2023-2024 Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS A today!!! Interview on 12/11/23. I’ve never been so excited. This school was a last minute add and with the last couple months, has quickly became a top choice. I absolutely loved the interview day. Does anyone know if scholarship notifications are sent with the A email? Would love to go here and hope I can figure out some external scholarships to help as well if y’all have suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
OOS A today!!! Interview on 12/11/23. I’ve never been so excited. This school was a last minute add and with the last couple months, has quickly became a top choice. I absolutely loved the interview day. Does anyone know if scholarship notifications are sent with the A email? Would love to go here and hope I can figure out some external scholarships to help as well if y’all have suggestions.
Have you received an A email yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
under review email again (oos w/ ties)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just realized my continued review email says "hope you have a happy Thanksgiving." Man if that doesn't sum up my application cycle... :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my acceptance email after my call on Monday! Anyone know how to get you NetID?

Just got my acceptance email after my call on Monday! Asked about NetID a little bit ago, but all you have to do is sign up for your account/email to get it if anyone is wondering.
Also, can you complete the acceptance checklist up through scholarship application without officially accepting yet? I would like to apply for scholarships and figure out my amount before finalizing acceptance in case I get into an in-state school or good scholarship somewhere else.

• Hmm
Just got my acceptance email after my call on Monday! Anyone know how to get you NetID?
So they sent me an admissions email with all of that info yesterday, BEFORE they sent me the acceptance email today. I'm not sure if they messed up and sent me that too soon, but when I tried to create my account using the info they provided (NetID, student ID, etc) it didn't work...

So I think you just got to wait for an email from the office of enrollment.

Also, can you complete the acceptance checklist up through scholarship application without officially accepting yet? I would like to apply for scholarships and figure out my amount before finalizing acceptance in case I get into an in-state school or good scholarship somewhere else.
Seconded -- also does anyone know exactly where to find the scholarship application(s)? Might be a silly question but I am not seeing it when I follow the link from the microsite...

Seconded -- also does anyone know exactly where to find the scholarship application(s)? Might be a silly question but I am not seeing it when I follow the link from the microsite...

I don’t know about the first half of the question, but the scholarship application should be on Banner Self-Service eventually. It’s not there yet… I’m guessing maybe because FAFSA doesn’t open until Dec 31?

I don’t know about the first half of the question, but the scholarship application should be on Banner Self-Service eventually. It’s not there yet… I’m guessing maybe because FAFSA doesn’t open until Dec 31?
Stuck here too. Was hoping to start on scholarship stuff but don't see anything in the microsite. Also I keep seeing the pay $75 to access email, but the links I am lead to don't get me very far. I have the Netid and all of that; has anyone been able to access their Tennessee email?

Stuck here too. Was hoping to start on scholarship stuff but don't see anything in the microsite. Also I keep seeing the pay $75 to access email, but the links I am lead to don't get me very far. I have the Netid and all of that; has anyone been able to access their Tennessee email?
I have not but I had to call IT to transfer my UTK email to uthsc. I was able to pay the 75 dollar fee by going to self service on the busar page

Just checked on the scholarship app and it looks like it's still not posted

Any current students willing to answer some questions?

Congrats!!! Good luck! Out of pure curiosity -- how far out are interviews getting scheduled now?
Thank you! They gave me the options for a week out from when I got invited. Also LM is 65 and submitted secondary is Aug.

For everyone who interviewed - what kinds of questions were you asked? Any recs/advice for the interview? Anything that caught you off guard? Also, i see that we are interviewed twice - are they typically asking similar questions in both interviews, and are they usually more scripted or trying to get to know us better? Super nervous but i want to do my best for this!! so excited about this interview

Last edited:
For everyone who interviewed - what kinds of questions were you asked? Any recs/advice for the interview? Anything that caught you off guard? Also, i see that we are interviewed twice - are they typically asking similar questions in both interviews, and are they usually more scripted or trying to get to know us better? Super nervous but i want to do my best for this!! so excited about this interview
The standard interview played out pretty normally with most of the standard questions of “tell me about yourself”, “why medicine” and whatnot. The academic interview was far more intense, with questions regarding study strategies, some basic medical ethics, teamwork scenarios, and dilemmas regarding diversity and classmates doing something wrong.

Has anyone been able to submit any scholarship forms etc. yet? My FASFA is done and I am not seeing any surveys or tasks to do under the apply for financial aid/scholarships? Thanks everyone!! And if there is a group me or something for accepted students, please let me know.

IS A!!!!!! Got the call at 8:50 PM lol.

Reactions: 4 users
anyone have a guess for how many more IIs are left? haven't heard anything either ways...

IS II 2 days ago!!! Super nervous for it but hoping for the best

anyone who recently interviewed still waiting to hear back or heard back already?

Congratulations! When did you submit? Will you share stats?
Thank you! Primary submitted 8/8/23 and secondary on 9/3/23.

And sure! 511 MCAT, 3.71 cGPA and 3.68 sGPA. 700+ research hours, 100+ service hours, 200+ clinical hours (on the app, but I have more now since submitting- will hopefully be able to talk about it during interview), literally two days of shadowing, a couple leadership positions, a little work experience, and a semester abroad

I also wanted to ask, after interviewing, how long has it taken to get decisions? Is there a huge range, or is it typically within a week or two?

I also wanted to ask, after interviewing, how long has it taken to get decisions? Is there a huge range, or is it typically within a week or two?
I think they said about 2 weeks but mine was like 8 days

• Care
They say two weeks but I think it's within a week