2023-2024 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received financial packages yet?

I really thought they were going to release decisions today based off trends from the past three years but nothing

I really thought they were going to release decisions today based off trends from the past three years but nothing
Its literally about to be admissions off the waitlist time and I haven't even heard back from my interview months ago lol

I'm pretty sure that decisions of those recently interviewed will be released tomorrow or at the latest, by Wednesday.

Last edited:
WL just not from 2/22 interview. Thats my 7th WL this cycle. Apparently, I have the interview skills of a slightly damp blanket.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
WL just not from 2/22 interview. Thats my 7th WL this cycle. Apparently, I have the interview skills of a slightly damp blanket.

7 WL is crazy im sorry. Hoping you get off one before school starts

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS MD-only II today after an MSTP rejection on 1/24

Last edited:
  • Wow
II in May that is nuts best of luck to you!
Haha thanks! Should clarify that I ended up committing to the UT Southwestern MSTP, so I'll be withdrawing my interview invite. Only date available shows 5/16 on the schedule. Had no idea the cycle wasn't entirely over by now.

• Wow
OOS ļ¼ˆprevious IS)
MD-only II today after MSTP rejection. Get a chance to reject UCI II:cryi:

Last edited:
Do we know approximately how long they'll take to get back to 5/16 interviewees:unsure:

I guess this means the class isn't full yet? I don't remember seeing this from previous years' threads

Also came off the WL! My first A!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations! If it was via call, was it the same/similar number as the admissions phone number? apologies for the riveting neuroticism
yeah they called but it was unknown caller id. thought it was spam at first

For those accepted off the WL yesterday, has your request to join the FB and GroupMe been approved yet?

I would just reach out and ask them to clarify. They have very unique reqs for things to qualify. A lot of the upper div bio courses that qualify at other schools do not qualify with them. For example, an upper div lab class or an upper div behavioral biology class does not satisfy their "one upper-division biology course." For one of the people I know that got in last year, they let them just take it at a community college class after they got accepted.

Was it an upper division BIO course they let them take at a community college or was it a different subject?

For those of you that have finished your UCI interviews, was I the only that that struggled with the Kira Assessment or was it much trickier than anticipated ?

Or for those that were accepted, how did you feel post-Kira? I don't think I did as well as I hoped :cryi:

Last edited:
For those of you that have finished your UCI interviews, was I the only that that struggled with the Kira Assessment or was it much trickier than anticipated ?

Or for those that were accepted, how did you feel post-Kira? I don't think I did as well as I hoped :cryi:
I didn't think it was trickier than any other SJTs. I'm not very good at SJTs to begin with, and I felt that my performance was lackluster. But I made up for it with an excellent faculty interview IMO, then got in off the waitlist. Are your 1-on-1 interviews coming up? Just focus on knocking those out of the park. An A is still possible!

• Care
I didn't think it was trickier than any other SJTs. I'm not very good at SJTs to begin with, and I felt that my performance was lackluster. But I made up for it with an excellent faculty interview IMO, then got in off the waitlist. Are your 1-on-1 interviews coming up? Just focus on knocking those out of the park. An A is still possible!
Thank you, I needed to hear that :) 1-on-1s are on Thursday, hoping for the best bc joining UCI would be an absolute dream come true šŸ„ŗ

RIP the facebook group has ~200 people. They are still accepting people from tomorrow's group but it seems like they've already accepted a bunch of people.

RIP the facebook group has ~200 people. They are still accepting people from tomorrow's group but it seems like they've already accepted a bunch of people.

My worry is if they are just interviewing for the waitlist for tomorrow :(

My worry is if they are just interviewing for the waitlist for tomorrow :(
Yeah I'm not sure. They've never interviewed in May as far as I know. I thought that meant there were more spots open but they usually accept around 240 people per their website so idk. Some people have left the facebook group for other schools too/rejected their acceptance at UCI which means they've already accepted 200+ applicants.