2022-2023 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted. interviewed on Jan 12.
I've had 4ii, heard back from 2. This is my second WL. I hate my life and my application.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Did any accepted students get info. about February accepted students days?
I haven't been getting emails about the accepted student visits since the original one in January but I keep checking the signup sheet (in the Jan email) and they have been updating the dates there. I signed up for a March date when it was already full and got off the waitlist a couple of hours later. I recommend checking the signup form weekly and signing up as soon as you see a new date pop up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope they'll look into the pre-hold group and select from there for upcoming II. I sent in an update and got so hopeful from whoever replied with the "good luck" memo. But now? :'( Where's my II Valentine, NYMC? lol

Reactions: 1 user
Placed on pre-II hold. OOS complete 6/29

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm so do everyone get theirs on hold? Or are sone out right rejected?
some are rejected. Holds usually means an R (Drexel), whereas it is not a death sentence at a few (George Washington). Usually H->R for just about everyone tho

some are rejected. Holds usually means an R (Drexel), whereas it is not a death sentence at a few (George Washington). Usually H->R for just about everyone tho
yeah, every hold I have gotten this cycle has either ended up in rejection or just stayed on hold for months with no news.

Another pre-II hold here. Looking like a soft R, but let's keep our fingers crossed that it might be different!

Reactions: 1 users
pre-II hold today, LM about 70, WARS 81, complete mid-august. not sure why they wouldn't just reject but...

I dont understand the point of a hold, especially given the rarity of people getting off it. Someone call Lauren Hill-- they're killing me softy here.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Officially turned down my II for early March. Hoping it goes to one of y'all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
II this morning—was put on pre-II hold in early January

It’s a miracle!

• Love
Reactions: 26 users
Still complete silence for me, congrats on those who got an II today. Would it be possible to know what dates are still available?

Reactions: 3 users
Is a pre II hold an R basically? Was put on hold in November
Looks like someone above got off hold to II however many ppl are on hold atm so I’m not sure how high the chances are to get off it. It seems they sent out quite a few holds so I’m not super optimistic 😣

How are waitlist movements in this school? this is my top choice so I'm pretty bummed

Can you elaborate on why this is your top choice?
Location, also I really like the choices available in terms of clinical rotation sites.
The staff, students and interviewers all left a very positive impression on me. I feel like its def a supportive environment and I'd love to be a med student there for the next 4 years.

If someone here has got an A off the waitlist please lmk. I have questions about spacing/timing my update letters.

Anyone who interviewed around Jan 26th hear anything yet? I'm nervous since my 5 week mark is approaching...

Interviewed on Jan 24th. Have not heard anything yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the maximum scholarship is for this school? Do they offer anything more than $20K?

Last edited: