2023-2024 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A!!!! Yahooooo. LM 71, WARS about 90. Heavy in research and some clinical work as well. Interviewed early Sept. Best of luck to all!
Call was around 11am their local time. :) Followed by email with options to commit or continue to interview elsewhere (with no money deposit requested, which is very nice).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my application - good luck yall i hope you get the A !

Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know if they are sending out acceptances/waitlists in batches or if they are sending every day?

Do y'all know if we're required to have a certain number of science faculty as letter writers?

This page from Stritch has an FAQ section that just says there's a min of 3 and max of 6 allowed. It doesn't mention any specifics about who writes LORs. But MSAR says we should have at least two letters from science faculty

Do y'all know if we're required to have a certain number of science faculty as letter writers?

This page from Stritch has an FAQ section that just says there's a min of 3 and max of 6 allowed. It doesn't mention any specifics about who writes LORs. But MSAR says we should have at least two letters from science faculty
they don’t have strict LOR requirements except that there’s a minimum of 3 and a max of 6, in the email they sent for with instructions for completing their secondary it states
“We strongly recommend at least one letter from someone who has taught you in a science class.”

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is SSOM still interviewing a lot or are they almost done? I dont know if I should be hopeful or not. LM 70, OOS.

Those with II or A's, how many nonclinical volunteer hours did you have? I know to emphasize quality > quantity, but there are many who say not to apply without at least 500-750 hours.

Those with II or A's, how many nonclinical volunteer hours did you have? I know to emphasize quality > quantity, but there are many who say not to apply without at least 500-750 hours.
Probably around 650

Volunteer hours combined was a bit lower than that number, but clinical hours was in the 1000s. I think its more about how the app comes together

Volunteer hours combined was a bit lower than that number, but clinical hours was in the 1000s. I think its more about how the app comes together
My app musta just not come together lol. I've struck out everywhere so far. I also lots of clinical (4K) and non clinical was about 200 when the cycle started. I thought I had a good narrative for the underpriviledged based on my clinical work (low income/government funded psychiatric program) but I guess not.

OOS II received 10/22, completed interview yesterday (11/2)! LM 75.1 (secondary received 7/29, submitted 8/1)

Also interviewed yesterday, one of the most enjoyable experiences for me personally - seemed like they cared a lot about their students

Anyone doing in-person interview tomorrow, 11/9? If so, did you get any information on who your interviewers are?

Does anyone who’s interviewed remember how long they said decisions take after interview day?

A THIS MORNING!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!! I'm so grateful :') They called today around 10:30am CST with the news (secondary received 7/29, submitted & complete 8/1; interview on 11/2)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Just checking in again, has anyone else submitted secondary early August and heard back?

Accepted today via call! Interviewed mid October and complete end of July.

Reactions: 2 users
Got the A yesterday & I’m accepting the seat 🥹 can’t stop crying lol

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Continued consideration yesterday, interviewed 10/12
Do people get off this?

Hey! I got accepted and plan to matriculate as this is my top choice. Anyone want to connect? Looking for new friends as I am from Minnesota and roommates even though it is early. I want to snag something good and cheap and I'm looking for someone who would be comfortable living with my partner since she is probably coming to Chicago for her PhD after my MS1. I was thinking of getting a place with an extra bedroom and sharing that as a study space/storage so we don't feel cramped with two people sharing one bedroom. So excited!

Anyone doing in-person interview tomorrow, 11/9? If so, did you get any information on who your interviewers are?
I interviewed 10/17 and I didn't get info on their identities until morning of through the welcome session. They give you a folder with your personalized schedule. They seemed to match people to their interests like my faculty interview was with a neurodegeneration researcher and my student interview was with someone who led a club I expressed interest in. Seemed like they really care about their students and prospective students. The whole admissions team was amazing.