2023-2024 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Edited

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Okay I know I'm being stupid / irrational / neurotic here, but I could use some reassurance here lol. Got the R from Chicago today, no II up to this point, LM 82. A bunch of schools I've applied to have already sent out II and I haven't got one yet (I know it's early I'm just being irrational) and now I'm concerned... okay here comes the extra irrational part I'm scared that I won't get in and that all the time I spent preparing my app will be for nothing and I'll have to reapply... can someone tell me I'm being stupid? Thanks 😭🙂
we just got into august my guy
still so many chances left in front of you! Keep your head up champ

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Okay I know I'm being stupid / irrational / neurotic here, but I could use some reassurance here lol. Got the R from Chicago today, no II up to this point, LM 82. A bunch of schools I've applied to have already sent out II and I haven't got one yet (I know it's early I'm just being irrational) and now I'm concerned... okay here comes the extra irrational part I'm scared that I won't get in and that all the time I spent preparing my app will be for nothing and I'll have to reapply... can someone tell me I'm being stupid? Thanks 😭🙂
I felt like this up until I got my first interview (maybe that's not what you want to hear but I empathize with you)! This process is so opaque, mentally demanding, and long - it is normal to have 'irrational' thoughts because no one is guaranteed anything and it's a crazy process to go through. Statistically, you have an 84% chance of getting into at least one medical school which is good chances! I'm sorry to hear about your R today, I know the A is coming in your future!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This whole process is a complete crapshoot, especially at top schools. Give it some more time, I'd genuinely be shocked if you didn't get a few II from top schools. The statistic I heard was ~50% of applicants with an MCAT >520 end up at one of 12 schools, and definitely with your MCAT the chance you end up at a very strong program is very high. Trust the process!

• Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you kind SDN people you made me feel a lot better 😇 wishing you all A's in your future!!!

• Care
When were people with Rs complete? Am I a "let him marinate" guy if no R or II?

Reactions: 1 user
I felt like this up until I got my first interview (maybe that's not what you want to hear but I empathize with you)! This process is so opaque, mentally demanding, and long - it is normal to have 'irrational' thoughts because no one is guaranteed anything and it's a crazy process to go through. Statistically, you have an 84% chance of getting into at least one medical school which is good chances! I'm sorry to hear about your R today, I know the A is coming in your future!
Probably even higher since ~80% is for applicants with a 3.8+/518+, and with a LM of 82 your chances are probably better than that!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
This whole process is a complete crapshoot, especially at top schools. Give it some more time, I'd genuinely be shocked if you didn't get a few II from top schools. The statistic I heard was ~50% of applicants with an MCAT >520 end up at one of 12 schools, and definitely with your MCAT the chance you end up at a very strong program is very high. Trust the process!
Do you have a source for that stat? I'd be interested to see which schools

Do you have a source for that stat? I'd be interested to see which schools
It was on an old thread here on SDN, although I can't seem to find it now. Basically, it looked at MSAR data percentiles and estimates for the number of applicants with certain MCAT scores and concluded that 1/2 of all the applicant pool with 520+ ended up attending one of 12 schools. I'll edit this comment if/when I find the link!

EDIT: How many "high stat" applicants didn't get into T20's?
(estimate in thread) @NotADoctor1

However, this data appears a little outdated. A quick scan of MSAR shows that there are 14 schools that have MCAT averages of 520 or over now, and between those 14 schools there is a total enrollment of approximately 1,716 students. Out of these 1716 students, it is suggested over 1,000 of them scored 520 or higher. I'm not sure about the # of students applying with a 520 or higher per cycle, but you can see where the % would come from.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It was on an old thread here on SDN, although I can't seem to find it now. Basically, it looked at MSAR data percentiles and estimates for the number of applicants with certain MCAT scores and concluded that 1/2 of all the applicant pool with 520+ ended up attending one of 12 schools. I'll edit this comment if/when I find the link!

EDIT: How many "high stat" applicants didn't get into T20's?
(estimate in thread) @NotADoctor1

However, this data appears a little outdated. A quick scan of MSAR shows that there are 14 schools that have MCAT averages of 520 or over now, and between those 14 schools there is a total enrollment of approximately 1,716 students. Out of these 1716 students, it is suggested over 1,000 of them scored 520 or higher. I'm not sure about the # of students applying with a 520 or higher per cycle, but you can see where the % would come from.
Interesting, thanks!

Don't wanna jinx it, but looks like R wave is over today? I'm gonna very sad if I made it through only to get an R tomorrow or something

Thank you kind SDN people you made me feel a lot better 😇 wishing you all A's in your future!!!
Even the rock stars who get into multiple t10s have had a ton of pre-II R's. You know you are gonna make a great doctor, and how the screeners at one school felt about your app is not representative of anything you are capable of and have accomplished up until this point.

• Care
when was everyone who got II/R complete? are they still only on the first few days of submissions (~7/8?)
I was complete on 7/11 and got the II yesterday, so maybe farther along than you think

• Wow
waiting for that R as a 7/12 completer like:

Screen Shot 2023-08-03 at 4.09.50 PM.png

• Haha
Complete 8/1 so looks like I have some time before I start worrying about this school, but I'm really hoping I get an II. My secondary was legit a love letter to the school because I fw the mission so hard:xf:

Reactions: 1 users
Nice surprise bro my surprise email today was another message from northwesterns MS program

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
anybody submit on or before 7/11 and still havent heard back A or R? 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
anybody submit on or before 7/11 and still havent heard back A or R? 🥲
+1 complete 7/5, just thankful that it seems they liked me enough to deem my app worthy of revisiting

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Received an II OOS! Complete 7/17, LM 81.7

• Love
Reactions: 6 users