2023-2024 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was there a big pre-II R wave(s) for UCI at any point? It has been a long cycle and I would like to see if waiting around as a CA IS applicant would be of any fruitful endeavor.

Pretty tired of these long waits for decisions. It's so deep into the cycle I would really like to make some decisions for my future lmao

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty tired of these long waits for decisions. It's so deep into the cycle I would really like to make some decisions for my future lmao
Bro I feel this so much. Iā€™m going crazy not being able to plan my life at all ā€” do I need to prepare to reapply, should I find a new apartment in the city, should I look for another job ??? Iā€™m so frustrated with this state of complete limbo

Reactions: 3 users
A call a minute ago. My first A of the cycle. Currently in disbelief. Interviewed 12/04

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
A call just now, interviewed in December

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
So happy for all the December and January interviewees getting As! Hopefully this means February interviewees will hear back soon? šŸ‘‰šŸ‘ˆ
Iā€™m so nervous

Reactions: 1 user
IS A! Got the call a couple of minutes ago :) Interviewed 1/18

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how UCI financial aid works? Do they have scholarships/grants?

IS A earlier this afternoon! Interviewed 1/8. Does anyone know if there is a Second Look Day and when it is?

Does anyone know when second look is? Just got the A yesterday, but I read in a previous post that UCI is only hosting a virtual second look/med admit day in April. I was looking forward to seeing it in person :\

Update- I emailed admissions- "Thank you for your email. We unfortunately do not have any Med Admit Days in person. However, we have one coming up virtually on April 22nd." :(

• Sad
Has anyone else been ghosted since submitting secondaries (last August for me)? :rofl:

Reactions: 3 users
Bro I feel this so much. Iā€™m going crazy not being able to plan my life at all ā€” do I need to prepare to reapply, should I find a new apartment in the city, should I look for another job ??? Iā€™m so frustrated with this state of complete limbo
I feel this as well. Wish they provided some more clarification/updates after telling us 3-4 weeks.

Does anyone know how UCI financial aid works? Do they have scholarships/grants?
Just got an email with an application to apply for one. Seems generic so idk how many (if not all) they send it out to

Just got an email with an application to apply for one. Seems generic so idk how many (if not all) they send it out to
I got that too. Hopefully they have a quick turn around time bc ppl are gonna start narrowing their lists soon

If you email their financial aid office, they'll send you another application - the UCI Institutional application. I believe this one will be used for need-based scholarships since it asks for family info.

If you email their financial aid office, they'll send you another application - the UCI Institutional application. I believe this one will be used for need-based scholarships since it asks for family info.
what specifically should I ask for? and how is this different from just having submitted my fafsa.

any ideas when late Feb interviewees should expect to hear back? Iā€™m going crazy

Honestly at this point I may as well be waitlisted lmao

Hi. To those accepted, where do we send our transcripts/immunization stuff to? Not really seeing any info on emails or the portal. thanks

I almost dare not ask ā€¦ but could decisions be released for Feb interviewees today?? Since they are releasing other decisions?

I gave them a call to ask for an update and left a voicemail. They called me back two days later (today) and said "we ask you to remain patient as we are unable to give you an update on your application"

Bruh. You've effectively waitlisted me without even telling me lmaoo.

I gave them a call to ask for an update and left a voicemail. They called me back two days later (today) and said "we ask you to remain patient as we are unable to give you an update on your application"

Bruh. You've effectively waitlisted me without even telling me lmaoo.
Thank you for calling. I was considering calling as well but now that I know they will be giving us a non-answer, I wonā€™t waste my breath. Ughughughh

A calls on Sundays?! Anyone hear anything today? Do we think that was it for Feb interviewees? šŸ˜“

• Sad
Was there a big pre-II R wave(s) for UCI at any point? It has been a long cycle and I would like to see if waiting around as a CA IS applicant would be of any fruitful endeavor.
IDK if anyone responded to you already but 4/8/24 was the last interview date. They're done for the cycle

does UCI make us wait this long for a decision because theyā€™re trying to see if the students they already accepted will keep their seats? so weā€™re technically on some sort of waitlist? sad to be strung along for so long, especially at this point in the application cycle

does UCI make us wait this long for a decision because theyā€™re trying to see if the students they already accepted will keep their seats? so weā€™re technically on some sort of waitlist? sad to be strung along for so long, especially at this point in the application cycle
Yeah I think its a WL without officially being waitlisted lol

Yeah I think its a WL without officially being waitlisted lol

They said they still have a couple of spots left when I interviewed 4/8. Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re looking at the interviewees from the last couple of months to determine how to round out the class.
What a couple spots means though idk. I do know itā€™s harder to get in if you interview later in the cycle because you have to really stand out for them to want to offer you one of the final seats. I watched their admissions committee videos on YouTube and one of the staff said something like that

Post-Interview (4/2) R received last night. Good luck to those still waiting to hear!

• Care