2023-2024 Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Those of you who have gotten II, do you mind sharing your stats
IS, 511 MCAT retake (504 first time), cGPA 3.72, sGPA 3.68, 500+ research hours, 400+ shadowing, 1500+ clinical hours, 500+ service hours, and multiple leadership positions and work experience.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t wish to be rude but I think you may have posted in the wrong thread, the very first II’s were sent on 10/13 lol

omg you’re so right, this was meant to go in ETSU Quillen interviewing here at the end of the month tho lol

Reactions: 2 users
any IS applicants receive the under review on Oct 13 and still waiting to hear about II?

Reactions: 3 users
+1, I do think they are interviewing higher stats first possibly?

Maybe, I just had the same stats has one of the people above so that’s why I was unsure. I didn’t know when they were sending interview invites like if it’s once a week or what?

OOS II. Complete first day secondaries were sent out, not sure when exactly that was.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II earlier today! Finished secondary some time in August

Does anyone know if UTHSC accepts letters of interest? I have a new job, so I wanted to update them, but also let them know that I'm still veeeery interested in attending, should I get accepted (or even get an II :cryi:)

OOS II. Complete first day secondaries were sent out, not sure when exactly that was.
Congratulations! Could possibly share around when your interview is scheduled for? I’m just wondering how much time they are giving between whenever they send out the invite and when the actual interview is scheduled for. Thank you in advance!

Does anyone know if UTHSC accepts letters of interest? I have a new job, so I wanted to update them, but also let them know that I'm still veeeery interested in attending, should I get accepted (or even get an II :cryi:)
I was wondering about this as well, but I was hesitant to send one yet since they included this line in their update email they sent on the 13th: “Generally, updates to an application are reserved for candidates who have been invited for an interview.” I wasn’t sure if that meant wait to send an update until after I receive an II?

Could possibly share around when your interview is scheduled for? I’m just wondering how much time they are giving between whenever they send out the invite and when the actual interview is scheduled for. Thank you in advance!
Around mid-November. Assuming they keep sending invites around 3 weeks in advance, I imagine they have plenty of invites left to send.

Got my A 10 mins ago. Interviewed 10/24, LM 68. OOS

Last edited:
For people that have interviewed, it is MMI like ethical questions or just questions to expand on your application and get to know more about you? trying to figure out the best way to prepare

+1!!!
Have you received the acceptance email?
No not yet, just a phone call from the adcom chair! She said email and letter packet in the mail to follow soon? i think no idea when tho!

update: i did receive an email just didn't get the notification😅

Last edited:
Interview on Nov. 8th and got the Acceptance today around 10 am CST! Just a heads up for anyone that may get a call from the admissions office, for some reason my phone showed their phone number as a potential scam call but it did have the 901 area code.