2022-2023 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For those that have already interviewed, what is the interview day like ?

For those that have already interviewed, what is the interview day like ?

Really enjoyed it. All students were so nice and clearly passionate about Sinai. Interviews were so conversational and friendly - they know your app beforehand so kind of getting to know you more as a person

Reactions: 1 users
From December through August: The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai will make admissions decisions.

Goodluck to those done with II. No pre-II R so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone tried uploading an update letter? Did you get a confirmation email or anything after uploading? Not sure if mine went through!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone tried uploading an update letter? Did you get a confirmation email or anything after uploading? Not sure if mine went through!
I uploaded mine to the portal then emailed admissions just to ensure it was received and they confirmed shortly after

II received! IS completed mid august

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
Very unexpected II today also 😭 almost cried fr. Complete 8/15!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone know if Icahn accepts update letters or letters of continued interest pre-interview? I cant find a solid answer on their website!

Wow congrats! Was it a significant update, or more of a letter of continued interest? I'll definitely send one
It was definitely more of an update than an interest letter, but like ofc I conveyed interest too. I wouldn't say my updates were significant enough to fall into the "definitely send an update" category, but I sent it anyway and just saw that happened. I prob wont share more detail on it just for privacy

Reactions: 2 users
Hi does anyone know how far out they're scheduling for interviews?

submitted an update letter but failed to see the note that said to include the date written on the letter itself.... do we think this is a big issue or not? it says the upload date so idk why they are so picky about this .... prob not worth emailing admissions about right?

submitted an update letter but failed to see the note that said to include the date written on the letter itself.... do we think this is a big issue or not? it says the upload date so idk why they are so picky about this .... prob not worth emailing admissions about right?
Lol I sent an update letter without the date anywhere and didn't see that note either until after. oh well 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

pre II R. Third one today, smh

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Oh GOD I'm literally writing an update letter to Mt. Sinai right now..... might be too late RIP. Painfully waiting for the R to ship in

Oh GOD I'm literally writing an update letter to Mt. Sinai right now..... might be too late RIP. Painfully waiting for the R to ship in
I sent one this last week and now I am thinking I was too late too...

Reactions: 1 users