2023-2024 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
A hold is generally perceived to be a soft R. So in this case, no news is definitely good news! It means they're still considering you :)
I just wish they would let us know because all I keep falling back on is that they're waiting to give me a big, fat R 😭

Reactions: 4 users
I have not gotten a hold or rejection or invite. Did they lose my app? 😭
It had a 8000 character secondary essay, and it was probably about your whole life and every experience you've ever had.
It's good that they are taking their time and reading them word for word.

Reactions: 2 users
+1 hold, heard it's essentially a soft-R :( so sad about this one. complete mid-aug OOS

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know if they review the holds chronologically? I was put on hold multiple months ago and am hoping and praying they consider me for an II in feb

+1 pre-II hold. Complete 8/27 Hoping for an interview still but I know the chances are so slim. Good luck everyone!

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
If we didn’t get the hold email, does that mean the R is incoming?

+1 pre-II hold just now. Complete 8/9, IS. top choice :cryi:

Reactions: 2 users
Could we write a letter of interest if we are placed on hold?

IS Interview Hold Status received today - complete 8/21

Reactions: 1 user
Hold for me. UCSD was pretty much my last California hope.

I don't get why California schools hate me, but Ivy League schools sure seem to like me. Oh wells

• Okay...
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Weird, I was expecting to be part of the next hold wave because I was complete 8/11 and haven't heard anything, but still got nothing :unsure:

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if GHAC interview invites are given to all GHAC applicants who got accepted or has there already been a round of selection?

Sorry if this was already asked, but a hold at UCSD is basically an R right?