2023-2024 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II 12/1. Complete 9/14. LM 68

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else IS completed early September still waiting to hear something about II?

Anyone else IS completed early September still waiting to hear something about Il?
There have been people that completed the secondary app at the earliest possible time, II received in Feb or March. Quillen doesn't ghost or forget anyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
Received OOS acceptance call earlier today

Reactions: 2 users
IS acceptance call yesterday, 12/14. II mid November.

If anyone has any questions about their process let me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
Was the hold through email or phone call?
It was an email and it did not say “active hold” like some other people have said. Just appreciative not to get the R flat out

Were you on active hold prior to acceptance? When in November did you interview?
I was not on active hold before my acceptance. Although, from my understanding Quillen puts quite a lot of people on WL. I interviewed mid November.

Accepted students: would y’all be interested in starting a GroupMe?
There’s not an existing one as far as I’m aware.

Reactions: 1 users
Can you share your stats?
510 MCAT and 4.0 GPA. I got a REALLY bad Casper score (2nd quartile). Good enough extracurriculars, a lot of clinical experience and exposure, research, and leadership. My application did not have any community service, but I did start some over this application cycle and made sure to let them know about it via an update letter post interview.

I saw in your other post that you got put on active hold, and get the sense that you might be feeling neurotic about the whole endeavor. If you look at the current entering stats page you can see that they have accepted only 45 of the 131 (34%) in state applicants they have interviewed. At the end of it all, Quillen tends to accept between 45-50% of those that they interview. It is clear that they are putting quite a lot of people on active hold right now. Quillen is very known for doing this, especially with people that interview earlier in the cycle (September thru December). I have read that they do this very intentionally to not give too much favor to those that interview early and to be fair to the people with later interview dates. In addition, the stats of current accepted students are much higher than the final stats of previous years. I don't know your current stats, but it seems like they are being selective with who they are sending A's to at this point in the cycle.

My point in telling you this is to tell you that it's okay. Quillen is known for their generous use of active hold. Previous years students have even said here on SDN that a majority of students in their class were put on active hold before their A. While it may feel like that it's over, IT'S NOT. Take some time to relax, spend time with friends and family. This process is incredibly stressful and you've worked incredibly hard to get to this point.

510 MCAT and 4.0 GPA. I got a REALLY bad Casper score (2nd quartile). Good enough extracurriculars, a lot of clinical experience and exposure, research, and leadership. My application did not have any community service, but I did start some over this application cycle and made sure to let them know about it via an update letter post interview.

I saw in your other post that you got put on active hold, and get the sense that you might be feeling neurotic about the whole endeavor. If you look at the current entering stats page you can see that they have accepted only 45 of the 131 (34%) in state applicants they have interviewed. At the end of it all, Quillen tends to accept between 45-50% of those that they interview. It is clear that they are putting quite a lot of people on active hold right now. Quillen is very known for doing this, especially with people that interview earlier in the cycle (September thru December). I have read that they do this very intentionally to not give too much favor to those that interview early and to be fair to the people with later interview dates. In addition, the stats of current accepted students are much higher than the final stats of previous years. I don't know your current stats, but it seems like they are being selective with who they are sending A's to at this point in the cycle.

My point in telling you this is to tell you that it's okay. Quillen is known for their generous use of active hold. Previous years students have even said here on SDN that a majority of students in their class were put on active hold before their A. While it may feel like that it's over, IT'S NOT. Take some time to relax, spend time with friends and family. This process is incredibly stressful and you've worked incredibly hard to get to this point.
Thank you!!!

IS A on 12/14 after waitlist on 11/15. interview was 10/23. LM score is 73.60 for stats

Reactions: 4 users
interviewing soon! can anyone tell me their interview day experience? some questions they asked? how long it typically takes to hear back?

I assume the average MCAT is up 5 points because at this point in the cycle they've only accepted some super high level applicants?
I wrote about it a bit in an earlier comment. I think that is definitely playing into it. I don't know what the previous years averages are/were, but honestly 507 seems a little low. The MSAR says their average is 511. So I don't know if 507 is a low outlier or if the MSAR is just really out of date. I don't think they have records of previous classes listed unless I just can't find it.

I wrote about it a bit in an earlier comment. I think that is definitely playing into it. I don't know what the previous years averages are/were, but honestly 507 seems a little low. The MSAR says their average is 511. So I don't know if 507 is a low outlier or if the MSAR is just really out of date. I don't think they have records of previous classes listed unless I just can't find it.
Class before last was a 509.

509 for the class of '26 and 507 for class of '27 seems pretty accurate from the scores people have shared with me. The lowest score I've personally heard of was like a 501 and the highest was somewhere around 523. I've had a bunch of people say they scored in like the mid 500s.

Does anyone know if their monthly meeting was delayed due to the snow that came through the area last week? Just wondering around when to expect a response. TIA!

Does anyone know if their monthly meeting was delayed due to the snow that came through the area last week? Just wondering around when to expect a response. TIA!
From my interview, it seemed that some of the admissions committee members (the ones conducting the interviews) don't actually live in Johnson City. I'd imagine most of the meetings are virtual for that reason.

They mentioned that they don’t meet this month and we will hear in February.

II today! Technically IS since I live in a NC border county. Secondary was marked complete on 9/5.

I interviewed on 12-11-23, and I was told the committee would convene in mid January. Therefore, I’m hoping this Thursday or Friday will be the day of notification, whether email or phone call. However, I don’t know if the winter weather impacted their meeting time. Good luck everyone!

I think A calls go out around noon according to previous messages.
I interviewed on 12-11-23, and I was told the committee would convene in mid January. Therefore, I’m hoping this Thursday or Friday will be the day of notification, whether email or phone call. However, I don’t know if the winter weather impacted their meeting time. Good luck everyone!

Every minute of anticipation with no response = enhanced sadness.

IS acceptance call just a few minutes ago!!! Interviewed on 12/7/23

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted, interviewed at 1/8/24, will withdraw

OOS A this afternoon. Interviewed early Dec. Over the moon

Last edited: