2023-2024 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats y'all!! Were any of these for PRIME?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if this is for all UC schools or just SD?
I'm pretty sure this is for a lot of UC schools. Don't quote me on it, but since the PRIME programs are so small it seems their interviews are towards the end..

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty sure this is for a lot of UC schools. Don't quote me on it, but since the PRIME programs are so small it seems their interviews are towards the end..
I appreciate the insight regardless! 🫶

Not exactly sure how it works but when I got my interview invite, it said “PRIME interview invite.” During my interview day, we all interviewed together. I think the only difference is that PRIME lets us know if we got in or not sometime in March

Reactions: 3 users
Yall I went back to my UCSD secondary and 💀 for the literal DUMBEST part of the app, like the 100 character describe why this focus area part, I wrote nothing like a clown. Pretty sure that killed my app haha. Good luck to the rest of yall. ♥️

Reactions: 2 users
Yall I went back to my UCSD secondary and 💀 for the literal DUMBEST part of the app, like the 100 character describe why this focus area part, I wrote nothing like a clown. Pretty sure that killed my app haha. Good luck to the rest of yall. ♥️
Bruh with your ucla and ucsf iis they'll probably give you an ii

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
For y'all who interviewed 12/13 and the dates around it, is tomorrow still the decision day for this date? They mentioned it on interview day but was wondering if I remembered that correctly

For people who interviewed and were told that they would hear back by X date, have yall actually been getting responses by that date? Or have things been delayed?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
For people who interviewed and were told that they would hear back by X date, have yall actually been getting responses by that date? Or have things been delayed?
Back in November they delayed some interview groups from 11/3 to 11/10. I also heard back around 1:30 PM EST on 11/10.

Mine was accurate. I interviewed 12/7 and got the A on 01/12 at 1:30 PST

It looks like from last year's thread, the request for continued interest letters was sent out on April 26th.

And according to post #1017 on last year's thread, 30-35/300 people on WL were ultimately accepted

Last edited:
Has anybody put on Pre II Hold in Oct 2023 got a II? Just wondering if there is a chance for people who are on Pre II Hold to even get an interview or assume it is a soft R?

Pre-II holds are re-reviewed in early February, just like the email they sent you should say. I got an II off the hold last cycle (put on hold in mid-Sept), but it seems pretty uncommon.

• Wow
Kinda knew we were interviewing for a waitlist, but still disappointing

Does UCSD not send post-ii Rs? So everyone that doesn't get an A gets WL. And it seems like everyone that interviewed in mid-december got WL?

• Care
We were either interviewing for waitlist, or we got the waitlist email and the A email hasn't gone out yet to those people.
Does UCSD not send post-ii Rs? So everyone that doesn't get an A gets WL. And it seems like everyone that interviewed in mid-december got WL?

Has anyone had a Prime interview yet and can PM me or can clarify if the interview is different from the regular MD interview?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is movement off the Interview waitlist. It seems like it is a soft R, and I was placed on it last year. sorry if this was already discussed.

I heard Brian say during recent interview day that they historically accept about 10-15% students off the waitlist, but it’s hard to say. I was down bad and stalked a lot of old threads—seems to vary year by year (iirc one year had like ~2 people reporting getting off WL rip).
IIRC it's ~30-35 off the post-II waitlist out of about 300 so pretty much yeah. If this person is talking about pre-II hold though I think someone here said they got off it last year but overall it's pretty rare.