2023-2024 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully someone got a call :/ It seems I have a waitlist pending for me, USPS informed me.

Don’t they send acceptances in the mail as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlist letters come before acceptance letters in the mail

Interviewed 11/27 for SELECT. Does anyone know when the late November II can expect to hear news. Would ideally like to know by the new year...

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/27 for SELECT. Does anyone know when the late November II can expect to hear news. Would ideally like to know by the new year...

I think sometime this week is a reasonable time line, but who knows for sure. I thought they usually called around the middle of the month but maybe this month is a bit late from thanksgiving.

I think sometime this week is a reasonable time line, but who knows for sure. I thought they usually called around the middle of the month but maybe this month is a bit late from thanksgiving.
Well. I guess now is the middle of the month lol. Thanks for the reply

I don't understand why they don't just send emails

Reactions: 6 users
I don't understand why they don't just send emails
Its actually comical. "Oh you're anxiously waiting? We're gonna send you updates via the service colloquially known as "snail mail"!"

Reactions: 3 users
They say the information sessions are not mandatory but will it hurt not to attend? Don't know if I can miss work that day...

Members don't see this ad :)
no way no one on SDN got accepted this month right :0

• Hmm
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Great for Jeff but what will happen to usf-lvhn partnership?

Is it possible that all of us got waitlisted but only the IS people have gotten the mail yet? Historically it seems that they always call on the 15th. I’m OOS CORE and no news yet

• Hmm
Is it possible that all of us got waitlisted but only the IS people have gotten the mail yet? Historically it seems that they always call on the 15th. I’m OOS CORE and no news yet
I think it's historically always been around the 15th but has not always been on the 15th exactly. Since they don't do portal updates, it could legitimately be that whoever gives calls is out sick or decisions are just delayed due to the holidays

Reactions: 1 users
OOS Core Waitlist received in the mail yesterday, interviewed late November-early December

• Care
Great for Jeff but what will happen to usf-lvhn partnership?
I suspect the class of 2028 will be the last USF-LVHN SELECT cohort to participate in this program. Jefferson will then likely have LVHN as a rotation site for their own students.

If we are waitlisted, will we receive an email notification at some point? Or would that only come if we were accepted off the waitlist or later rejected?

I suspect the class of 2028 will be the last USF-LVHN SELECT cohort to participate in this program. Jefferson will then likely have LVHN as a rotation site for their own students.
I think we'll just have to wait and see. SELECT was actually proposed to USF by LVHN, not the other way around. They pitched the program to several programs in the northeast who turned it down and they ended up bringing it to USF because, as it was described to me, the CEO of LVHN and the dean of USF are old pals. So I think LVHN may look to preserve the program if possible

OOS Core Waitlist received in the mail yesterday, interviewed late November-early December
Sorry to hear that but thank you for the update!

If you’re comfortable with sharing, do you happen to be from a Florida adjacent state… namely the one right above Florida

If we haven’t been called by now, can we assume we didn’t get in?
Nobody has reported an acceptance on here or cycletrack since Nov 17. I don't think they've made calls yet for this round

Reactions: 5 users
They’re driving me insane I’ve been hoping since the 15th

Reactions: 6 users
OOS CORE WL in the mail today. It was dated 12/13 :')

Last edited:
  • Care
OOS CORE WL in the mail today. It was dated 12/13 :')

If you don’t mind answering, what region do you live in? West coast/east coast/midwest/mountain etc

I’ve heard nothing since I applied in July. Does anyone know if they’re sending out any more interview invites

Interviewed SELECT on 11/3 and have not heard anything. Have others from this interview group already heard?

I interviewed first week of Dec for CORE and have heard nothing / received no mail

Kind of going insane with the lack of response tell me why they always released decisions on the 15th until this year

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I’m guessing it has to do with the LVHN Jefferson merger. Maybe SELECT is ending and all the previously accepted SELECT students are going to be offered CORE seats instead?
Could also be that they just missed the 15th this month and have had time off because of the holidays

Reactions: 2 users
I’m guessing it has to do with the LVHN Jefferson merger. Maybe SELECT is ending and all the previously accepted SELECT students are going to be offered CORE seats instead?

Do you think this incoming class will be much smaller? No SELECT would mean all of their students will have to do clinical rotations at their Florida location and idk how much capacity they can handle if they merge those two groups

Do you think this incoming class will be much smaller? No SELECT would mean all of their students will have to do clinical rotations at their Florida location and idk how much capacity they can handle if they merge those two groups
I think you're stressing over baseless speculation.

Drink some tea and relax. The beautiful thing about this process is it's completely out of your control.

Very unlikely. This was a multi-billion dollar deal. Probably took months to negotiate and the admissions committee would have known this before select interviews were even sent out.

Does anyone know how formal the info sessions are? I’m wondering if I can attend from work or if I need to ask for the day off (which I’m trying to avoid!).

Does anyone know how formal the info sessions are? I’m wondering if I can attend from work or if I need to ask for the day off (which I’m trying to avoid!).

I don’t think it was too formal - my session didn’t have a lot of people with videos on so I was lowkey in my pjs

Reactions: 1 users
So speculation was right, SELECT is done as they just called the accepted select students and let them into core. Not sure what this means going forward w admissions process

• Wow