2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
7 bars but no dropdown unfortunately

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed 4/4 and it just moved to 7 bars today... two dropdowns :nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any hope for an II at this point?
From what I recall from last cycle, there did seem to be some IIs sent out around this time. However, as we are in the later phase of the application cycle, they may send less of them depending on how full the class is at this time. All in all, there is still a chance to get one

Are the most recent/upcoming interviews here virtual or in-person?

Anyone know anything I’ve been waiting since August and still haven’t received an interview or nothing really at all. I upload a letter of interest and any updates ive done since i submitted my app but still nothing. Can someone help me out why?

Can anyone explain- if the turquious blue is on the 7th box, does that mean im at the 7th bar or when it turns dark blue with an arrow does that mean I am on the 7th? I am confused.

Can anyone explain- if the turquious blue is on the 7th box, does that mean im at the 7th bar or when it turns dark blue with an arrow does that mean I am on the 7th? I am confused.
It would be filled from rounded edge to rounded edge- this was mine 24 hours before I got my decision.

1714303079917.png

Members don't see this ad :)
1714328072933.png

I am still stuck on 4 bars

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
For those of you who reached 7 bars on a Friday, did you hear back the following Monday?

Yeah I heard back the Monday after. My phone wasn’t working so idk if they called But I didn’t get an email, I just checked and found my letter on my portal.

Accepted!! interviewed 4/2. ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED, this is my top choice im so excited. Goodluck to everyone this cycle!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to everyone getting good news today!!

ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed 4/4. I am SO thrilled and will 100% be going here this fall. Good luck to everyone and congrats to those receiving good news!

• Love
Accepted today too! Interviewed 4/10. I did not think it was possible! Good luck to everyone else waiting on a decision

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed 4/4. I am SO thrilled and will 100% be going here this fall. Good luck to everyone and congrats to those receiving good news!
+1. Accepted as well interview 4/9. I got a missed call from the office of Admissions at 11:51 followed by an email to check my portal. I applied in July and didn’t hear anything until the end of March. I hope you all get the good news soon!!

• Love
Do we think it’s a bad sign that I interviewed 4/2 and didn’t hear anything from this round of decisions? Definitely my top choice so still crossing my fingers!

Everyone getting accepted today and here I am with four bars 🤡

• Care
Just withdrew my OS A. Hope one of you gets it!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got of wl also
FYI i called the admissions office to clarify the deposit due date and they told me there was an error in their system and it should be due may 14th, not sure if it was fixed yet

Got the OOS A from the WL earlier today! Interviewed and WL in January, LM 71

Do we think it’s a bad sign that I interviewed 4/2 and didn’t hear anything from this round of decisions? Definitely my top choice so still crossing my fingers!
In the same boat, interviewed 3/26 and still at 6 bars 😕

In the same boat, interviewed 3/26 and still at 6 bars 😕
oof im sorry :( the uncertainty/constant checking is the worst! I'm trying to stay positive that people have been rejected, so for now no news isn't worst case scenario

any tips for the virtual interview here?
Personally my interview was my favorite interview by far, interviewers were super nice and it felt very conversational.
You should definitely prep yourself on having the answer for the most common questions asked in any medical school interview (e.g., Tell us about yourself? Why do you want to become a physician? Why do you want to come here? Do you have any questions for us?). Furthermore, as PCOM is a DO school, you will also need to have an answer of why you want to be a DO.

Overall, the interview is not meant to be stressful at all and is pretty much a conversation between you and the panel of interviewers that you will have
Besides the basic questions, be ready for an ethical scenario question or a question about navigating an issue. The interviewers want to know your thought process and how you would approach these questions in a logical manner. Best of luck with your interview!!
I found this to be very helpful when prepping for my interview. Good luck!