2023-2024 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Yayy! I submitted 8/7 so I'll keep holding my breath. Can I ask for stats range? Getting nervous and I love them so much the silence hurts

Do the usually take long with reviewing apps? I didn’t know if people got a pre-II rejections yet

OOS II earlier today LM 69, secondary completed 07/26

Reactions: 1 users
Thoughts on uploading an update letter prior to a scheduled interview?

Reactions: 1 user
If you have already been selected to interview, I would recommend telling about the new things you have been doing during your interview day.
If it happens to be a very structured MMI interview without an opportunity to do that, sending an update would at least get that information in your file, but there’s not a good way to know if they have read it before your interview.

If anything, save it for a post interview letter or a continued interest letter.

If you have already been selected to interview, I would recommend telling about the new things you have been doing during your interview day.
If it happens to be a very structured MMI interview without an opportunity to do that, sending an update would at least get that information in your file, but there’s not a good way to know if they have read it before your interview.

I’ve heard both points (updating day of interview vs before). I have a lot of experiences that were not anywhere in my primary/secondary apps that I can pull from, so I was curious whether and update letter may be good to just let the school know of my progress in the activities that ARE on my app?

It’s not MMI — it’s 2 one-on-one interviews, one open file and one partial open (no stats). So I would hope an update letter is included on my app for the interviewers ?

I’m just worried if I wait until the day of my interview, I’ll spend too much time talking about the SAME activities & my updates and not enough about the other things, if that makes sense?

My apologies if this seems rambling/neurotic. This is my first out of state interview at Loyola is definitely a top choice for me and I want to do everything possible to have the best interview day lol!

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 8/22 and no II yet… I’m IS and Loyola undergrad… is this a soft R?

Just checking in congratulating the As so far! Hope to see some of you in the M1 class next Fall. Those of you still waiting for the II, don't forget to update regularly and substantially!

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone with A been accepted to the fb group?
The Facebook that was linked in my offer letter was for the class of 2027, not sure if it was the same for other people. I did search for the 2028 group and it seems that it is not really active yet.

Can someone drop a link to the portal? Can't seem to find it thanks.

Can someone drop a link to the portal? Can't seem to find it thanks.
This should work, let me know:

The Facebook that was linked in my offer letter was for the class of 2027, not sure if it was the same for other people. I did search for the 2028 group and it seems that it is not really active yet.
Yeah, I emailed them and they sent me the correct link but I have not been added to the 2028 group yet and it has been a few weeks.

IS A today, interviewed in August. Thought it was never going to come 😭

Reactions: 3 users
IS, LM score 68. Secondary submitted 9/26, any chances I get an interview? Does anyone know when they stop sending interview invites?

IS, LM score 68. Secondary submitted 9/26, any chances I get an interview? Does anyone know when they stop sending interview invites?

They recently said they’re only halfway through their interview season.

I stalked last years thread and people got interviews in February and March. Don't start worrying yet.

For interview recipients — how did your day go? I LOVED interview day but I attended in person. It was an amazing experience and it easily put Loyola as a top of my list school. So now I anxiously await decisions

I’m super curious how virtual interviewees felt about their experiences.

Anyone who interviewed 10/31 heard anything? They said 6 weeks but it’s past that now. With holidays not expecting anything til 2024.

We should create an admitted students GC!

OOS II!!! LM 71, complete 9/30!!! Anyone interview recently that I can connect with on their experience? Do they have a preference for in-person or virtual?

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
OOS II!!! LM 71, complete 9/30!!! Anyone interview recently that I can connect with on their experience? Do they have a preference for in-person or virtual?

I did in-person and absolutely fell in love with the program. There’s something special about walking the halls and actually being able to picture yourself at the school. It was awesome to meet so many medical students & I was able to see firsthand how the school’s values permeate through their campus. It was wonderful and SSOM is now a top choice for me.

• Love