2021-2022 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m also wondering this. I’m probably leaning towards sending the LOI before hearing about the waitlist. It probably can’t hurt. I’d also love to know if other people have thoughts.
Are these LOI's letters of interest or intent?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if they still send interview invites in Feb in the past years?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if it’s a good idea to send a letter of interest pre-II? Icahn is my top choice and I still have a sliver of hope

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if there is a Facebook group? Would love to meet other admitted students :)

For what it is worth, I called the admissions office this am to see if they are done sending IIs. What I was told is that they will conclude sending these by the end of this week. Sounded like there are just a few "last min" ones left, but gives us some small hope for a smaller wave.

Reactions: 18 users
For what it is worth, I called the admissions office this am to see if they are done sending IIs. What I was told is that they will conclude sending these by the end of this week. Sounded like there are just a few "last min" ones left, but gives us some small hope for a smaller wave.
You did it, you made the call I think most of us have been pondering. Gracias :happy:

Reactions: 6 users
That's something considering they usually conclude these the end of January. We are still in this! By the way, you are truly a saint for calling.

does anyone remember when they said the next round of decisions come out...could it be next week or the week after?!

does anyone remember when they said the next round of decisions come out...could it be next week or the week after?!
Mid-February was what they said at my interview in mid January! I took a look at some of the older threads and it looks like it's usually closer to the third week of Feburary.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mid-February was what they said at my interview in mid January! I took a look at some of the older threads and it looks like it's usually closer to the third week of Feburary
I remember hearing the same but couldnt remember if I was hallucinating or not, thank you!! hopefully some good news in the next few weeks for both of us :D

• Love
Mid-February was what they said at my interview in mid January! I took a look at some of the older threads and it looks like it's usually closer to the third week of Feburary.
Do we think applicants deferred in January will also hear back this month?

Early Feb interviewees-- were you guys told late February or mid-March for decisions?

So, they might send something either tomorrow or Friday hopefully...

There it is, pre-II R, IS, complete early July.

• Care
Got hit with it too! Good luck to anyone still in the running :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
+1 I love the smell of Pre-II R in the morning.

• Care
+1 Pre-II R, complete July and sent update in October.

• Care
Did they send this in one wave or are these trickling in slowly? Still silence on my end 😬😬😬. Can people post times they received the email ?

Did they send this in one wave or are these trickling in slowly? Still silence on my end 😬😬😬. Can people post times they received the email ?
Looks like they're trickling in. 9:02

Still waiting on the pre-II R... anyone think theres a chance? I have worked at Sinai for the last year and a half and have published 4 papers.

• Care
Woke up to a lovely little Pre-II R this morning at 9 AM EST. Best of luck to everyone else!

• Care
Pre II-R. Complete late July. Updates in November and January.

• Care
Still waiting on the pre-II R... anyone think theres a chance? I have worked at Sinai for the last year and a half and have published 4 papers.
Waiting as well. Fingers crossed for us!

Edit: though the last time I said this for a school, I got the R in the afternoon cos they sent them in waves. Let's not jinx it haha

• Care
Stress levels are through the roof -- wish Sinai would just tell all of us their decision at the same time, one way or another. Feel ghosted 😂

• Care
Just got the Pre-II R. Good luck y'all!!

• Care
I think someone posted that the rest of the IIs will go out by the end of the week so this might be the big R wave at the end of the cycle

Finally received the R.
Good luck to everyone this cycle. You all are amazing!

• Care
Got mine too. Goodluck to the rest of you.

• Care
Has anyone gotten pre II R's after 10 am EST today? Wondering if they are done or still trickling in. In limbo right now.

Trying to get a poll of those who still have not heard either way (no II or R). Could folks like this message, so we can see how many of us are still in the running ?

Secretly hoping some of us will get IIs tomorrow ! 🤞

Reactions: 20 users
Finally got the R!!! (just like everyone else lol)
I’m so glad to not be waiting anymore

Do we address our LOI to Dr. Parkas?

Trying to get a poll of those who still have not heard either way (no II or R). Could folks like this message, so we can see how many of us are still in the running ?

Secretly hoping some of us will get IIs tomorrow ! 🤞
I'm so nervous for today 😭 At Michigan I thought I survived a pre-II R wave but it was a two day affair LMAO. I hope that there still are those final IIs as someone said this is the last week Sinai is issuing them!

I'm so nervous for today 😭 At Michigan I thought I survived a pre-II R wave but it was a two day affair LMAO. I hope that there still are those final IIs as someone said this is the last week Sinai is issuing them!
I just hope they give us some sort of an answer today. Per the poll a ton of people on SDN are still waiting to hear one way or another. But seems like they are continuing to ghost us. This is worse than Tinder.

I just hope they give us some sort of an answer today. Per the poll a ton of people on SDN are still waiting to hear one way or another. But seems like they are continuing to ghost us. This is worse than Tinder.
R just received. Oof.

• Care
  • Wow