2023-2024 North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't see anything yet. I also haven't gotten anything official other than the call from my interviewer and the added residency checklist item.

I got a few logistical emails throughout the week but it took till Friday for me to get anything “official”

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Theres 151 members in the accepted FB, which includes 3 admin members. Since the class size is 220, do we think they gave out 70 acceptances this week to meet the AAMC traffic rules? Or should we be anticipating more tomorrow and friday. Crazy because looks like they've only filled 2/3 of the class from the FB.

Last year they gave the last acceptances the week of the 20th and then waitlist the following day. I’m assuming since no waitlist we’re still gonna hear back one more time and then waitlist

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a few logistical emails throughout the week but it took till Friday for me to get anything “official”
I still haven't received anything since getting my call on Tuesday, no emails or portal changes besides the residency addition.

At this point is the best hope a waitlist spot? I see that it's only 151 on Facebook but I haven't seen close to 100 people say they received an A on this thread so are the chances high they've sent the 220 A's for the class?

Reactions: 1 users
At this point is the best hope a waitlist spot? I see that it's only 151 on Facebook but I haven't seen close to 100 people say they received an A on this thread so are the chances high they've sent the 220 A's for the class?
I personally think we will see a big wave of As and WLs within the next two weeks

Yeah this is what I'm feeling

I'm tellin y'all theres gonna be a big one the last week of March lol. I definitely agree they have more to give out. Plus I don't think anyone from my date was ever accepted. So unless we all did bad, that makes me think they haven't reviewed our date yet.

The reporting bias might not be that high this year. I personally know of 6 people who got the A this cycle, two of which got the A this week. I’m still waiting for the A so I hope they have 70+ As to go, but I doubt it

The reporting bias might not be that high this year. I personally know of 6 people who got the A this cycle, two of which got the A this week. I’m still waiting for the A so I hope they have 70+ As to go, but I doubt it

When did they interview? Do yk?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year they did rejections around the same time waitlist came out so no I think we can see one more round of everything

Are we thinking next tuesday for the next round, or like last week of the month kinda deal?

Probably last week of the month since we heard some news this week. They seem pretty committed to the every other week schedule.

Just got official waitlist email post ll, interviewed 1/11. OUCH! Better than R but the wait continues

Reactions: 2 users
anyone with an A or an R? I bet they hit us all with the waitlist just to make us shut up for a bit

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
OOS waitlist received, interviewed 11/13.
Anyone know how they choose which students to pull from the waitlist since they don’t rank?? Also, any waitlist statistics from previous years? Thanks in advance.

OOS waitlist received, interviewed 11/13.
Anyone know how they choose which students to pull from the waitlist since they don’t rank?? Also, any waitlist statistics from previous years? Thanks in advance.
I’m 120% calling bluff on “we don’t rank.” They just don’t want us inundating them with emails and calls.

IS WL interview 11/13

I’m 120% calling bluff on “we don’t rank.” They just don’t want us inundating them with emails and calls.

IS WL interview 11/13
This would make the most sense. I can’t imagine the chaos if they didn’t rank.

I heard they select based on the demographics of the person who removed themselves from the class. Similar gpa/mcat, orm/urm, etc

IS WL interview 11/13
I actually have heard that they try to match the demographics of the WL student that they replace w the accepted student who withdrew their A

I heard they select based on the demographics of the person who removed themselves from the class. Similar gpa/mcat, orm/urm, etc
Idk how the Supreme Court decision plays into this tho. Maybe they’re doing things differently this year

Same question for early Nov IIs
Interviewed early November and just got the waitlist .... feeling like an A at this point isn't going to happen. UNC was my #1, I wanted to come home so badly :(

I don’t think this place has much waitlist movement either, correct me if I’m wrong

I don’t think this place has much waitlist movement either, correct me if I’m wrong
Yes, this is likely due to the value and quality of education. UNC is probably the #1 choice for most IS applicants (sometimes even over Duke for value). This means many admitted students would likely keep their acceptances, thus, less people would be pulled from the waitlist

650 interviews - 215 accepted - maybe 100 post ii Rs? Roughly 330-350
Just curious--where is the 650 coming from? Was that officially stated anywhere, or is that IS only? MSAR says there were 712 for 190 spots in 2022. I was guessing it would increase last year and this year. Also, just a guess, but my bet is that the total number of post-II Rs and withdrawals is greater than 100.

Just curious--where is the 650 coming from? Was that officially stated anywhere, or is that IS only? MSAR says there were 712 for 190 spots in 2022. I was guessing it would increase last year and this year. Also, just a guess, but my bet is that the total number of post-II Rs and withdrawals is greater than 100.

I talked to someone who works with admissions that said they interviewed 650-680 this year