2023-2024 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there an accepted group chat for students only or just the one w admin

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys think it would be a red flag for me to call them and see if they've reviewed my app yet lol. I'm usually pretty patient, but after 3 cycles of waiting til the buzzer I'm absolutely frothing at the mouth rn.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get a scholarship email this week? They said the first round would go out this week but I haven't heard of anyone getting one as of rn

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get a scholarship email this week? They said the first round would go out this week but I haven't heard of anyone getting one as of rn
Nope, this is me all day today:
Smash Video Games GIF by HyperX

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry for a small rant but I'm feeling so frustrated with DD right now because I don't know whether to start the reapplication process (which I desperately don't want to do lol) but if I don't get in I'm going to be behind for all of the early steps for primaries. I am so lost and confused. I know I should be preparing for another cycle but the delusional part of my brain doesn't want to go through even one part of this soul sucking process again if there's that small sliver of hope that I'll get in. This cycle has gone so much worse than I could have imagined! And I need them to tell me if I have to do it again so I can at least mentally prepare!

Ok that's it rant is #over but thanks for listening xo

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Hi outfitting, I know how you feel about this. I'm personally on a few waitlists myself and it's been brutal for the waiting season. I think it's still better to start on the reapp, just doing a little bit each day. That way it's better safe than sorry. I think you might need someone to keep you accountable for your progress if it's a family member or a friend.
Sorry for a small rant but I'm feeling so frustrated with DD right now because I don't know whether to start the reapplication process (which I desperately don't want to do lol) but if I don't get in I'm going to be behind for all of the early steps for primaries. I am so lost and confused. I know I should be preparing for another cycle but the delusional part of my brain doesn't want to go through even one part of this soul sucking process again if there's that small sliver of hope that I'll get in. This cycle has gone so much worse than I could have imagined! And I need them to tell me if I have to do it again so I can at least mentally prepare!

Ok that's it rant is #over but thanks for listening xo

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think it would be a red flag for me to call them and see if they've reviewed my app yet lol. I'm usually pretty patient, but after 3 cycles of waiting til the buzzer I'm absolutely frothing at the mouth rn.
Nope, I don’t think so. I did this, sent and LOI and turns out my app was up for review that same day. So no harm in doing so!

• Love
Would the scholarship offer be a separate email from the Financial Aid/FAFSA email that was just sent out? / Has anyone received a scholarship email yet?

Last edited:
I hope so cause I didn’t get nothing 💀
Would the scholarship offer be a separate email from the Financial Aid/FAFSA email that was just sent out? / Has anyone received a scholarship email yet?

Are you on delayed decision?

Bruh they really had to rub in the $(empty) in scholarships huh 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Not a red flag at all full send it

Full sent! They told me a decision had been made last week about me, but they weren't allowed to tell me whether it was accepted or delayed decision. They told me I should hear back via email within a couple of weeks 🥴

Full sent! They told me a decision had been made last week about me, but they weren't allowed to tell me whether it was accepted or delayed decision. They told me I should hear back via email within a couple of weeks 🥴
Why do they do this to us!!! :dead:

Full sent! They told me a decision had been made last week about me, but they weren't allowed to tell me whether it was accepted or delayed decision. They told me I should hear back via email within a couple of weeks

that’s cruel but also exciting! it doesn’t make much sense to me to be putting people on DD mid april. I wish schools had a deadline for when to A WL or R people so we don’t have to deal with the ambiguity of a deferral this late in the cycle

that’s cruel but also exciting! it doesn’t make much sense to me to be putting people on DD mid april. I wish schools had a deadline for when to A WL or R people so we don’t have to deal with the ambiguity of a deferral this late in the cycle
Love the pfp

When did you interview again?

So if not this week, then the 18th or 25th? Or else we are into May and I thought that was when the deferrals become waitlists.

So if not this week, then the 18th or 25th? Or else we are into May and I thought that was when the deferrals become waitlists.

They didn't give me that much info lol. All I know is that she said I could hear within a few weeks. So it might be this week but might also be a few weeks from now.

They didn't give me that much info lol. All I know is that she said I could hear within a few weeks. So it might be this week but might also be a few weeks from now.
Usually the admissions people answering emails don't have access to the committee decisions or know when emails get sent out so they have to be vague. When I emailed last month they told me the same thing (a decision has been made and you will hear back in the next few weeks) and I got my decision during the next wave!

giphy.gif

manifesting decisions for you all and DD turnover tomorrow

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Is the idea that everyone will be told either A, WL, or R in this April wave? Since we’re coming up to the May 1st deadline?

Is the idea that everyone will be told either A, WL, or R in this April wave? Since we’re coming up to the May 1st deadline?

last year looks like the DD -> A or WL wave was may 1 and 2 and that was after they made some mid-April decisions so i’m not getting my hopes up about a massive wave if they keep the same kinetics as last year. My overthinking makes me think they wanna see what DD people have PTE at other schools and they can see that after April 30.. maybe that’s why they wait? idk i’m prob just going crazy

last year looks like the DD -> A or WL wave was may 1 and 2 and that was after they made some mid-April decisions so i’m not getting my hopes up about a massive wave if they keep the same kinetics as last year. My overthinking makes me think they wanna see what DD people have PTE at other schools and they can see that after April 30.. maybe that’s why they wait? idk i’m prob just going crazy
what is PTE?

what is PTE?
Plan to enroll. Essentially saying they are your top choice for the time being but you're not fully set on going there yet (like if you're on waitlists).

Arc Olympian GIF by All-Round Champion

Another day of waiting. Hope we all hear back today!

Reactions: 2 users
I can't believe this is real....Accepted today!!! Interviewed on 2/6
OMG, I am so incredibly thankful and beyond excited!! 😭😭😭

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
What’s the point of DD this late in the game tho if we just need to wait til next week

What’s the point of DD this late in the game tho if we just need to wait til next week
It’s a glorified waitlist at this point. Don’t get why UVM still calls it DD at this point in the cycle. It doesn’t look like much movement happened last April 15th though. Looks like it’ll mostly happen on May 1st and after

My assumption is that they're now going to take the stack of DDs and compare them to each other. So they spent the last few weeks distilling apps into either A or DD piles and now they're going to go through the DD pile all at once.

My assumption is that they're now going to take the stack of DDs and compare them to each other. So they spent the last few weeks distilling apps into either A or DD piles and now they're going to go through the DD pile all at once.

the DD pile is gonna be like 400+ applicants so i’m hoping they’ve done at least some evaluation of each DD’d person already