2023-2024 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DD +1. šŸ˜¢

Members don't see this ad.

based on last years thread i think a lot of DDā€™s donā€™t hear until after april 30
Well thatā€™s comforting as a serrated knife to the kidneys. The wait goes on lol. Stay strong fam

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 12/13 and still havenā€™t heard anything ..

Reactions: 1 user
Well thatā€™s comforting as a serrated knife to the kidneys. The wait goes on lol. Stay strong fam
1708635534144.jpeg

Members don't see this ad :)
They just followed me on Instagramā€¦ good sign?

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
For those who sent in letters of interest/intent, did you just upload to the portal or did you email admissions?

Congrats!! Did you send an update letter? Complete date?
No update letter. Complete 12/14 (super last minute decision to apply haha). Only 1 interview date available (3/1).

• Wow
Good luck 2/23 interviewees! Hope your interviews are going well this afternoon.

Wow a Wednesday Thursday and Friday wave of stuff. They must be burning the midnight oil

• Haha
Reposting this in case anyone has any insight
When I emailed about the decision timeline they said the decision would be accepted or delayed decision. So I don't think they even start waitlisting until interviews are over. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Reposting this in case anyone has any insight
I could be wrong, but I believe it's A or DD, and when the cycle starts wrapping up, and interviews are done, then DD turns into A WL or R (or a ghost?)

Just withdrew my A from here, these are genuinely some of the nicest people I've ever met. Good luck to you guys.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Hi I'm new here and just panicking about this stupid process.

I'm confused about how DD works because it seems that there are no postII Rs but the email says this means you are either "waitlisted or accepted"? So does that mean that they just aren't rejecting people at all after IIs? That seems like a crazy thing to do lol

I was put on DD in late Jan and have been losing hope. Has anyone this cycle heard back from DD? Even to be put on WL?

Hi I'm new here and just panicking about this stupid process.

I'm confused about how DD works because it seems that there are no postII Rs but the email says this means you are either "waitlisted or accepted"? So does that mean that they just aren't rejecting people at all after IIs? That seems like a crazy thing to do lol

I was put on DD in late Jan and have been losing hope. Has anyone this cycle heard back from DD? Even to be put on WL?

They don't officially WL or R people til they've done a review of all interviewees from my understanding. So I imagine your position becomes more clear around April-May.

They don't officially WL or R people til they've done a review of all interviewees from my understanding. So I imagine your position becomes more clear around April-May.
So people who have not been put on DD but who have not heard back, will get Rā€™s?

the website suggests DD cannot go to R. Maybe previous forums indicate otherwise. "Candidates in the DD status will be presented to the committee in subsequent meetings until a decision, accepted or waitlisted, has been made. While this status may be disappointing in the beginning, it is a temporary status."

Any 12/13 interviewers hear back........ Like they got back to everyone but that date right? I haven't had a single email since the interview.

Any 12/13 interviewers hear back........ Like they got back to everyone but that date right? I haven't had a single email since the interview.
Nope same here, just silence. Confused because they did tell us it would be mid to late Feb so maybe next week??

Nope same here, just silence. Confused because they did tell us it would be mid to late Feb so maybe next week??
Maybe! Hopefully here is not ur only choice bc if it was for me, id be ****ing bricks. Stay strong 12/13 ghostees.

Are they looking for a whole essay in the campus selection section of AMP, or just a short blurb about why I prefer a particular campus? I feel like I remember them saying it won't play a role in general admissions, just in consideration of which campus to place me at. But I don't want to ruin my chances at the school by submitting a 3 sentence blurb lol.

Are they looking for a whole essay in the campus selection section of AMP, or just a short blurb about why I prefer a particular campus? I feel like I remember them saying it won't play a role in general admissions, just in consideration of which campus to place me at. But I don't want to ruin my chances at the school by submitting a 3 sentence blurb lol.
It has no bearing on admissions, itā€™s truly your preference. I wrote 3-4 sentences and got an A to my preferred campus!

Bruh, I just used chat gpt to give me a brief paragraph and didnā€™t sweat too much

• Haha

in like 2 sentences said i want VT cuz i like to play outside

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
in like 2 sentences said i want VT cuz i like to play outside

LOL that is basically what I went with too. I decided to just talk about how I'm a tree hugger because I grew up in the mountains.

Anyone have any insight into how great the CT Campus is for research? I prefer the more urban environment of CT, but I also donā€™t want to miss out on research in case I go for a more competitive specialty