2023-2024 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there still iis to be sent here?
I believe their rule of thumb for interviewing end is March. Whether that's March 1 or 31 I'm not too sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
the website suggests DD cannot go to R. Maybe previous forums indicate otherwise. "Candidates in the DD status will be presented to the committee in subsequent meetings until a decision, accepted or waitlisted, has been made. While this status may be disappointing in the beginning, it is a temporary status."
Yes I feel that it means you’re accepted or waitlisted. I suppose there’s no point in giving you an R if you might be waitlisted or accepted as you say. That’s what I’m telling myself

Members don't see this ad :)
If I've been on DD since December, should I just assume I'm a waitlist :'(

which email are you referring to?
The DD email: "Candidates in the DD status will be presented to the committee in subsequent meetings until a decision, accepted or waitlisted, has been made. While this status may be disappointing in the beginning, it is a temporary status."

‘May be disappointing’ …is and shall continue to be so!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys do we think tomorrow is a wave of updates! Or is that too hopeful lol

Hey guys do we think tomorrow is a wave of updates! Or is that too hopeful lol
teenager smile GIF by ola szmida

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I spoke with admissions today and they said they have 2 more interview days in March!
Don’t give up yet :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Do we have any idea how long on average it takes UVM to get back to the people they've interviewed? I'm assuming its around 4-6 weeks like every other school, but wasn't sure if they tend to be quick or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we have any idea how long on average it takes UVM to get back to the people they've interviewed? I'm assuming its around 4-6 weeks like every other school, but wasn't sure if they tend to be quick or not.
I heard back around 12-14 weeks after my interview, I think UVM is pretty slow unfortunately

Thanks! Eh in some ways it's reassuring they're giving everyone's apps the proper attention. However, it is getting to that point in the cycle where my neuroticism wants to take over so we'll see how I feel in a few weeks lol.

Thanks! Eh in some ways it's reassuring they're giving everyone's apps the proper attention. However, it is getting to that point in the cycle where my neuroticism wants to take over so we'll see how I feel in a few weeks lol.
Things may have sped up a bit, I haven't heard back yet but interviewed mid-January and was told we would get answers either last week of Feb or first week of March. Obviously time will tell if they hold to that timeline, but I have to imagine they are slowly starting to wrap things up.

I got a response after a short 83 days!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Definitely do not assume 4-6 weeks. I heard back (DD) 3 months after interviewing. That being said I have no idea if they plan to speed up that timeline as we get closer to spring. Good luck!

Thanks for all the responses haha. They told us late March/sometime in April, but I was curious to see if they tended to be quick or slow. Preparing myself for a super long wait lol.

your boy Lane has 6 II and no A

He dont want no harvard. he dont want no columbia. he just wants to get off the UVM DD status and ski in the winter

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Weirdly enough I've also had 6 MD interviews and so far no MD A's. Two DO A's, but MD schools just don't like me apparently lol.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Weirdly enough I've also had 6 MD interviews and so far no MD A's. Two DO A's, but MD schools just don't like me apparently lol.
Same 3 DO A’s but no live yet from my two MD II

I’d be grateful to have 6 MD interviews and a DO acceptance in hand.

Could be wrong but think everyone still on DD is moved to W at the end of April.

Could be wrong but think everyone still on DD is moved to W at the end of April.
I don't believe everyone on DD is automatically waitlisted. Last year had people go from DD to accepted

Definitely happy with the way things have gone so far! Vermont is definitely a top 3 school for me though so holding out hope!

Been DD since first release October here. Hoping for some WL movement

• Care
For those of you who sent update letters or letters of continued interest, did you email them to admissions or did you upload them to the portal?

Holy moly they can't be jumpscaring me with FAFSA emails at 9am Monday morning I can't take it. My sensitive little heart.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
I already found the house i want to live in so they need to accept me asap so it doesn’t get rented or maybe i just get it then write in my letter of intent hi i already signed a lease so accept me or else thanks for listening to my ted talk

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I wouldn't spiral lol. When did you interview?
Lol i'm jk (unless...?) I probably got my ration of student Q&A emails. Interviewed on 12/13 (the forgotten date)

Last edited:
Lol i'm jk (unless...?) I probably got my ration of student Q&A emails. Interviewed on 12/13 (the forgotten date)

Oh I mean if you've already received them I definitely wouldn't worry. I literally interviewed last week lol so this is just the first chance I've ever had to attend one.

Oh I mean if you've already received them I definitely wouldn't worry. I literally interviewed last week lol so this is just the first chance I've ever had to attend one.
I'm sooo okay not receiving them. The way they lead those emails makes my heart skip

Regarding that financial aid email… does anyone know when FAFSA is actually releasing our info to schools? I can’t seem to find a straightforward answer for the new one

Regarding that financial aid email… does anyone know when FAFSA is actually releasing our info to schools? I can’t seem to find a straightforward answer for the new one
I got an update from the department of education that they would start sending FAFSA information to schools by mid March. It was originally supposed to be January but delayed with the new changes

Okay 12/13 interviewers....ummm..... what the heck lol.......

Its been nearly 3 months since we interviewed, and no one has received an email?.... like not even DD?

There were people who interviewed in around mid January that figured out before us....

Should I call Friday this week if we haven't hear back?

Like..... did they forget our date?......

Its been nearly 3 months since we interviewed, and no one has received an email?.... like not even DD?

There were people who interviewed in around mid January that figured out before us....

i'm hoping we hear back this thursday/friday :'(

I was also thinking this, but giving it til the end of this week until reaching out

I got an update from the department of education that they would start sending FAFSA information to schools by mid March. It was originally supposed to be January but delayed with the new changes
I've had adcoms at two schools I was interviewed or accepted at now say that they think it is likely that FAFSA release will be delayed again. They were pretty wishy washy about whether they will even be able to get fin aid packages out by the PTE deadline, which is terrifying. I was assured by both that the fin aid department already has a plan in place to work substantial overtime to try and make it happen, but they can't make any promises.

• Sad
I talked to someone I know who has been admitted to another MD school, and she said that her premed advisor told her that the strikedown of affirmative action had upended a lot of the adcoms processes this year. I don't know how true that is, it seems Vermont took equally as long last year.

• Wow
I was also thinking this, but giving it til the end of this week until reaching out
I reached out asking a question about FAFSA and also asked about my app, and admissions said the committee had already reviewed my application and that I would hear back in march or early april. So I think 12/13 will be in the next wave

I reached out asking a question about FAFSA and also asked about my app, and admissions said the committee had already reviewed my application and that I would hear back in march or early april. So I think 12/13 will be in the next wave
Why would they wait potentially until April when they already know our decisions?!? 😭😭😭I just want to get in somewhere

• Care