2021-2022 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed here and I’ve been getting all their emails too!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Cheers to last week of January, can't wait for 2 emails for grad program and neither an II or R

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think we can all agree the grad school promotional emails suck, but they mean absolutely nothing about your med school application to Mount Sinai. If you aren't getting them, you may just not have made it onto that mailing list (which I have been on since I bought MSAR -- long before even applying). You can block these emails as they are distinctly different from the admissions email from ISMMS.

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know how many more waves of interviews they are sending? ugh thought I rly had a chance since I've been working here for like 2 years now .....

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how many more waves of interviews they are sending? ugh thought I rly had a chance since I've been working here for like 2 years now .....
Apparently the last one will be sometime this week!

pre-II rejection one week ago (jan17), complete mid-august (sorry for late post lol) good luck everyone

• Care
Bruh I didn’t even apply and am getting spammed with those emails

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
kinda glad nothing is happening today with this school. unless of course, masters programs emails are going out lmao

Reactions: 2 users
Who else is still waiting for II with me here? Thinking today is a good day to get one, hbu? Positive Vibes friends and congrats to who got an A

Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Who else is still waiting for II with me here? Thinking today is a good day to get one, hbu? Positive Vibes friends and congrats to who got an A
Still waiting and *crickets*
To anyone who is still waiting, could you give this post a “like”? Trying to gauge how many of us still stand (at least on SDN)
hoping it happens for us today ❤️ this is my dream school basically so I really hope they give us a chance!!!

Reactions: 5 users
To anyone who is still waiting, could you give this post a “like”? Trying to gauge how many of us still stand (at least on SDN)
Sinai better have 20+ II lined up for me and my homies😤😤

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 33 users
I feel like the admissions office is reading this and laughing their behinds' off, making us wait and suffer! Bet you they won't send anything until next week just to mess with our heads...

• Haha
For those of us treading water in the II pool and reading this, know that I really am pulling for you. I’m hoping we all get to walk through those doors on the first day in August together. 🙏

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
For those of us treading water in the II pool and reading this, know that I really am pulling for you. I’m hoping we all get to walk through those doors on the first day in August together. 🙏
This thread is so wholesome rn I’m rootin for everyone ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
😬😬😬 Everyone waiting for an II... I am holding your hand today. I have over 20 hands. I really freaking hope we get it today!!! Aaaa

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
When was the last date last year they send IIs? I looked the other day and seems like Jan 31 is what was reported on SDN. No IIs were reported in February that year or the year before if I recall correctly. So if not today, do we think the final wave is Monday?

When was the last date last year they send IIs? I looked the other day and seems like Jan 31 is what was reported on SDN. No IIs were reported in February that year or the year before if I recall correctly. So if not today, do we think the final wave is Monday?
The internet says Jan 31 2021 was a Sunday, so it's weird they sent out IIs on a weekend. But I guess if nobody hears this week, then maybe? It would just be so hot if they invited us all right now.

I think I saw the 2019-2020 cycle have a couple of II's at the beginning of February. Last year they were sending II's throughout the weekend which I agree is quite interesting. Oddly, they sent II's earlier in the morning last year around this time, which tells me they are probably holding out on purpose so we can drive ourselves insane in the meantime lol

Last edited:
My stats aren't even competitive for this school and I'm still on the edge of my seat.

I think I saw the 2019-2020 cycle have a couple of II's at the beginning of February. Last year they were sending II's throughout the weekend which I agree is quite interesting. Oddly, they sent II's earlier in the morning last year around this time, which tells me they are probably holding out on purpose so we can drive ourselves insane in the meantime lol
Mt Sinai don't do us dirty like this... playing mind games is so high school of them

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting, for the life of me cannot find any IIs sent in Feb. Anyhow it's all academic right now, let's just hope they tell us soon! I wouldn't mind getting a pre-R already so I can get on with my life...

Interesting, for the life of me cannot find any IIs sent in Feb. Anyhow it's all academic right now, let's just hope they tell us soon! I wouldn't mind getting a pre-R already so I can get on with my life...
I must be confusing schools then? It was weird because I thought I remember it being 1 and I thought that was extremely odd. Nevertheless, I am 100% with you on the "get on with the decision" perspective because I'm sure they understand it eats some of us alive.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an II today! Surprised as I thought most II's were done for the cycle

Reactions: 12 users
dang they do send them out on the weekend. looks like we're done here folks ✌🏼 it was real Mount Sinai thread. good luck to everyone!!!

I have been accepted here and Sinai is still sending me Master's degree emails...

• Haha
For those of you who got the vague post-II defer/waitlist decision, when are ya'll considering writing letters of interest. They said in the email they will make decisions about who is on the waitlist in March, so I'm not sure whether to send the LOI now to maximize chances of getting on the waitlist or just save the LOI for the event that I do get on the waitlist. Thoughts?
I’m also wondering this. I’m probably leaning towards sending the LOI before hearing about the waitlist. It probably can’t hurt. I’d also love to know if other people have thoughts.

I’m also wondering this. I’m probably leaning towards sending the LOI before hearing about the waitlist. It probably can’t hurt. I’d also love to know if other people have thoughts.
I sent one already!

Are they done with IIs?
I’d be really surprised if they were. I think there may be delays due to the crazy storm they had. There’s historically another wave of II’s and pre-II R’s after the mid-January one…unless, this year, that many people killed their interviews. Unless you got an R, you’re still in the running for a II. Don’t give up the ship just yet 👍🏼

Reactions: 6 users
I saw someone get an II on Saturday so the II wave seemed like an II trickle. Unless all the people who got IIs aren’t on SDN.

I’m happy with all the interviews I’ve got this cycle. California has surprisingly been very good to me. It just would’ve been nice to get some from New York.

I do wonder if they are behind because of the snow storm, however I am losing hope. Traditionally they have not sent IIs in February per SDN, let's hope they break the trend this year!

Reactions: 4 users