2023-2024 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate Decision OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if TCU is planning on increasing class size, if not this year in the next few years? I cannot remember if the admissions team mentioned anything during my interview, but with the new building I was wondering if there were plans to expand the class in the future or if they like the current flow with a smaller cohort.

Does anyone know if TCU is planning on increasing class size, if not this year in the next few years? I cannot remember if the admissions team mentioned anything during my interview, but with the new building I was wondering if there were plans to expand the class in the future or if they like the current flow with a smaller cohort.
I believe it will remain the same

There are no plans to increase the class size and we anticipate the cohorts remaining at 60 students per class.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to all, whatever stage you are in. One question: Does anyone know the number of individuals who have been offered admission from the alternate/waitlist in a typical previous year? TCU is a top choice. (Also, my understanding from the communication on alternate list status is that, at this point, the admissions committee does not expect, or welcome, further information. Instead, those of us on the alternate list should simply wait. Any confirmation or suggestions on that issue welcome! Again, good luck to all!)

Good luck to all, whatever stage you are in. One question: Does anyone know the number of individuals who have been offered admission from the alternate/waitlist in a typical previous year? TCU is a top choice. (Also, my understanding from the communication on alternate list status is that, at this point, the admissions committee does not expect, or welcome, further information. Instead, those of us on the alternate list should simply wait. Any confirmation or suggestions on that issue welcome! Again, good luck to all!)
The Admissions Committee welcomes additional information to review with your file for consideration from the alternate list (e.g., update letter, letter of intent/interest, etc.). Additionally, while we cannot give specific details regarding the number of individuals that we expect to offer admission to from the alternate list, many of our previous cycle matriculants have been from the alternate list and we do not suspect that this year will be vastly different.

The Admissions Committee welcomes additional information to review with your file for consideration from the alternate list (e.g., update letter, letter of intent/interest, etc.). Additionally, while we cannot give specific details regarding the number of individuals that we expect to offer admission to from the alternate list, many of our previous cycle matriculants have been from the alternate list and we do not suspect that this year will be vastly different.
Thank you. I submitted a letter of intent earlier with updates. I will submit a further update when additional relevant information is available this spring.

Reactions: 1 user
Does the admissions committee continuously look at the alternate list? Has anyone been taken off of it recently?

Does the admissions committee continuously look at the alternate list? Has anyone been taken off of it recently?
Thank you for your question. Yes, the admission committee will continue to review files and offers will be made on a rolling basis up until matriculation in early July.

TCU Match list shows only 52 matching. I thought they had 60 in a class. Can someone from TCU explain this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 12.23.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 12.23.16 PM.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 71
TCU Match list shows only 52 matching. I thought they had 60 in a class. Can someone from TCU explain this?

TCU med is relatively new right? This is one of their first graduating classes? My best guess is that the people that a few may not have matched but the majority of it can be explained by people taking a 5th year for research/advanced degrees to boost their resumes for competitive specialities. Over time this will even out with 5th years from the class before graduating with the class but since this is a new school there is not a consistent pool of 5th years. Does that make sense?

are you using the 2024 data?
From my math it adds to 59.

Also I don’t see plastics or Derm on that spreadsheet, but they had matches there this year.

Yes. From this Class of 2024 list

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 8.36.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 8.36.37 PM.png
    198.5 KB · Views: 134
The Burnett School of Medicine at TCU recently matched the Class of 2024. This is our second graduating cohort.
The best resource to see where/which specialties our students matched is here.

There are a variety of reasons students choose to not enter the match process or are not listed. Some reasons include research years, military service, medical reasons, and personal decisions to not publish.

We advise prospective students to review our curriculum, as it will prepare students for all specialties.
We wish you the best on your journey into medicine.

Reactions: 3 users
The Burnett School of Medicine at TCU recently matched the Class of 2024. This is our second graduating cohort.

There are a variety of reasons students choose to not enter the match process or are not listed. Some reasons include research years, military service, medical reasons, and personal decisions to not publish.

We advise prospective students to review our curriculum, as it will prepare students for all specialties.
Thank you for sharing! Such an impressive list! Congratulations to the students! Praying to be accepted off of the waitlist and one join their ranks! 🙏🏻

very good match list for a 2nd batch.

Is the financial aid award info we received with our acceptance the final financial aid offer?
The information provided is an estimate of financial assistance that may be available to you. A finalized aid offer will be provided in May following receipt of your 2024-2025 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with any requested documents. Please don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] with any specific questions you may have.

So are alternate list people cooked? Or do we hope to start seeing movement late April?

• Haha
Accepted today!! My first MD acceptance. Thank you God!!! Interviewed on 12/4 then on CC and AL ever since, I can’t believe it.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got accepted yesterday! So excited, this was my top school! Good luck to everyone still waiting 🤞🏼

Reactions: 3 users