vibe (for a guy)?
Button up and dress pants for sure, I think a suit would be overkill

3/1 interviewee here, attempting (but failing) to not hit F5 all day. Anyone hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
3/1 interviewee here, attempting (but failing) to not hit F5 all day. Anyone hear anything yet?
I also interviewed 3/1. I emailed an LOI earlier this week and they said that my application had been reviewed at the previous committee meeting and that they would release decisions within the next couple weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
I also interviewed 3/1. I emailed an LOI earlier this week and they said that my application had been reviewed at the previous committee meeting and that they would release decisions within the next couple weeks.
Did you add it to the portal also? or they added it for you after you emailed?

to those in the DD purgatory - I found the balls to email admissions asking about a timeline (I interviewed in OCTOBER) and they let me know that the committee is continually reviewing all of those on DD status and those who are not accepted by April 30th will be offered a spot on the WL

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think they reject anyone but that's not backed by any evidence

to those in the DD purgatory - I found the balls to email admissions asking about a timeline (I interviewed in OCTOBER) and they let me know that the committee is continually reviewing all of those on DD status and those who are not accepted by April 30th will be offered a spot on the WL
You are so brave and thank you so much! I have been too scared to ask anything definitive.

I don't think they reject anyone but that's not backed by any evidence
Do people know about how long the WL generally is then? If all of us in DD are gonna be on it?

Cuz seems like odds of getting off the WL are low considering how big it’s gonna be 😭

Makes me wonder if there may be one more wave of DD --> A before the 30th then? At least I'd hope so lol.

Do people know about how long the WL generally is then? If all of us in DD are gonna be on it?

Cuz seems like odds of getting off the WL are low considering how big it’s gonna be 😭
The MSAR said the waitlist is around 300-400 people and about 100 are accepted from it but I'm sure it varies from year to year. My detective skills have me thinking about 400 people are DD right now and most of us will be WL but then we'll have about a 25% chance of being accepted.

Thank you so much for calling! I’m in the exact same boat but I was scared to call. At least we’ll all have a more conclusive answer by April 30th. That’s not too far away :)

accepted students - how was second look? is LCOM still amazing? also- is the LCOM PTE still April 30th? I've heard of some schools pushing it back later due to FAFSA and financial aid package delays

Speaking personally here, but I posted in this thread ~ mid-December gushing about my interview experience, and it 10000% carried over to the Closer Look day. All of the current students were extremely kind and genuine and I felt that I learned a ton from them during closer look and the informal event(s) they put on.

All of the prospective students were also great and we all clicked throughout the day. It actually made me a little sad knowing most of us had not committed yet and could end up somewhere else. The campus was beautiful, the facilities were amazing, and we got to speak with the simulated patients team which was my favorite part. They are dedicated to keeping up-to-date with "our generation's" ethics/values and providing amazing feedback to students during our training. Meeting the simulated patients and hearing their stories/experiences with students over the many years was really cool and not something I got to appreciate at other schools.

I've gone to a few other second/closer look events, one of them a school I thought I would rather go to than UVM (and another that actively turned me off from the school lol), but I can confidently say I did not feel this way after any of the other second/closer look events. They all felt so formal/corporate but at UVM it truly felt like they valued us and were trying to recruit applicants.

I think PTE is still April 30th and CTE is in June? PTE does not affect much, the CTE date is the important one that schools are either keeping at April 30th or extending due to the finaid mess. Some schools will withdraw you from their school if they are notified you CTE at another school, so that is something you need to look into for everywhere you applied!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Speaking personally here, but I posted in this thread ~ mid-December gushing about my interview experience, and it 10000% carried over to the Closer Look day. All of the current students were extremely kind and genuine and I felt that I learned a ton from them during closer look and the informal event(s) they put on.

All of the prospective students were also great and we all clicked throughout the day. It actually made me a little sad knowing most of us had not committed yet and could end up somewhere else. The campus was beautiful, the facilities were amazing, and we got to speak with the simulated patients team which was my favorite part. They are dedicated to keeping up-to-date with "our generation's" ethics/values and providing amazing feedback to students during our training. Meeting the simulated patients and hearing their stories/experiences with students over the many years was really cool and not something I got to appreciate at other schools.

I've gone to a few other second/closer look events, one of them a school I thought I would rather go to than UVM (and another that actively turned me off from the school lol), but I can confidently say I did not feel this way after any of the other second/closer look events. They all felt so formal/corporate but at UVM it truly felt like they valued us and were trying to recruit applicants.

I think PTE is still April 30th and CTE is in June? PTE does not affect much, the CTE date is the important one that schools are either keeping at April 30th or extending due to the finaid mess. Some schools will withdraw you from their school if they are notified you CTE at another school, so that is something you need to look into for everywhere you applied!
Totally agree, I felt like everyone genuinely enjoyed being there and meeting us. It’s been my best experience so far!

• Love

That is so awesome to hear! UVM is my first choice in great part due to the people so I'm glad to hear the vibes at Closer Look were good. How many prospective students were there the other day?

Also, did they mention if they were going to have any more of these for people accepted later or that couldn't attend this one?

That is so awesome to hear! UVM is my first choice in great part due to the people so I'm glad to hear the vibes at Closer Look were good. How many prospective students were there the other day?

Also, did they mention if they were going to have any more of these for people accepted later or that couldn't attend this one?
It wasn't a huge group, maybe 30-40? Some +1s as well so I don't know the actual number.

I know there was a Closer Look in March but I'm not sure about future ones.

I’m DD and I just submitted another update letter. Do you guys think they will read it prior to making a decision? Or if a decision has already been made did this not matter?

I’m DD and I just submitted another update letter. Do you guys think they will read it prior to making a decision? Or if a decision has already been made did this not matter?
It sounds like it may not matter based on that April 30th date, but there is no harm in sending one! Also I'm not sure how their wait list works but if that's where you end up maybe it will be a helpful part of your file? This is all speculation though :)

I also recently uploaded one. I'm not sure if the A and WL decisions are already solidified but I agree with outfishing, an update def can't hurt. I'm hoping for one last A wave this week but I'm mentally preparing for getting hit with the WL next week

what are the chances they're going to do another round of decisions thurs/friday?

i interviewed early october and been on dd since december. kind of wish i was just straight up waitlisted bc i keep holding out hope each decision wave will include me :(

what are the chances they're going to do another round of decisions thurs/friday?

i interviewed early october and been on dd since december. kind of wish i was just straight up waitlisted bc i keep holding out hope each decision wave will include me :(
I think there will likely be movement next week due to people withdrawing/committing at schools once CTE becomes available

Last edited:
I know UVM moved their CTE date to June, but I hope we hear back about scholarships soon because other schools haven't changed their CTE date and April 30th is close :(

I know UVM moved their CTE date to June, but I hope we hear back about scholarships soon because other schools haven't changed their CTE date and April 30th is close :(
I think CTE just becomes available on April 30th but you have until June 24th (for UVM specifically) to CTE. Most schools have CTE dates in May-July and a lot are updating because of fin aid I think.

But either way I agree, I hope we hear back soon!

I think CTE just becomes available on April 30th but you have until June 24th (for UVM specifically) to CTE. Most schools have CTE dates in May-July and a lot are updating because of fin aid I think.

But either way I agree, I hope we hear back soon!
dumb q where do you see school-specific CTE deadlines

PTE deadline is 4/30. Those w/ multiple acceptances select one school by that date but can hold waitlists. As mentioned, CTE is school specific and usually not required until a short time before orientation.

Are they really not going to release DD decisions today... :cryi:

pls scholarship come through

season 3 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just got put on DD. When is the last possible day for them to make concrete decisions?

It is absurd to me that they are placing people on DD on April 25th

Withdrawing my acceptance here. Great school. Wish y'all luck!

Reactions: 6 users