2023-2024 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II but no dates available :(What do we do if this happens?
There are plenty of dates available in May. Unless they just added it in the past hour. Click the “May” option and scroll the calendar to May.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys think the class will be full by April? I’m wondering if I’m interviewing for a spot on the waitlist.

Thanks all! I got it figured out and was able to schedule something in April!

Members don't see this ad :)
They told me the earliest dates now are in April for interviews. Are they interviewing a lot more people this year? Cause that seems really far out lol
When I got my II in early September the earliest date was in February :/ I was able to reschedule it to December checking back into the portal every day but it definitely seems weird to schedule them so far out

When I got my II in early September the earliest date was in February :/ I was able to reschedule it to December checking back into the portal every day but it definitely seems weird to schedule them so far out
I'm crossing my fingers for an II and plan to do the same. I figure over time dates will open up as people get A's and decline their II at PNWU

Do you guys think the class will be full by April? I’m wondering if I’m interviewing for a spot on the waitlist.
Historically the class is filled by Feb/Mar, but with shuffling and A deadlines the class goes pretty deep into the waitlist. Admissions will have info on how many they numerically rank, if you get a number you're highly likely to receive an A. Previously, they would tell you your # after a decision is made.
Students in the past have been accepted up until the end of orientation, usually sometime in Aug.

Has anyone who interviewed 10/09 heard back yet? I thought we would hear back on 10/23 :(

Just finished up my interview! I feel like it went well. Low-stress and conversational.

Reactions: 1 users
They emailed that they had 2 interviews open next week and they were gone in less than 2 minutes. Crazy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Was just able to reschedule my interview from April to a Jan date! It is possible!!

• Love
Did they email you about an available date or were you just monitoring the booking page?
They emailed saying that slots would open up, so I was checking periodically like once a day since I got the original interview invite :)

Got an email saying my app is on hold and can expect an update in late December...Anyone know what this means? Did all the interview spots fill and now they are putting the brakes on things until people decline acceptances/interviews?

Got an email saying my app is on hold and can expect an update in late December...Anyone know what this means? Did all the interview spots fill and now they are putting the brakes on things until people decline acceptances/interviews?
They may also have some deposit deadlines coming up in December, & if people who got admissions offers don't make a deposit, those seats are once again available.

Can someone confirm the interviews are online this year and in an MMI format/style?

Can someone confirm the interviews are online this year and in an MMI format/style?
"All of our interviews will be virtual this cycle. Your interview will last approximately 45 minutes with two different interviewers. We will offer a separate information session the week of your interview."

This is the only information provided in my II, sounds like a traditional interview format to me though.

Hi! I’ve interviewed. Interviews are virtual. There are 2 one-on-one interviews. Each lasts 20 minutes. One is a traditional interview where the interviewer has read your application and seen your stats. The other is MMI style and that interviewer hasn’t seen your application or stats.

Did they give you any sort of feedback abou what you did wrong?
No, they just said waitlist movement would occur at the beginning of the year. From what I understand they are very waitlist friendly- and we will get a ranking in the coming months...I haven't gotten any feedback, but I suspect it is my MCAT score.

No, they just said waitlist movement would occur at the beginning of the year. From what I understand they are very waitlist friendly- and we will get a ranking in the coming months...I haven't gotten any feedback, but I suspect it is my MCAT score.
Ah I see was your mcat bought up during the interview? Also could you tell me what your mcat score( you don’t have to). I haven’t heard back from them so I’m kinda worried.

January II Opening from me rescheduling! Go grab it quick if ya can!!

If anyone else ends up rescheduling, I would really appreciate to know so I can take an earlier interview spot, thanks :)

Just got the call with the A Interviewed 10/25!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Post II WL. Anyone know how many people they typically pull from the waitlist?

I applied to PNWU last year got a pre-II rejection. This year I got an interview invite which they were booking out into May and now June for, but by some miracle I snagged an interview on 11/16/23. I loved both of my intrlerviewers, I think it went well. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 I'm a WA native, the only thing that might prevent me from getting in is my MCAT so we'll see. Anyone else interview 11/16?

If you've gotten to the interview part, there was clearly something they liked about you. I find that once you get the interview your stats don't matter as much as your personality

Post II WL. Anyone know how many people they typically pull from the waitlist?
Varies from year to year, usually 30-60.
They'll provide a rank in the spring for those highly likely to be accepted.

Just sent the email to withdraw my interview. It will be on 12/13. If you want an earlier spot, make sure to check the calendar, they might release my spot. Good luck on your application and have a good Thanksgiving!

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my primary about 2 weeks ago. I haven't heard anything back, let alone a secondary application. When should I contact them to see if I'll be getting a secondary? Thanks!

I submitted my primary about 2 weeks ago. I haven't heard anything back, let alone a secondary application. When should I contact them to see if I'll be getting a secondary? Thanks!
If you submitted your primary this late, you should not expect an immediate response from the school.
Check your email daily and keep on improving your experiences

Just sent the email to withdraw my interview. It will be on 12/13. If you want an earlier spot, make sure to check the calendar, they might release my spot. Good luck on your application and have a good Thanksgiving!
Was anyone able to take this spot already?

If you submitted your primary this late, you should not expect an immediate response from the school.
Check your email daily and keep on improving your experiences
Thanks. I didn’t expect an immediate response, but was more curious as to how long I should wait until I inquire.

Since you submitted so late it could take a while. They are super busy with secondary app review and interviews. I bet it will take a few weeks to receive the secondary. I submitted in June and it took 3 days to get the secondary invite. I know it's hard and the least helpful statement to hear during the cycle, but be patient

Since you submitted so late it could take a while. They are super busy with secondary app review and interviews. I bet it will take a few weeks to receive the secondary. I submitted in June and it took 3 days to get the secondary invite. I know it's hard and the least helpful statement to hear during the cycle, but be patient
Thanks so much! I’ll give it another week or two.

Are you in-state or OOS? I submitted my primary on 11/5, received a secondary on 11/14. I'm in state though so I don't know if the turnaround is quicker. I agree to be patient, I would hold off on reaching out yet.