2022-2023 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II received!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if there will be more II waves after this one today? :cryi:

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed recently, do you recall them saying that update letters/letters of interest should only be sent after they send your initial admission decision?

Last edited:
For those who interviewed mid November, do you recall them saying that update letters/letters of interest should only be sent after they send your initial admission decision in January?
yes that's what I believe they said

• Wow
  • Care
For those who interviewed recently, do you recall them saying that update letters/letters of interest should only be sent after they send your initial admission decision?
Do we have any idea when in January initial decisions will be released?

did anyone submit a letter of interest post II? not sure how much value that has at Icahn

For anyone that interviewed, did yall have an open Q+A session with current students before your interview? Or was the Q+A after?

Pre-II R today at 9:30 AM PST. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't recall this but I might just not remember since it's been a little while since my interview day. Has anyone asked if it's okay to send a post-II update letter if you have significant updates (e.g., publications, abstracts, etc.)?

I don't recall this but I might just not remember since it's been a little while since my interview day. Has anyone asked if it's okay to send a post-II update letter if you have significant updates (e.g., publications, abstracts, etc.)?
I have not interviewed yet, but from past threads, it seems that Sinai wants these post-II updates after you have been deferred or waitlisted.

I have not interviewed yet, but from past threads, it seems that Sinai wants these post-II updates after you have been deferred or waitlisted.
They said we could send a post-interview update when I interviewed if we feel it is significant enough. They also said to treat it "like dating" where we're not sending these excessively but when actually appropriate

Edit: to clarify this is post-interview, pre-decision

Reactions: 1 user
They said we could send a post-interview update when I interviewed if we feel it is significant enough. They also said to treat it "like dating" where we're not sending these excessively but when actually appropriate

Edit: to clarify this is post-interview, pre-decision
Ahhh they’re treating it like dating. Explains why they ghosted me.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 23 users
my app was complete over 6 months and nothing yet! does this mean R

Just got baited with the Graduate School email :(:(

+1 and its the first one I have ever gotten from them hoping its not a bad sign since I've had radio silence since late June :rofl:
Somehow they've been hitting me with 2-3 emails/month about their grad programs since before I even submitted AMCAS

Reactions: 1 users
Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.13.45 AM.png

Thank you but where II 😞😭😞😭😞😭

continuing to cross fingers in the silence...

Reactions: 7 users
continuing to cross fingers in the silence...
Don't know if it's necessarily related, but a nurse strike started today at Mount Sinai Hospital, so cross your fingers a little longer ;)

At our interview day I believe they said “early January” would be the first round which I feel is why people were thinking this Friday
I hope you’re right!! But I thought they said late January and looking at previous years’ discussions the first decisions have been released on the third Friday of January, so 1/20 this year.

I hope you’re right!! But I thought they said late January and looking at previous years’ discussions the first decisions have been released on the third Friday of January, so 1/20 this year.
So what about the ones who get interviewed this and next week? Will they be getting results by 1/20 or later?

So what about the ones who get interviewed this and next week? Will they be getting results by 1/20 or later?
I interviewed on Jan 6 and they said decisions for that interview day would likely be mid-late feb

Could someone describe the interview day? Do you have to stay logged in the whole time or do you get any breaks (lunch, etc)? Thanks in advance!

Could someone describe the interview day? Do you have to stay logged in the whole time or do you get any breaks (lunch, etc)? Thanks in advance!
10:30 am to 11:50 was a welcome and introduction with no breaks. Then from 11:50 to 2:30 you are only responsible for being on camera during your individual interview times, otherwise, you can be off-camera on a break or you can be in the waiting room where a current student may or may not be available to chat. At 2:30 everyone needs to be back on camera for some wrap-up stuff, and then they close the zoom. The wrap-up wasn't long, so we had maybe an hour or so before a new zoom was started for a Q&A with current students without the ADCOM folks, which was from 4:15 to 5:15.

Reactions: 2 users
Lol this school sends out way too many promotional emails

Reactions: 12 users
The You’re Invited part is pure evil… tempted to pull my app now 😂😂

Jkjk plz send II mt sinai 🥹

I feel like the promotions are usually pretty obvious, but the “you’re invited” was just cruel 🫠