TUCOM-NV Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ahh, Touro Nevada, you toyed with my heart like it was a toy heart.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear that Suleman. I was really pulling for you and the others on here. Keep your head up, get your apps in ASAP, and remember that you are going to be a great doctor someday, even if it takes a little longer than you initially thought. I wish you all the best. Same goes for everyone else who is facing reapplication.

Thanks Melissa!

Ahh, Touro Nevada, you toyed with my heart like it was a toy heart.

Haha I know...they use the toy hearts in anatomy class.

Hey does anybody who visits this thread - incoming students, current students, etc, know why the TUNCOM/Valley Hospital Dermatology residency is being "phased out?" According to the opportunities.osteopathic.org website:

How many new trainees do you intend to recruit next year?

None, program is being phased out.

Any info??

They are phasing out the derm program to make way to open a new Pulm fellowship and other possible fellowships. The pulm fellowship is supposed to open this upcoming yr while GI or cards are in the works/proposal. This is the last yr they are accepting ppl for derm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I got in!!!!woo. I got the call yesterday morning. Been scrambling to get everything done. Will be at pre-orientation tomorrow. =)

Hey, I got in!!!!woo. I got the call yesterday morning. Been scrambling to get everything done. Will be at pre-orientation tomorrow. =)

daang congratulations! i'm jealous, ahha. any other hope for us...tomorrow?

congrats namelus, maybe that drive you took down there helped you out. I would do the same except I live too far away.

daang congratulations! i'm jealous, ahha. any other hope for us...tomorrow?

Thanks!!! I hope there's still a chance for you...never know...2 days orientation, then class starts Wednesday.
congrats namelus, maybe that drive you took down there helped you out. I would do the same except I live too far away.

I think it did actually... Followed up with an email to Oscar about how I went and that I'm still interested and that I'll be reapplying to Touro next year.
Congrats namelus!!! Did I see you today? :cool:

Thanks!...I don't know, quite possibly. I was wearing a green shirt and black pants. Did we meet?

Dude congratulations!!! Never thought I'd be this happy for someone I never met lol. I know how bad you've wanted to get in there. Clearly they know now too! Congrats man! I'll see you guys next year.

N u better save ur class notes n powerpoints or else this virtual friendship is officially over!

Dude congratulations!!! Never thought I'd be this happy for someone I never met lol. I know how bad you've wanted to get in there. Clearly they know now too! Congrats man! I'll see you guys next year.

N u better save ur class notes n powerpoints or else this virtual friendship is officially over!

Thanks!!! Haha for sure I will save the class notes n powerpoints. That means I should write legibly huh or better yet I should type out my notes....that will reinforce them. yep

congratulations to all of you who got in for this fall. wish you guys the best of luck in your first year and it was really nice talking to all you guys throughout the whole process...made some rough days go by a lot easier. well anyways I have applied again for next year so hopefully I will get the pleasure of meeting most of you guys in person next year, until then good luck and keep up the hard work.

I know that the wait list was ranked and all, but I feel like keeping in contact with the school, even when they tell you not to is extremely beneficial. You don't have to drive to the school in person, but keeping your name fresh in their minds has to make some difference. I sent an email to Oscar the day before I was accepted, telling him I was still really interested and that I was ready to reapply for the next year, with Touro at the top of my list. When he accepted me, he mentioned that he knew that I was really interested in the school because I had kept in contact with him throughout the process. So, no matter what any school tells you, bug them. Find anything to contact them about, and do it every once in a while, just to remind them that you are still there. I don't see how it can possibly have a negative impact on your application.

Congrats namelus!!! Did I see you today? :cool:

eccool, come find me at orientation and introduce yourself! It will be nice to know a fellow SDNer in person. You know my name. I didn't see any other Melissas.

congratulations to all of you who got in for this fall. wish you guys the best of luck in your first year and it was really nice talking to all you guys throughout the whole process...made some rough days go by a lot easier. well anyways I have applied again for next year so hopefully I will get the pleasure of meeting most of you guys in person next year, until then good luck and keep up the hard work.

And to everyone who was not accepted, keep at it. Use the knowledge you gained this cycle to turn each of those applications into an interview, and each of those interviews into an acceptance. You guys know you can do it!

I know that the wait list was ranked and all, but I feel like keeping in contact with the school, even when they tell you not to is extremely beneficial. You don't have to drive to the school in person, but keeping your name fresh in their minds has to make some difference. I sent an email to Oscar the day before I was accepted, telling him I was still really interested and that I was ready to reapply for the next year, with Touro at the top of my list. When he accepted me, he mentioned that he knew that I was really interested in the school because I had kept in contact with him throughout the process. So, no matter what any school tells you, bug them. Find anything to contact them about, and do it every once in a while, just to remind them that you are still there. I don't see how it can possibly have a negative impact on your application.

Yeah I should have probably kept in touch with Oscar, but I was just following what they told me. Oh well, there's always next year I guess. I wish all of you luck with your first year at touro-nv!

They are phasing out the derm program to make way to open a new Pulm fellowship and other possible fellowships. The pulm fellowship is supposed to open this upcoming yr while GI or cards are in the works/proposal. This is the last yr they are accepting ppl for derm.

That seems kind of counter productive to me? Close down one GME program to make room for another? I wonder why they couldn't keep both. Any news if the derm program is going to go somewhere else? I know sometimes with specialized AOA residencies, they close somewhere and then sorta move somewhere else (I know it happened with a PRS residency once and I think it happened with a derm program in AZ). It just seemed like a cool program at Valley to me.

Hi Melissa and see you in the lec hall!:)

eccool, come find me at orientation and introduce yourself! It will be nice to know a fellow SDNer in person. You know my name. I didn't see any other Melissas.

And to everyone who was not accepted, keep at it. Use the knowledge you gained this cycle to turn each of those applications into an interview, and each of those interviews into an acceptance. You guys know you can do it!

Some of you students should post in the new tucom-nv thread. Us going for interviews this month wanna hear some field reports from the front lines.

hello this is lizz i am new member of this community i really like to join this and information that you provided is very good so thanks for that .

I can't see how much time elapsed between interviewing and acceptance from reading this thread. Can you give me some idea of the time it took to hear back?

Thanks

-H-

Last edited:
wrong thread

Last edited: