2023-2024 Columbia (Vagelos)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
They are just saying pre-II because they haven't gotten an interview lol. They will send mass Rs in March yall

Reactions: 2 users
58310A06-CAB0-4DA4-8FAF-088EECC741C5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
are there any current students here that can offer insight into where they are? I am kinda shocked that they haven't sent any interviews in Jan?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If I sent a letter of intent at the end of october, would it be wise to send updates now and remind them that I still intend to commit? Or should I wait 2 weeks for a pub and send it. I am worried that the committee will be making the decisions soon.

If I sent a letter of intent at the end of october, would it be wise to send updates now and remind them that I still intend to commit? Or should I wait 2 weeks for a pub and send it. I am worried that the committee will be making the decisions soon.
Wait for the pub for sure! They don't release decisions until late Feb/early Mar, so I doubt they're making final decisions in the next 2 weeks.

Will there be a final II wave? Is it hopeless to submit a pre-ii LOI

Reactions: 1 users
So no more IIs or they are conducting interviews next week?
sorry I meant to say that the last week of interviews is next week but I don't know what that means about IIs. maybe they have very few left but not sure

Does anyone know when decisions will come out? (especially if they mentioned in a recent interview day!)

sorry I meant to say that the last week of interviews is next week but I don't know what that means about IIs. maybe they have very few left but not sure
current student here, last 2 days of interviews are 1/23 and 1/24, so invites are done as well.

Reactions: 2 users
current student here, last 2 days of interviews are 1/23 and 1/24, so invites are done as well.
Thank you for confirming it.

GG everyone.

Just blocked the admissions email for closure.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users
Did everyone who interviewed here get the "although it is too soon to know definitely how things will go this year, I can assure you that the Admissions Committee will keep you strongly in mind" email like a week after their interview?

Reactions: 10 users
Did everyone who interviewed here get the "although it is too soon to know definitely how things will go this year, I can assure you that the Admissions Committee will keep you strongly in mind" email like a week after their interview?
Yes, everyone lol. Don’t let it get your hopes up.

Does anyone have a sense of when we should get LOI/ update letters in so they can be considered before decisions are made?

Does anyone have a sense of when we should get LOI/ update letters in so they can be considered before decisions are made?
the consensus online for schools is one month post interview, as for columbia specifically i have no idea

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Just curious but for those who received an II from Columbia, how many IIs have you received from other T10s?

Just curious but for those who received an II from Columbia, how many IIs have you received from other T10s?
Like 3 other than Columbia which I'm very grateful for but I would trade them all for a single A at this point lmao. Hit my DMs if you're willing to trade 💀💀

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Like 3 other than Columbia which I'm very grateful for but I would trade them all for a single A at this point lmao. Hit my DMs if you're willing to trade 💀💀
Don’t worry bro. You’re going to get into an awesome school by the end of the cycle. Trust the process :)

Don’t worry bro. You’re going to get into an awesome school by the end of the cycle. Trust the process :)
wish I could be as optimistic as you but I appreciate the kind words. next month and a half is gonna be rough hahaha

• Care
february being the shortest month is def turning out to be the longest month this year

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if Bassett decisions come out at the same time

It's been 3/1 or 3/2 at 11 AM EST for the past 3 years, but also usually on Tues/Wed, so could be 2/27-28 or 3/4-5 this year as well
How do you find the time for the decision release? I think the MD-PhD for Columbia releases tomorrow 2/14 but don't know what time exactly.

How do you find the time for the decision release? I think the MD-PhD for Columbia releases tomorrow 2/14 but don't know what time exactly.
you can hover over and see times in previous threads or you can inspect element if needed

ditto^ but also a past thread said they always start around 11 AM est and I believe also stagger the release (so not all at once)