2023-2024 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Pre-II R, complete 7/8. Ouch, one of my favorite schools but wasn’t in the cards. Trusting the process

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R OOS - submitted 7/8/23 LM 81, ORM. Only 350~ volunteer hours, oh well

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R today, anyway U Chicago location is not my first choice

Reactions: 1 user
Complete 7/13 and still haven’t heard anything … but MCAT 508 and GPA 3.77 so idk if maybe stats are holding me in limbo

Seeing all these people getting pre-II Rs with amazing stats (and presumably decent service hours) makes me wonder what UChicago is truly looking for

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
I know today is the first day of interviews, so I would be curious to hear how it went for those who interviewed!

My bad, I thought this week was the first. If you interviewed last week, how’d it go for you?
It was fine. I'm not sure how much specifics I can disclose but all I'll say is have a very strong idea of why you want to go there and why you want to pursue your clinical training in their environment

Reactions: 3 users
It was fine. I'm not sure how much specifics I can disclose but all I'll say is have a very strong idea of why you want to go there and why you want to pursue your clinical training in their environment
yea definitely agree with this lol. im sure you did well though.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
yea definitely agree with this lol. im sure you did well though.

Definitely don't want to know the specifics, more so if you thought it was a chill vibe especially because of their interview format. I will keep this in mind, thank you guys! I have faith that you both did a fantastic job in your interviews!

Definitely don't want to know the specifics, more so if you thought it was a chill vibe especially because of their interview format. I will keep this in mind, thank you guys! I have faith that you both did a fantastic job in your interviews!
It is very chill, especially the admin and student interviews. I actually felt like I was TOO loose at times but that was the vibe my interviewers were going with. faculty interview for me was a bit more formal, but still very relaxed overall.

• Love
It is very chill, especially the admin and student interviews. I actually felt like I was TOO loose at times but that was the vibe my interviewers were going with. faculty interview for me was a bit more formal, but still very relaxed overall.
Yea pretty much almost exactly like toasted. The admin interview was very chill and conversational. The faculty one was more formal and kind of traditional interview-esque. Student interview was kind of a mix for me. Not super conversational but somewhat chill. Had lots of time for questions on all of them so do come prepared lol or else you'll be sitting there kind of awkwardly! Also definitely don't horse around for the diversity info session, it seemed like they were low-key judging us.

• Love
Has anyone received a zoom link for the Pritzker preview event tonight?

Pre-II R, LM 78, complete 7/12. Super bummed this was my #1

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone complete before 7/10 not hear anything yet?

Pre-II R :/ complete 7/12
Not a ton of service on my app, so I'm not super surprised, but I am disappointed

• Care
pre-II R, LM 80.5, complete 7/5
really sad about this one, i've been to the campus recently and been dreaming of studying there

• Care
Anyone complete before 7/10 not hear anything yet?
Complete 7/5 no II not R yet. Just thankful it seems I’m still under consideration and they may revisit my app.

• Care