2022-2023 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The radio silence from this school is driving me crazy. At least SLU sent an email to everyone still under consideration

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update email??
Continued Consideration. They already interviewed, it's only for applicants that have interviewed (letting them know their not rejected or accepted, but still under consideration).

Reactions: 1 users
Continued Consideration. They already interviewed, it's only for applicants that have interviewed (letting them know their not rejected or accepted, but still under consideration).

Oh sweet thanks! Haven’t been interviewed yet, so thanks for the knowledge

Complete early August and haven't heard anything from this school... devastated :(

Head up, chin up! I def share the same sentiments as you all!

But I will also share some encouragement and say that we are still being considered since we have not been released. THERE is HOPE!

I was feeling super down last week because of an email I received but I ain’t letting that discourage a PASSION that I’ve had for YEARS. NOPE.

We will get where we need to be by Gods grace, sooner or later.

Amen.

Reactions: 7 users
Head up, chin up! I def share the same sentiments as you all!

But I will also share some encouragement and say that we are still being considered since we have not been released. THERE is HOPE!

I was feeling super down last week because of an email I received but I ain’t letting that discourage a PASSION that I’ve had for YEARS. NOPE.

We will get where we need to be by Gods grace, sooner or later.

Amen.

YOUUUUU my friend, are the energy we all needed today. Thank you for the kind words! I think we all get so worked up and stressed due to the years of dedication towards this path, so the encouragement was much appreciated on my side!

I know we will all make it there eventually! Just gotta keep pushing y’all!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II on 9/21 (Secondary Invite 7/2; Complete 7/30) earliest interview date available in Jan

OOS ORM

Reactions: 1 user
I got an interview invite today. Does anyone know how long the post-II decision takes? Thanks

I got an interview invite today. Does anyone know how long the post-II decision takes? Thanks
Minimum 2 weeks. Or if you are on continual consideration, you will continue to receive an email every 2 weeks with update to your app status.

I had completely forgotten that I needed to fulfill my physiology prereq here. I was planning on doing it in the Spring at a CC if I was accepted, but it looks like the decision won't be made until after the semester starts. Can I take that class during the summer? Or would that be too late...

I had completely forgotten that I needed to fulfill my physiology prereq here. I was planning on doing it in the Spring at a CC if I was accepted, but it looks like the decision won't be made until after the semester starts. Can I take that class during the summer? Or would that be too late...
From the website FAQ:

"Applicants can apply prior to having all courses completed; however, any outstanding courses must be completed and graded prior to the start of medical school. The final official transcript with graded coursework must be received no later than June 1 prior the start of medical school in July."

From their page...
Applicants can apply prior to having all courses completed; however, any outstanding courses must be completed and graded prior to the start of medical school. The final official transcript with graded coursework must be received no later than June 1 prior to the start of medical school in July.

So can you squeeze it in spring term?

From the website FAQ:

"Applicants can apply prior to having all courses completed; however, any outstanding courses must be completed and graded prior to the start of medical school. The final official transcript with graded coursework must be received no later than June 1 prior the start of medical school in July."
From their page...
Applicants can apply prior to having all courses completed; however, any outstanding courses must be completed and graded prior to the start of medical school. The final official transcript with graded coursework must be received no later than June 1 prior to the start of medical school in July.

So can you squeeze it in spring term?
Ahh That's unfortunate. I think I will cancel my interview here then as I'm lucky enough to have another acceptance. Thank you for the help!

Current students or those in the know, How generous is this school with financial aid?

Current students or those in the know, How generous is this school with financial aid?
Generous. Every single student gets a School of Medicine grant worth roughly 15% of overall tuition for all 4 years and additional scholarships are also added individually.

I thought last Friday/Monday was one of the decision release days, but I never heard anything. Are we meant to hear today/Monday? Did I just get off on my dates?

I thought last Friday/Monday was one of the decision release days, but I never heard anything. Are we meant to hear today/Monday? Did I just get off on my dates?
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the dates were shifted because of Thanksgiving?

I just interviewed this week and I was told we would receive an email on 12/16.

Reactions: 2 users
II just now! Very surprised because I thought I bombed the secondary

II just now! Very surprised because I thought I bombed the secondary
Congrats! I don't think I did so well on the secondary as well... fingers crossed I get an II! Undergrad friend is an MS2 and has nothing but great things to say about the school

Also rejected :/ just now. Pre II

• Care
Pre-II R just now. Complete Aug 25th. Congrats everyone else! :)

• Care
Whoa. Sorry for the rejections everyone.

Lord have mercy. Let me brace myself then and grab a box of tissues.

• Haha