TUCOM-NV Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would advise no one on the waitlists to reveal their first and last names just in case some overzealous waitlister decides to call in pretending to be you and withdraws your name from consideration..

that being said my name is John Jacob, son of a black smith. I have lived in the Alaskan Wilderness for the last 18 years.

O and I own a pack of siberian huskiess which serve both as my best friends and transportation.

Lol, are you making any of that up? I assumed you were from Boston, since you're clearly a Celtics fan. I can't even conceive that someone would call in and withdraw someone else's name ... that's so horrible. I wouldn't in my wildest dreams even imagine of doing that to another person. Not even an enemy (although I don't have any enemies anyway). I can't even believe you thought of that!

my name is Rajan and I'm from bay area, ca. Talking to you guys on this forum is the only thing that gives me little hope that I might have a chance. Still, I think I have accepted the fact if I'm going to get a call, it will be the day before classes start because of the whole 90% deposit refund policy. and I'm only on the regular wait list also, so things are a little worse. but really hope you guys on the accepted waitlist start getting calls soon.

go lakers and go USA

Well, we also have to consider the fact that there could be acceptances going to people on the accepted wait list who are not on SDN ...

Nice to virtually meet you, Rajan and John Jacob.

Man, there are practically no girls on here, huh? I think Touro is like 70% male too.

Lol, are you making any of that up? I assumed you were from Boston, since you're clearly a Celtics fan. I can't even conceive that someone would call in and withdraw someone else's name ... that's so horrible. I wouldn't in my wildest dreams even imagine of doing that to another person. Not even an enemy (although I don't have any enemies anyway). I can't even believe you thought of that!

Well, we also have to consider the fact that there could be acceptances going to people on the accepted wait list who are not on SDN ...

Nice to virtually meet you, Rajan and John Jacob.

Man, there are practically no girls on here, huh? I think Touro is like 70% male too.

dam I sure hope not!! It'll be a sausage fest... It might work out to ur advantage but definitely not to mine.

But seriously tho, I'm pretty sure almost every school is very close to the 50/50 gender ratio tho...I haven't checked with touro but I hope they follow the flow..or life is just gonna be that much harder..

Members don't see this ad :)
dam I sure hope not!! It'll be a sausage fest... It might work out to ur advantage but definitely not to mine.

But seriously tho, I'm pretty sure almost every school is very close to the 50/50 gender ratio tho...I haven't checked with touro but I hope they follow the flow..or life is just gonna be that much harder..

Med School and Club Med are not the same thing.

Med School and Club Med are not the same thing.

Ha ha ha! What about if you attend school in the Caribbean? Still no? I wonder if some students attend school there, thinking it's going to be all fun and beach parties, only to discover that it's, well ... medical school. Touro is currently 63% male, according to the current edition of the college information book. I don't see how the gender makeup of a school really matters. Unless of course, you try to apply to an all-male school as a female, or vice versa. That might be an issue. Might be.

Ha ha ha! What about if you attend school in the Caribbean? Still no? I wonder if some students attend school there, thinking it's going to be all fun and beach parties, only to discover that it's, well ... medical school. Touro is currently 63% male, according to the current edition of the college information book. I don't see how the gender makeup of a school really matters. Unless of course, you try to apply to an all-male school as a female, or vice versa. That might be an issue. Might be.

Yeah!! The males will definitely vote for ur acceptance lol..and thanks to greys anatomy, every premed girl I've spoken too is looking forward to residency so she can sleep with her hot attending...little do they know they won't be sleeping at all during residency..

Note: last years thread shows the last person accepted off the waitlist (and lived to post on SDN about it) was on July 17. On July 7th she was #10 on the list. So I think we still have a chance for some good movement..of course this year is nothing like last year so far, but we can hope.

Enjoy your weekend everyone

Yeah!! The males will definitely vote for ur acceptance lol..and thanks to greys anatomy, every premed girl I've spoken too is looking forward to residency so she can sleep with her hot attending...little do they know they won't be sleeping at all during residency..

Note: last years thread shows the last person accepted off the waitlist (and lived to post on SDN about it) was on July 17. On July 7th she was #10 on the list. So I think we still have a chance for some good movement..of course this year is nothing like last year so far, but we can hope.

Enjoy your weekend everyone

Lol ... I'm just going to assume (and hope) you're joking about that pre-med girl thing. I've never seen Grey's Anatomy, but I've heard it's pretty ridiculous, and not only because everyone is sleeping with each other. The only medical shows I've ever really liked are ER (but only the old school episodes from like 5-10 years ago, none of the newer ones) and Scrubs, although those are pretty unrealistic too.

I'm still holding out hope for us, guys. I'm trying not to think that there is just not going to be any wait list movement anywhere anymore. We just need to stay optimistic. I am reminded of the last line of The Count of Monte Cristo, "All human wisdom is contained in these two words, -- 'Wait and hope.'" Ya know, just ignore that the pervasive themes of that book are about revenge, and take the quote on its own. Lol.

Hoping for some movement this week!

The most perfect segue. My answer: Boston.

Well you have failed to articulate your self in a proper fashion- which promotes further discussion.

It is not clear whether you are disparaging the city of Boston or one of their many fine athletic clubs.

If your intent is to in fact vituperate a city like Boston, I am afraid you know very little about the country in which you hope to one day practice medicine.

Boston in the scope of United States History played host to everything from The Boston Tea Party, The Boston Massacre, Battle of Bunker Hill, Lexington. Many defining moments in US history occurred in the fine city of Boston.

I cant see how you would assume a city with such prized heritage and rich culture would "suck" as you so respectfully put it.

Funny enough, if the city of Boston did not exsist, nor the events that took place there some 3 hundred odd years ago-- well then my friend you most likely would be attending medical school in the Carribean and would have no worry about the call from Oscar or other such concerns that US medical students are burdened with.

Now...

If you are attempting to belittle the Boston Celtics, which it seems that you are, then still your knowledge of sports history (much like US history) is severely lacking.

Red Auerbach?

Bill Russel?

Larry Bird?

Names ring a bell? If not hope on over to wikipedia and enlighten yourself.

The Celtics have the MOST NBA titles of any other team in the league. And by my deduction, Id say that is the exact opposite of sucking. In fact, I beileve that is what is known as success.....

One Love Cardiac...

Dont let your heart become polluted with bias and dislike for any of the great cities in this wonderful country of ours.

Haha next cycle's students are gonna be in for a doozey when they come to this old thread to read about our experiences for advice and find this lol.

Nonetheless Celtics are a great team. But Lakers still sent them home. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
this is SO insane! ....NOONE on this forum has still heard since the last few individuals...weeks ago!?

this is not comparative to last years forum... i guess it really boils down to waiting for july to come and go.

Well you have failed to articulate your self in a proper fashion- which promotes further discussion.

It is not clear whether you are disparaging the city of Boston or one of their many fine athletic clubs.

If your intent is to in fact vituperate a city like Boston, I am afraid you know very little about the country in which you hope to one day practice medicine.

Boston in the scope of United States History played host to everything from The Boston Tea Party, The Boston Massacre, Battle of Bunker Hill, Lexington. Many defining moments in US history occurred in the fine city of Boston.

I cant see how you would assume a city with such prized heritage and rich culture would "suck" as you so respectfully put it.

Funny enough, if the city of Boston did not exsist, nor the events that took place there some 3 hundred odd years ago-- well then my friend you most likely would be attending medical school in the Carribean and would have no worry about the call from Oscar or other such concerns that US medical students are burdened with.

Now...

If you are attempting to belittle the Boston Celtics, which it seems that you are, then still your knowledge of sports history (much like US history) is severely lacking.

Red Auerbach?

Bill Russel?

Larry Bird?

Names ring a bell? If not hope on over to wikipedia and enlighten yourself.

The Celtics have the MOST NBA titles of any other team in the league. And by my deduction, Id say that is the exact opposite of sucking. In fact, I beileve that is what is known as success.....

One Love Cardiac...

Dont let your heart become polluted with bias and dislike for any of the great cities in this wonderful country of ours.

Haha what a spiel about the history of boston. Thanks for the travel channel info. We arent playing Stump the Schwab, so I really dont need too much sports history, unless youre ken jennings. Why didnt you list DJ, McHale, Parrish and the like? Maybe youd like to wikipedia boston celtics 2006-07. If you hadnt made a move for kg and jesus shuttlesworth, you wouldnt have much to brag about "most" championships. Boston doesnt suck completely: i made money by betting the under on ray allen's total points every game after game 2 and the under on combined made 3's. Total irony for the reigning 3-pt champ at the allstar game. My heart isnt polluted, unlike the celtics fans who threw debris at the laker bus in 08.
-"queensbridge"

ps i hope most of you hear something from admissions soon. Id rather see people getting acceptances than people dismissing someone else's American and sports history knowledge.

Hey John Jacob (if that's your real name) are you sure you're from Alaska, and not from, say ... Boston?

Haha what a spiel about the history of boston. Thanks for the travel channel info. We arent playing Stump the Schwab, so I really dont need too much sports history, unless youre ken jennings. Why didnt you list DJ, McHale, Parrish and the like? Maybe youd like to wikipedia boston celtics 2006-07. If you hadnt made a move for kg and jesus shuttlesworth, you wouldnt have much to brag about "most" championships. Boston doesnt suck completely: i made money by betting the under on ray allen's total points every game after game 2 and the under on combined made 3's. Total irony for the reigning 3-pt champ at the allstar game. My heart isnt polluted, unlike the celtics fans who threw debris at the laker bus in 08.
-"queensbridge"

ps i hope most of you hear something from admissions soon. Id rather see people getting acceptances than people dismissing someone else's American and sports history knowledge.

sorry.

i should have just responded with some post laced with hate and just told you how much I hate a certain US city.

Such vernacular would most likely be easiest for you to comprehend and respond to.

Well...

I cant STAND Boise. I mean, common Idaho.

I guess we all have our opinions.

O and Btw, I am not from Boston.

But I soon hope to be moving to Las Vegas.

And how nice of you to mention queensbridge

I seem to recall an event at the Palace at Auburn Hills in which Beer was spilled and lips split......hmmmmm.. ring any bells?

surely a class act in Ron Artest.

I beileve he was quoted after the game as saying

" We Ryde Toogetha Mayne"....

Much like the Lakers this season, Ron and his boys "Rode" together....

On wards and Up wards.

Last edited:
C'mon guys, it's pretty silly to argue 'bout this stuff. I don't like the Lakers or the Celtics, but it's not because they suck ... it's because they both win too much, and I'd rather see my team win. :D

How about we all get accepted, and then you guys can duke it out in a 1-on-1 basketball game?

C'mon guys, it's pretty silly to argue 'bout this stuff. I don't like the Lakers or the Celtics, but it's not because they suck ... it's because they both win too much, and I'd rather see my team win. :D

How about we all get accepted, and then you guys can duke it out in a 1-on-1 basketball game?

Just keeping this thread alive, other than the recurring theme of "another uneventful day w/ no response from Admissions". I was just filling in time and waiting for another week until hopefully we got some people in here to go Team Jacob vs. Team Edward.

If I didn't hate you for sticking up for Boston before, I hate you now.

hate not friend.

I was only using Boise as an example of how stupid it is to hate on a city.

I mean who the heck does that? Aside from WWE fans.

Boise is a wonderful city.

Ive actually been there several times.

Lifes to short for hate you guys, common now.

Remember to eat your bran also!

That might alleviate much of the tension you all harbor.

hate not friend.

I was only using Boise as an example of how stupid it is to hate on a city.

I mean who the heck does that? Aside from WWE fans.

Boise is a wonderful city.

Ive actually been there several times.

Lifes to short for hate you guys, common now.

Remember to eat your bran also!

That might alleviate much of the tension you all harbor.

I figured as much, I bit my tongue when you were confessing your :love: for Boston. When you mentioned my hometown I could no longer bite my tongue...all in good fun.

If it is any consolation I'm regular by most anyone's standards and I'm not a big fan of L.A. either.

Hope not to have to see you guys on this years interview trail but if I do I'm sure it'll be a pleasure...I'll let you goes return to your fretting over the wl movement.

John-Jacob.

Two tier first name.

Like Billie-Jean, who despite contrary belief, is in fact NOT my lover.

Lol what? If that's your name, awesome, but I wasn't trying to flatter you or anything... I was alluding to another rivalry (promoting the new Twilight: Eclipse movie coming out next week). Just giving a suggestion for some of those who are still waiting - invest your time in something other than worrying about the call...Twilight, World Cup, CWS, hanging out with friends who you may not see as often when you do get the call, doing other exciting stuff you normally wouldn't get to do with at 24 unit courseload...

Lol what? If that's your name, awesome, but I wasn't trying to flatter you or anything... I was alluding to another rivalry (promoting the new Twilight: Eclipse movie coming out next week). Just giving a suggestion for some of those who are still waiting - invest your time in something other than worrying about the call...Twilight, World Cup, CWS, hanging out with friends who you may not see as often when you do get the call, doing other exciting stuff you normally wouldn't get to do with at 24 unit courseload...

Yeah, that's true...except if we don't get in by the end of July, we'd either be scrambling to reapply or have to find other plans for a while...at least I would

I'm really starting to lose hope guys ... :(

Already lost hope here...I've accepted the fact that if Im in I'm in. If not I'll just do my best to make the best of my future and try again.

WL is starting to move at other schools so hopefully the ripple effect causes some movemet at touro. I'm sure some ppl are still holding their spot at DO schools while waiting on an MD acceptance. And others are holding their spot at touro in hopes of a more preferrable school which they only get into after these MD spots open. Maybe I'm talkin outta my ass...I dunno.. But it's keepin sane..

Whatever happens happens. It's not the end of the world..

sorry I did not get that reference.

I am in fact not a 13 year old girl.

thank you for that Cardiac.

World Cup YES.

That Donovan Goal yesterday was EPIC! EPIC!

Wimbledon is good this year as well, Mahut and Isner took it to a new level.

Last edited:
Whatever happens happens. It's not the end of the world..

Lol, well of course it's not the end of the world. I've never been one of those people who gets defeated. I just mean I'm already prepared to re-apply. I've sent my LORs and my transcripts, updated my activities, begun a new volunteer position, and made some major changes to my personal statement. I was waiting on a AACOMAS fee waiver, but I called yesterday and the recording said there are no more ... so yeah ... I need to try to find out if I can still get waivers for secondaries because I basically can hardly apply to any schools otherwise. It really sucks. I'm totally prepared to apply again in every regard except financially. I mean I'm just going to put everything on a credit card anyway, but I can't just be charging things I can't pay off. I'm already going to have to get a 2nd job if I don't get in. I'm hoping to send in my primary on or before July 1st. The good thing is, at least for AACOMAS, (don't know about AMCAS) if you haven't taken any new courses, all your course work doesn't have to be verified again, saving a ton of processing time.

So NO movement at all in the last few days?? Sigh....:(

I wonder how many people not on SDN are getting calls because the number of people on TUNCOM's facebook page has been getting higher lately. Not sure if they're more recently accepted people, waitlisters or current students, but the size has definitely increased.

I'm not so sure about the idea that there is going to be late movement at all the schools this year. It almost seems more likely that there might just not be any movement at the schools this year. =( I'd love to be proven wrong.

Has anyone followed up with Oscar regarding the 3 top people going to orientation and being admitted for 2015?

Also, does anyone know, if we haven't taken any new courses, do we still have to re-send transcripts to Touro with our secondary if we re-apply?

I wonder how many people not on SDN are getting calls because the number of people on TUNCOM's facebook page has been getting higher lately. Not sure if they're more recently accepted people, waitlisters or current students, but the size has definitely increased.

I'm not sure I'd put too much faith into the FB page numbers ... like half the people on there are students from previous years. Also, students on wait lists, or students applying for next year could join as well. Or even family members of current students. And some of them could be students who decided not to go to Touro but stayed in the group.

But it does seem like there have to be a few acceptances going to people not on SDN. Especially since that guy withdrew last week and none of us heard.

Edit: I just realized that my last two posts both start with "I'm not so sure." I'm not sure about anything anymore. Except for the fact that I KNOW that I want to be a doctor.

Last edited:
where is this facebook page anyway? i can't find it. post a link if u see it anywhere.

Have you guys had much luck getting readers for your PS on this site? Seems like most of the people never respond.

Ugh, it was 114 here yesterday.

Have you guys had much luck getting readers for your PS on this site? Seems like most of the people never respond.

Ugh, it was 114 here yesterday.

Yeah I did when get alot of help last cycle. Just keep trying with a few people. Some are very busy but you'll find the help.

And the temp was 114 is AZ? That's rough...getting u ready for Vegas tho..

Hey is it true that Arizona people have absolutely no accent in their English? Unless us New Jersey and New Yorkers or people from the Midwest or down south.

Yeah I did when get alot of help last cycle. Just keep trying with a few people. Some are very busy but you'll find the help.

And the temp was 114 is AZ? That's rough...getting u ready for Vegas tho..

Hey is it true that Arizona people have absolutely no accent in their English? Unless us New Jersey and New Yorkers or people from the Midwest or down south.
Yep it was 114 in Phoenix. It is actually hotter here than Vegas so I will be good. We are further south so Phoenix is usually 5-10 degrees hotter. I believe Vegas actually gets less annual rainfall though. I love Phoenix though despite the heat. And as for the accent, I suppose we don't have one. It is probably just the same as CA or all the west coast I assume, but someone from say, England would probably say that we do have an accent ... An American accent.

Anybody hear anything guys?

Or anybody speak to Susan or Oscar recently?

So...I have to put a deposit down for a masters program by Thursday. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I probably won't get into TUNCOM by then...

So I just submitted my application for podiatry school...today was the deadline so there's to high hopes...

im moving to LA to become an acupuncturist and hopefully secure a cooking show during my off time on the food network.

become a star.

then come back, buy Touro, and accept all of you great folks like me who diddnt get in this time around. =)

thats my plan at least.

im moving to LA to become an acupuncturist and hopefully secure a cooking show during my off time on the food network.

become a star.

then come back, buy Touro, and accept all of you great folks like me who diddnt get in this time around. =)

thats my plan at least.

that is an awesome plan, I will watch your show every day!

become a star.

thats my plan at least.

Cool, nice, thanks...when do you think you'll own it?

Glad to hear that everyone is moving forward with their plans for next year. Am I the only one is re-applying for DO and MD programs at this point?

I got approved for my fee waiver today! =) I am making my millionth or so revision to my PS, and when that is done, I will be submitting. Hopefully in the next week or two.

Glad to hear that everyone is moving forward with their plans for next year. Am I the only one is re-applying for DO and MD programs at this point?

I got approved for my fee waiver today! =) I am making my millionth or so revision to my PS, and when that is done, I will be submitting. Hopefully in the next week or two.

No, I am reapplying to DO as well. the podiatry class at nycpm will start in january so if i don't get accepted by january i'm gonna go for it...it actually sounds pretty awesome from everythign i've read. foot and ankle surgeon competing with ortho surgeons and derms for the same patients.

Good luck reapplying!

I just learned from a current student that another person is withdrawing. Fingers crossed for one of us!

Holy cow! Oscar called me this morning!:)