2023-2024 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II!!! LM 71, complete 9/30!!! Anyone interview recently that I can connect with on their experience? Do they have a preference for in-person or virtual?
OOS II Just now!
Congrats! Did you send any update letters?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II!!! LM 71, complete 9/30!!! Anyone interview recently that I can connect with on their experience? Do they have a preference for in-person or virtual?
I would say worth it for going in person but I wouldn't guess that they would judge you on virtual vs in person. I was accepted last month and went in person. Feel free to message me with questions

Reactions: 1 user
For those who interviewed but were not accepted, how did you feel your interview went? I thought Loyola had a high post-II A rate but unsure how much this has changed over the last couple of years.

For those who interviewed but were not accepted, how did you feel your interview went? I thought Loyola had a high post-II A rate but unsure how much this has changed over the last couple of years.
My 1st interviewer told me they loved talking to me and we shared book recommendations over email, so I feel that one went very well. The 2nd interview was very conversational and said similarly that it was nice talking to me, but I felt like I rambled on some of the questions and I didn’t feel an overall connection as much as I did with the 1st interview… it could just me being self-critical or over analyzing but that’s just how I felt :(

So overall, weighing both interviews, I felt it went decently well. I was hoping for an A but I’m not sure if-when they’ll pull off the CC list or how my interviews were really taken. And I’m not sure we’ll ever really know what happened either, which makes this process so much more stressful lol. I hope we all hear good news eventually

Anyone know if merit scholarships are a thing for Stritch and if so when/how we would hear about them? Is it an application process or are people automatically evaluated?

Reactions: 1 users
No news yet from Loyola after secondary submission - is it appropriate to send an update letter?

No news yet from Loyola after secondary submission - is it appropriate to send an update letter?

I uploaded a pre-II update letter and got an II after a few weeks. I sent pre-II updates to most schools. I don’t think it hurts

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still on CC list? Has anyone heard anything

I've been seeing a lot of similar questions regarding updates so I wanted to share my advice from page 1 later in the thread:

Loyola LOVES updates. Does not matter when, or how many, in fact if you forgot to upload an earlier update you can add 2 in one go (just date them appropriately). My advice is to update as regularly as you feel the updates are substantial until you get that A. Good luck everyone!

• Care
I've been seeing a lot of similar questions regarding updates so I wanted to share my advice from page 1 later in the thread:

Loyola LOVES updates. Does not matter when, or how many, in fact if you forgot to upload an earlier update you can add 2 in one go (just date them appropriately). My advice is to update as regularly as you feel the updates are substantial until you get that A. Good luck everyone!
is letter of interest appropriate if you don't have any significant updates?

Anyone know if merit scholarships are a thing for Stritch and if so when/how we would hear about them? Is it an application process or are people automatically evaluated?
I don't know much about this either. Please let me know if you find anything out!

Think they forgot about me😭😭. I interviewed 10/31 with no decision yet. Not even a CC. Think I’ll send an update

Interview 11/9/23. Update letter on 11/27/23. A call and email (3 hours later) on 1/11/24.

is letter of interest appropriate if you don't have any significant updates?
Yes! I would try to tie it in to something you are/will be doing though as well. Anyone can list what they have on their websites, but if you can personalize it that will go much further!

Yes! I would try to tie it in to something you are/will be doing though as well. Anyone can list what they have on their websites, but if you can personalize it that will go much further!

An update with an experience you can tie in or a letter of intent would carry more weight. They know you are interested by dint of applying and interviewing. Feel free to message with questions.

-current student

Reactions: 2 users
Thank yo for your responses. I have an acceptance from DO school but my heart is set on Loyola. I was interviewed for early assurance program but couldn't get it. My GPA was 3.8, but it took a hit because of health issues. Did send a letter of interest to Loyola and got a reply. No interview yet though. Completed my seondary end of september.

Thank yo for your responses. I have an acceptance from DO school but my heart is set on Loyola. I was interviewed for early assurance program but couldn't get it. My GPA was 3.8, but it took a hit because of health issues. Did send a letter of interest to Loyola and got a reply. No interview yet though. Completed my seondary end of september.
Did you email Loyola your letter of interest or uploaded to your portal? And what did they replied to you?

I have sent a letter of interest and they said that they appreciate it and will keep it in my file.

Anyone with any school specific advice? Going to be my first In person II of the cycle

Are you URM or ORM? Do you have strong research, community service and essays
URM (I think...I am southeast asian...controversial lol)
Strong research (several pubs and local research poster presentations)
Strong community service (6 years of homeless medical clinic work and 9 years of volunteer coaching for high school sport)
I would like to think my essays were strong. I updated my PS since I applied previously and had 2 people look at my secondaries before submitting.

URM (I think...I am southeast asian...controversial lol)
Strong research (several pubs and local research poster presentations)
Strong community service (6 years of homeless medical clinic work and 9 years of volunteer coaching for high school sport)
I would like to think my essays were strong. I updated my PS since I applied previously and had 2 people look at my secondaries before submitting.
Congratulaions and best wishes.

this wait game is so nerve wracking. In-state interview 12/12.
week 5 now of their estimated 7 weeks of waiting period for a decision

Anyone else having difficulty communicating with SSOM? I've sent them a few emails and all I've gotten is silence.

Anyone else having difficulty communicating with SSOM? I've sent them a few emails and all I've gotten is silence.

I’ve sent them 2 emails, admissions did not respond themselves but I got an email back from someone that I was reaching out to through them. So they saw my email and relayed the message lol

i sent them an email at one point early on this cycle and got a response back within the hour and then i sent another email about something else and they responded …. but i kid you not it was over 2 months later lol! i think sometimes emails get lost in their inbox so i would try sending them again.