2022-2023 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre II R today. Byeeeee….

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
This is so neurotic of me and I apologize for that, but I saw that you posted earlier on this thread saying you got an II in early October! Did Sinai reject you after they gave you an II?
Omg my baddd. I received pre-II R from another college, not Sinai! Had multiple threads open haha. Will delete comment.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else who interviewed here know when offers are coming out? I think I remember them saying January at the interview but their website says they can start giving out As in December
At my interview day (November), they said mid/late January. I didn't ask them to reconcile that with the website that said December, but at the end of the day, it (likely) won't make any difference wrt the outcome. Stay distracted, my friend. Live your life.

Complete 7/23. Lizzie M 76 WARS 90. Nada. Instate.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
were any II's sent out this week or just R? making me nervous

Just got Pre-II R from the MSTP, automatically re-routed to MD but not sure what my chances are this late in the cycle

Applied in early Aug and still no response. I hate this limbo stage 🤧

It seems like the trend is holding from the last cycle. There was a big R wave around this time too.

The last cycle had an II wave around the week of Christmas, so here's to hoping for a Christmas present from Sinai (assuming this R wave is over lol)

Reactions: 5 users
I sent an update letter yesterday… was hoping to wait it out to include more things but can’t risk it any longer. I have a feeling they’re gonna read my letter and be like wtf 💀😂

Does anyone know if the Q&A with students on interview day is mandatory (of course I want to talk to students, but I just had a conflict come up and need to know if I can afford to miss the session or not)? And is it just with students or are there admissions staff there too?

Does anyone know if the Q&A with students on interview day is mandatory (of course I want to talk to students, but I just had a conflict come up and need to know if I can afford to miss the session or not)? And is it just with students or are there admissions staff there too?
During mine the students said it was not evaluative, and there were no admissions staff there.

Did anyone who interviewed more recently get more insight on exactly when first round decisions are released? I think they told my group just sometime in January

Did anyone who interviewed more recently get more insight on exactly when first round decisions are released? I think they told my group just sometime in Janu
Interviewed last Friday. Was told around Feb if memory serves me correct.

Honestly Sinai doesn’t seem to send many II’s compared to other schools on SDN. Maybe the majority come through Flexmed?
Over 1/3 of the class size is selected through Flexmed. Looks like they interview ~500 applicants and end up with around 90 matriculants from regular applications

Pre-II. Complete 9/24. Not surprised as this was a reach, as all schools were for me.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Sorry but you just received a pre-II rejection? If so was it today?
Yup. Today.
Please don’t give up though
Thank you. I’ve overperformed this cycle thankfully. But I will still take that advice cause my cycle looked bleak at one point. This process puts you through the grinder. And that’s even before you let all the self-doubt creep in. I hope your cycle turns out

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
II just now, super stoked for this one! Complete first week of July, and sent an update on 12/1. Scheduling for lots of dates in January.

Reactions: 9 users
II LM 77. Super excited as my thesis project is based entirely on research from a Mt. Sinai study.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II 12/21, complete mid-August! IS, super non-trad AHHHHHHHHH

Reactions: 4 users
OOS II today! so surprised i thought it was too late for me

Reactions: 3 users
OOS II today. So Happy! Sent an update after Thanksgiving.

Reactions: 2 users