2022-2023 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m going to be hopeful but it’s hard when you see great applicants receive rejections and you’ve had a couple emails in your inbox that were not so pleasant.

I know everyone has their stats and personal motivations for pursuing medical education at this school. Also understand that rejections are inevitable.

I’ll hold on. It’s hard. But I’ll try. Hope you all try to do the same!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
I’m going to be hopeful but it’s hard when you see great applicants receive rejections and you’ve had a couple emails in your inbox that were not so pleasant.

I know everyone has their stats and personal motivations for pursuing medical education at this school. Also understand that rejections are inevitable.

I’ll hold on. It’s hard. But I’ll try. Hope you all try to do the same!
then on the other hand, i’ve watched people with LM scores 75+ get rejected at some schools while I haven’t with a abysmal LM bc you NEVER know what these schools are looking for! comparison NEVER works! good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how late this school sends interview invitations out of curiosity?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R. If I am a reapplicant next cycle (I feel grateful and lucky to have as many IIs as I have with my stats) I will definitely not be reapplying to this school. The HPAC letter issue I had really rubbed me the wrong way for this school. Best of luck to everyone else but I am washing my hands of this school.

• Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Pre-II R. If I am a reapplicant next cycle (I feel grateful and lucky to have as many IIs as I have with my stats) I will definitely not be reapplying to this school. The HPAC letter issue I had really rubbed me the wrong way for this school. Best of luck to everyone else but I am washing my hands of this school.
when did they email you you were complete vs your actual complete date?

Sorry about your situation. Your situation is very weird. They do state on their website that an HPAC letter only counts as one letter, so I’m surprised they said you were even complete. Regardless, hope you don’t have to reapply and worry about that again.

The last 2 years the last invitation I saw was the first week of February, for interviews that happened through the end of March.
When I scheduled my interview, the page said they continue until the end of March. Can confirm that @wysdoc is completely correct

• Love
When I scheduled my interview, the page said they continue until the end of March. Can confirm that @wysdoc is completely correct
I love it when I’m right…
The process seems a little different this year without the rigid update emails every other Friday, but rest assured they are considering you all carefully

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I love it when I’m right…
The process seems a little different this year without the rigid update emails every other Friday, but rest assured they are considering you all carefully
when is @wysdoc ever wrong? lol

Reactions: 1 user
when did they email you you were complete vs your actual complete date?
I was actually complete late July. They told me I was complete a month ago and then now rejected me.
Sorry about your situation. Your situation is very weird. They do state on their website that an HPAC letter only counts as one letter, so I’m surprised they said you were even complete. Regardless, hope you don’t have to reapply and worry about that again.
I actually emailed another school and they confirmed my HPAC letter came as a packet with four additional letters. That was actually the last straw for me for this school and so I gave up on it a while ago. Dont know what happened on their end when the person I talked to told me they didn't have that, but I hope they try to improve to avoid this happening again.

They said it doesn't count as one letter if the packet comes with additional letters. I had a similar situation where I was complete 4 months after I actually submitted everything. It seems unfair and it's frustrating :confused:

I actually emailed another school and they confirmed my HPAC letter came as a packet with four additional letters. That was actually the last straw for me for this school and so I gave up on it a while ago. Dont know what happened on their end when the person I talked to told me they didn't have that, but I hope they try to improve to avoid this happening again.
Oh wow that is very weird then, sorry about your experience. I think with their new admin change it really messed with things. That really is unfair and just feels like you donated $100 to the school

To those who just received II's. First off, CONGRATSS! Secondly, what dates were available to you?

Only Jan 23rd was available but I signed up a few hours after I got the email

1671225427909.gif

Reactions: 9 users
Just received a continued consideration email. Interviewed 12/05

Reactions: 8 users
OOS II just now. Submitted mid august and marked complete 11/15!

Anyone else still waiting to hear about an II? Complete 7/28

yessss, complete 8/9 and waiting. I called their office yesterday and they said they would be sending IIs until around March

yessss, complete 8/9 and waiting. I called their office yesterday and they said they would be sending IIs until around March
Well I will be praying to get mine soon (like yesterday) lol

Does anyone know if they are supposed to be making acceptance calls today?

Anyone who has already interviewed, what is the second day of interview composed on?

Does anyone have suggestions on places you can take physiology online ? My university did not let me register for physiology this semester. I intend to try and register for physiology at my local community college when the registration period opens again, but I would like to line up some backup options if possible :censored:

Does anyone have suggestions on places you can take physiology online ? My university did not let me register for physiology this semester. I intend to try and register for physiology at my local community college when the registration period opens again, but I would like to line up some backup options if possible :censored:
UCSD extension has online physiology. Isn’t the cheapest option but you can knock it out

• Love
YALL I GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE TODAY!!!!! Did anyone have trouble logging into the portal?? My username and password are not working, and when I try to resent my password, I never receive an email or anything? Maybe I have the wrong username written down? Does anyone know how to find your username? I have already emailed admissions and waiting for a reply :(

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Yassssssss @ellewoodsmedicine ! Congratulations to you! You got this and I am wishing you the best of LUCK! God speed and this acceptance in yours. Amen.

YALL I GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE TODAY!!!!! Did anyone have trouble logging into the portal?? My username and password are not working, and when I try to resent my password, I never receive an email or anything? Maybe I have the wrong username written down? Does anyone know how to find your username? I have already emailed admissions and waiting for a reply :(
Congrats!! Are you in state or out of state?

Can anyone who has interviewed help me?? Is the username like "John.Smith" or "JohnSmith" format, or "JSmith" ? I really do NOT want to wait until monday for login help. This is breaking my heart lol
Please stop panicking.

Can anyone who has interviewed help me?? Is the username like "John.Smith" or "JohnSmith" format, or "JSmith" ? I really do NOT want to wait until monday for login help. This is breaking my heart lol
The portal username? Isn't it just AMCAS ID

congrats!!! what days were available ??

I believe your username for the portal is your AMCAS ID.