2022-2023 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have already interviewed, were your interviews VIRTUAL?

For some reason, I thought they were in person this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, they are virtual!
Thank you! I know the interview is MMI style, any suggestions to prepare? Is it mostly like situations you respond to? I dont need any exact details, I know we sign a nondisclosure, just wanted general idea of the interview lol

Thank you! I know the interview is MMI style, any suggestions to prepare? Is it mostly like situations you respond to? I dont need any exact details, I know we sign a nondisclosure, just wanted general idea of the interview lol
I would say they are just regular MMI questions! Running through typical MMI questions helped me. I didn’t have anything obscure and the interviewers were incredibly kind and made me feel very welcome. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I would say they are just regular MMI questions! Running through typical MMI questions helped me. I didn’t have anything obscure and the interviewers were incredibly kind and made me feel very welcome. Good luck!
Ok, perfect! I'll start preparing for MMI questions now. I truly appreciate the feedback! I am so nervous yet so excited. This is my dream school

Reactions: 2 users
OMG INTERVIEW INVITE!! I CAN'T. like it feels like a mistake

Reactions: 8 users
Interview invite just now!! OOS complete in July so excited 🥰

Congratulations you all! Rooting for all of you!!!

*checking my email to see if there is anything from TCU like 🫣 Lord take control.

Reactions: 4 users
Just throwing this out there for general knowledge, they don’t accept any application updates

Also wondering if anyone knows when they send IIs out until

Perhaps until February/March? An officer from admissions earlier in this thread mentioned in October that they will be interviewing for the next 4+ months.

They are a part of AMCAS and their interviews may run much later than TMDSAS schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
whats the post ii acceptance rate??

Do you think the results from tonight will affect TCUs ranking in US news weekly?

Edit: grammar

Last edited:
  • Haha
Can someone explain how many stations and how long each station is for TCU? I couldn't find it on their website or interview invite email

Can someone explain how many stations and how long each station is for TCU? I couldn't find it on their website or interview invite email
Part of an MMI style interview is seeing how you can react gracefully to the unexpected. You can’t know everything in advance

so my interview isnt til end of feb. i'm thinking of emailing admissions about possibly being notified of any early dates. Has anyone else done this?

Part of an MMI style interview is seeing how you can react gracefully to the unexpected. You can’t know everything in advance
Touché, but I’m normally too Type A to leave things to chance but I guess I can this time 😂😂

Touché, but I’m normally too Type A to leave things to chance but I guess I can this time 😂😂
From just GENERAL MMI research, I've found that you'll do about 6-9 stations, each about 10 minutes total (2 minutes to prepare your response, then like 6-8 mins for response). Stations can be situational, policy, ethics, or biographical/application type questions. Again, this is all just general info, not pertaining to TCUSOM, but for any MMI! Hope that helps a bit more! There are plenty of free resources online to help prep for this style of interview, without being rehearsed/scripted! :)

From just GENERAL MMI research, I've found that you'll do about 6-9 stations, each about 10 minutes total (2 minutes to prepare your response, then like 6-8 mins for response). Stations can be situational, policy, ethics, or biographical/application type questions. Again, this is all just general info, not pertaining to TCUSOM, but for any MMI! Hope that helps a bit more! There are plenty of free resources online to help prep for this style of interview, without being rehearsed/scripted! :)
Good luck for your interview!!

Hello applicants, your friendly admissions rep here to provide a few updates and reminders! As I have previously stated, we are interviewing into the month of March, so hang in there! In the words of the late, great Tom Petty, we understand that the "waiting is the hardest part," however we ask for your patience and that you please refrain from sending LOIs or updates. We also ask that if you receive an invitation to interview, schedule your interview date and then something changes, please notify us ASAP! When someone drops hours before our interview begins, we are unable to fill that spot, so please be respectful to your fellow applicants and our team, it is much appreciated. If you receive an invitation to interview, you will be provided further information about our MMI prior to the beginning of your interview day, no need to add additional stress worrying about that! Thank you for your patience this cycle as out unit leadership has changed and our school has worked tremendously hard to prepare for our upcoming accreditation. Big things are happening here in Fort Worth and we are delighted to be one of your many choices in pursuing your medical education. Wishing you all the best as this cycle continues!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 29 users
Hello applicants, your friendly admissions rep here to provide a few updates and reminders! As I have previously stated, we are interviewing into the month of March, so hang in there! In the words of the late, great Tom Petty, we understand that the "waiting is the hardest part," however we ask for your patience and that you please refrain from sending LOIs or updates. We also ask that if you receive an invitation to interview, schedule your interview date and then something changes, please notify us ASAP! When someone drops hours before our interview begins, we are unable to fill that spot, so please be respectful to your fellow applicants and our team, it is much appreciated. If you receive an invitation to interview, you will be provided further information about our MMI prior to the beginning of your interview day, no need to add additional stress worrying about that! Thank you for your patience this cycle as out unit leadership has changed and our school has worked tremendously hard to prepare for our upcoming accreditation. Big things are happening here in Fort Worth and we are delighted to be one of your many choices in pursuing your medical education. Wishing you all the best as this cycle continues!
Thank you for this helpful information!

Would you mind sharing more details of your applicant profile? Age, race, leadership, research, for example? I also went to TCU for undergrad and am trying to gage the likelihood of still getting an II.
Everyone’s story is different and I’m almost certain TCU is one of the schools that look for a particular applicant.

It’s probably a combination of academic and non academic factors that they look at. You may have the exact same stats as another but your story, motivations and other aspects of your application would be different.

Going to be hard for you to gage.

Everyone’s story is different and I’m almost certain TCU is one of the schools that look for a particular applicant.

It’s probably a combination of academic and non academic factors that they look at. You may have the exact same stats as another but your story, motivations and other aspects of your application would be different.

Going to be hard for you to gage.
i agree! its a lot more then stats and EC's. I think my essays and just personality and how I portrayed myself resonated with them. They truly are holistic so the best way to have your chance at an interview is by being honest and showing them who you are through your essays, secondary, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
JustKeepSwimming.jpg

Try to control my anxiety and feelings.

We got this 💪

I was wait-listed for TCU SOM last year. It was a 5 months of continued consideration. However, I did not get off from their alternative list.

Despite the outcome, what I can tell is that TCU is one of the most holistic medical schools in the nation for sure!

4th time applying through TMDSAS.
2nd time AMCAS.
1st time AACOMAS.

I got 5 II so far for this cycle (4 DO / 1 MD). Looking forward hearing back more soon. Best of luck everyone!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Tears in my eyes and grateful beyond words. Got the call. So, so grateful. Couldn't have done this without all the amazing people in my life. Best of luck to everyone and hope all of your dreams will be realized soon.

A today, complete in July.
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
when did you interview? also could you share some wisdom/tips for the interview?

Did anyone get a response after sending a “thank you letter” to that lady? They didn’t even say “received” or anything while all other schools at least acknowledge the receipt of the email…

Tears in my eyes and grateful beyond words. Got the call. So, so grateful. Couldn't have done this without all the amazing people in my life. Best of luck to everyone and hope all of your dreams will be realized soon.

A today, complete in July.
YAY CONGRATS! I am so happy for you!

Some takeaways from my TCU interview today! One of the Deans said that about 80% are placed into the “continue consideration” category post-interview (and there are 24 people per interview). The last bit are acceptances and releases (ie rejection).

Every year will have 10 interview days (only a total of 240 people will get interviews every year). There are 4 interview days left (2/6, 2/27, 3/13, and 3/27). Decisions are released on the Friday on the following week. Those that are accepted get a phone call from the Dean!

Super friendly staff and the M4s are posed for an impressive match day (a Dean mentioned the M4s are getting lots of high-quality residency interviews in every specialty). Lots of big things happening in Fort Worth!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Some takeaways from my TCU interview today! One of the Deans said that about 80% are placed into the “continue consideration” category post interview (and there are 24 people per interview). The last bit are acceptances and releases (ie rejection).

There are 4 interview days left (2/6, 2/27, 3/13, and 3/27). Decisions are released on the Friday on the following week. Those that are accepted get a phone call from the Dean!

Super friendly staff and the M4s are posed for an impressive match day (a Dean mentioned the M4s are getting lots of high quality residency interviews in every specialty). Lots of big things happening in Fort Worth!
so the post ii acceptance rate is pretty low? since class is only 60

I interviewed on January 9th and was supposed to hear back Friday, January 20th. I haven't received any phone calls or emails.

I'm assuming this means I'm under continued consideration (CC), but I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing anything similar?

I interviewed on January 9th and was supposed to hear back Friday, January 20th. I haven't received any phone calls or emails.

I'm assuming this means I'm under continued consideration (CC), but I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing anything similar?
Same here. Theoretically, according to what they said in the interview, I should have received three emails from them on three Fridays, but they only emailed me a CC status on a random Monday. If I were them, I wouldn't give myself a strict deadline if I knew I couldn't meet it week after week after week. For what it's worth, they are a new school, so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt because they are probably figuring things out : )

can someone let me know how many stations there are and how long they are? this is gonna be my first mmi

so the post ii acceptance rate is pretty low? since class is only 60
I am guessing for the decision release date immediately after your interview day is low, but after a few CCs, you are likely to get a real decision.

I am guessing for the decision release date immediately after your interview day is low, but after a few CCs, you are likely to get a real decision.
Agreed, and some people may keep getting "CC" until all the interviews have been completed and then some final decisions (A,WL,R) will be concluded.

can someone let me know how many stations there are and how long they are? this is gonna be my first mmi
They specifically ask us not to share this information and especially not the question with other applicants in any future cycle. My best advice is to practice for a bunch of questions with different times to read and different times to answer. I practiced reading the prompt for 1 to 2 mins and answering from 5 mins to 8 mins.

I totally understand where you are coming from as this is your first MMI, but I promise there are no "gotcha" questions! Good luck!

Last edited:
They specifically ask us not to share this information and especially not the question with other applicants in any future cycle. My best advice is to practice for a bunch of questions with different times to read and different times to answer. I practiced reading the prompt for 1 to 2 mins and answering from 5 mins to 8 mins.

I totally understand where you are coming from as this is your first MMI, but I promise there are "no-gotcha" questions! Good luck!
thank you! <3

• Love
I’m just out here waiting for an answer from TCU 🤷🏾‍♀️🥲