2023-2024 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
USF SELECT accepted applicant here. Does anybody have any idea what the deadline is to accept the offer? I received the acceptance packer in the mail on Saturday but it doesn’t seem clear from the packet. Furthermore, is there a deposit?

Members don't see this ad.

USF SELECT accepted applicant here. Does anybody have any idea what the deadline is to accept the offer? I received the acceptance packer in the mail on Saturday but it doesn’t seem clear from the packet. Furthermore, is there a deposit?
I don’t think they put a deadline on the acceptance packet - they just said to return everything as soon as possible. There is no deposit (I’m pretty sure one of the forms explicitly says this, but double check in case) :)

I don’t think they put a deadline on the acceptance packet - they just said to return everything as soon as possible. There is no deposit (I’m pretty sure one of the forms explicitly says this, but double check in case) :)
So am I expected to just accept the offer without knowing about the other schools that I applied to?

Members don't see this ad :)
So am I expected to just accept the offer without knowing about the other schools that I applied to?
You are allowed to keep interviewing or waiting for news from other schools until April. You can even accept more than one offer for now, or if you already hold an offer you prefer you can turn down new offers. It’s up to you. Most people accept their first offer & wait to see what else happens

Reactions: 1 users
So I'm freaking out just a little... I got the A call on 11/15 (or at least I really thought I did), but I still haven't received the actual letter yet in the mail. How long did it take y'all to get the letter from interview/call? I logged on to the applicant portal, but it does not seem to be updated with the acceptance stuff. Would just like some visual/written confirmation that I did indeed get accepted and didn't just hallucinate the whole thing lol... should I contact the admissions office to ask them to resend the letter?
I think it’s based on location. My letter was seemingly sent out on the 21st even though I got the call on 11/17.

I think it’s based on location. My letter was seemingly sent out on the 21st even though I got the call on 11/17.
I’m not sure about that because my location is very close to Tampa….but it looks like some Select students got their A letter and Core students are still waiting so maybe they are sending them out separately.

When do we get notified of the presentations? I interviewed two weeks ago and so far the only post-interview email I’ve received said that the presentation dates and times would be “forthcoming.”

Speak of the devil I got the email this morning! But also I got invited to both CORE and SELECT presentations so should I just go to select since that’s the only one I’ve interviewed for?

Last edited:
  • Wow
OOS II this morning! so excited

CORE, completed mid July

LM 78.5

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Shoutout to "TRAVIS SCOTT BENTLEY" in the info session today lmao

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone accepted hear anything about accepted students day, financial aid, etc? I've heard nothing since the acknowledgement and i feel weird about it lol

“Our next question is for Travis Scott”🤣🤣🤣
Made my day

does anyone know if there is an admitted students/second look day at USF?

II Core. Complete mid-July.

Could anyone share what time their interview(s) for USF were? They said that we will find out at some point, but I would love to have a *potential* idea because I'm going to have a difficult time getting off from work.

II Core. Complete mid-July.

Could anyone share what time their interview(s) for USF were? They said that we will find out at some point, but I would love to have a *potential* idea because I'm going to have a difficult time getting off from work.
I initially had two but one cancelled, mine is at 11am pst.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone here who got in submit an update after their interview and if so where?
As per the post-II email,
"The Medical Student Selection Committee (MSSC) meets regularly to discuss MD interviews. At this time, we will no longer accept application updates unless specifically requested by the interviewer at the time of the interview." It seems like they don't want any updates this year, since their website says that you can submit updates after an interview.

Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with admissions? I’m worried they sent my letter to an old preferred address.

Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with admissions? I’m worried they sent my letter to an old preferred address.
Lol.. leading up to my interview they asked me to confirm something, and no one responded to my email. I emailed 3 times leading up to try to confirm my interview & no one responded (this was like 1.5 weeks to few days before).

I ended up just showing up to my interview at the right time and my interviewers were there soo..

It took them 1.5 weeks to confirm they received my acceptance.

Hello, I am interviewing soon for the SELECT program and both my interviewers are from the LeHigh Valley Campus and neither are from Tampa. Have any of you guys had both of your interviewers be from Pennsylvania? Also, did your interviewers from Pennsylvania ask you Why USF because it seems like a strange question if they are not actually at USF. Thank you!
I had one interviewer from LVHN and one was a SELECT M2. Truthfully, it didn't make a difference where they were from bc the questions were prewritten by the school and had nothing to do with the school itself (i.e. no 'Why USF?'). They did ask their own follow-up questions but none of them were really related to USF or LVHN, they were more so just like "how did you go about accomplishing X?" or "how did that situation affect you?"

Was it the questions on the USF MEDICAL SCHOOL INTERVIEW HANDOUT sheet online? I found it online and was wondering why they had something like that on their website.
No -- they asked me three "tell me about a time..." questions. Based on my answers, they asked follow up questions to allow me to expand on my experiences.

Did they only ask you three questions? Like they gave you tell me about yourself, why medicine, and just those three?
Just three plus the follow ups. They did not ask me the 'tell me about yourself' or 'why medicine' questions.

Do you have any acceptances? If not, take the reminder as an opportunity and write it
A few but they're DO (would be really happy overall at one of them and already deposited), but I recently had a conversation with an attending that convinced me to give a extra push for MD. I have 2 MD II's that I'm waiting on decisions for. Still waiting to hear back from 26 other schools as well for any post-secondary info. It seems to me that USF is very big on being high-stat (their secondary even asks to explain any grade lower than a B) and I am unsure if this is a cash-grab move or if they are actually interested in me based off my primary.

How’s the first year going for you? Anything you’re extra happy/dissatisfied about?

Happy about the culture and social scene. USF students are very friendly and my classmates are always collaborating to learn together. It's a great dynamic.

Dissatisfied about the 1) attendance policies (so many mandatories), 2) SELECT is objectively not a well-executed program and a huge demand on our schedule, and 3) the amount of in-house content we have to know for our exams that are not testable on STEP 1.

How are the graded pre clinicals? How much of a difficulty does this create?

Graded preclinicals are kind of brutal ngl. People work really hard to learn nitty-gritty details to get Honors (91%), but I doubt that all of this extra effort actually helps your conceptual understanding for STEP 1. It is not hard to pass (75%) but the effort required to get Honors is probably 3x~4x the effort needed to pass. If you include the amount of time spent in lecture, I'm studying about 10~12 hours a day, and during exams it can go up to 14~16 hours a day.

• Wow
Interviewed mid-November, is it reasonable to expect a decision in the next week or so?

Interviewed mid-November, is it reasonable to expect a decision in the next week or so?

I’m thinking maybe the 15th/18th? Don’t know if they call over the weekend but we’ll see :0

• Hmm
Has anyone emailed their acceptance letter and did they acknowledge receiving it after you emailed it?

Wishing the besties luck today! May we get called

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
To the people admitted last month, what time were you called? The waiting is killing me lol.
There didn't seem to be a specific time looking at when people posted, couple months ago was at like 9am EST, last month was 1pm to 3pm EST. I'm not sure they're really adhering to a schedule lol

Hopefully someone got a call :/ It seems I have a waitlist pending for me, USPS informed me.

Hopefully someone got a call :/ It seems I have a waitlist pending for me, USPS informed me.
Hoping for some good news today. I can't even access my post box right now so if I get the waitlist letter I am oblivious.