2023-2024 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, can anyone explain to me the prerequisite models that are asked on the secondary? Im not sure which one my school would be under

Members don't see this ad :)
How are you approaching question #3 "Consider three or four words and/or phrases from your medical school application that you use to describe or characterize yourself. Pick one (or a completely different one) that is underdeveloped to provide additional written narrative to the committee as to why you’ve decided to pursue a career in medicine?"

Are you stating the 3 or 4 words that are used to describe yourself first and going into detail as to why or going straight into the word you chose?
This question has literally given me a headache. LOL

Reactions: 1 users
For the first question, what exactly are they asking us to write? Are they saying to imagine we are about to retire and reflect on what we have done in medicine? Or are they saying, what do we think our accomplishments will be when we retire?

For the first question, what exactly are they asking us to write? Are they saying to imagine we are about to retire and reflect on what we have done in medicine? Or are they saying, what do we think our accomplishments will be when we retire?
Pretty much both. You would want to relate it to medicine and your life in general. Try to just think of the big picture. Try to refer to the themes that are already present in your application.

Does anyone, including current students, know if either MSUCHM or MSUCOM looks down on applying to both schools, being that one is MD and the other is DO? I don't want to hurt my chances by applying to both.

Does anyone, including current students, know if either MSUCHM or MSUCOM looks down on applying to both schools, being that one is MD and the other is DO? I don't want to hurt my chances by applying to both.
It’s common, no issue with doing this

I see a lot of others talking about CASPER, but on MSU's website it says Preview or CASPER. Not sure if that's still the case, from my experience so far what is on school's websites regarding this doesn't actually reflect what is actually considered/is out of date? Does anyone know if one is preferred over the other?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see a lot of others talking about CASPER, but on MSU's website it says Preview or CASPER. Not sure if that's still the case, from my experience so far what is on school's websites regarding this doesn't actually reflect what is actually considered/is out of date? Does anyone know if one is preferred over the other?
Both are okay but watching a video recently with the dean of admissions he talked about how the SJTs are not the end all be all. Simply because people can do horrible on preview and well on casper and vice versa. The verdict isn't out on how predictive these exams are. I would not sweat doing very well on them. If you stats are okay you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
What is the ratio between interview invites and acceptances? Not sure if this data is shared by the university

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone who has submitted their primary this month, how long did it take to get a secondary email? Do they screen out for secondaries or does it just take awhile for a secondary email? I submitted almost 2 weeks ago, but a little concerned about not getting any sort of confirmation email or anything

I keep seeing a trend where CHM interviews are sent out Monday like umich. Is that true?

Asking again how long it took people to receive a secondary that applied within the past month?

Asking again how long it took people to receive a secondary that applied within the past month?
my primary was verified 8/22 and I got the secondary invite the next day.

It took like a month for my primary to get verified tho

Reactions: 1 user
Okay thanks. I am verified through AMCAS and added on MSUCHM about 2 weeks ago and never received a secondary. Kind of confused because I don't think I should have been screened out for MCAT or anything. But thank you for the response, I'll have to figure out who I can reach out to.
Maybe check your junk, that’s where mine was

Solid upwards GPA trend, over 1,000 volunteer hours, over 10,000 clinical hours, etc. I'm a non-trad. I'd also like to believe I've created a good narrative in my PS/secondaries.

Stats aren't everything.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Okay thanks. I am verified through AMCAS and added on MSUCHM about 2 weeks ago and never received a secondary. Kind of confused because I don't think I should have been screened out for MCAT or anything. But thank you for the response, I'll have to figure out who I can reach out to.
Did you check spam??

IS II!! Complete 7/22. I'm so excited, this is one of my top choices! Does anyone know the post-ii acceptance rate for IS?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I got this secondary on July 13th and submitted on August 9th there's no way I'm getting an II lmfao