PCOM (Philadelphia) Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I live in glenside, 20 min from pcom, I interviewed feb 22 and just got in today. Was anyone else here with my interview group? I'm Patrick, I think I talked to everyone In my group...I hope you guys made it !!

Thanks Patrick. Yeah it seems like everyone who heard yesterday lives close to the school. Hopefully today is the big day for the rest of us.

Happy mailboxes, everyone! Post up the good news! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted!!!
Interviewed Feb. 14th.
Gpa-3.4
MCAT-30

ahhh! my heart is racing. I might tackle the mail man.!!:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
well got complete in October, got an interview invite in January for march 7th, got a hold letter on the 9th and finally got a wait list letter today. so...but i am still hoping

I know of like 3 people at least in my class at PCOM who got accepted off the waitlist a few weeks before orientation started. One dude actually got accepted after CLASS started. Keep your head up!

ahhh! my heart is racing. I might tackle the mail man.!!:scared:

I am home for Easter break, so I sent an email requesting my app's status and they congratulated me, etc. My acceptance letter is allegedly postmarked 4/20.

Does the letter still start with YES!!! lol I loved that no need to read past that first word

I just got the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got accepted omgomgomgomg!

I was also accepted last week. Is everyone going to attend? I'm still mulling it over.

I'm sorry to hear that Fiznat, I hope all goes well and ends up with an acceptance. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed that date too! Now I'm thinking of e-mailing..it hasn't come in the mail for me yet :(

I go to school in Pittsburgh, and am on Easter break... so even if it would come today or tomorrow, I'd still be waiting till Wednesday of next week when offices open, etc.

I go to school at PSU. It should come today...my hold letter took two days past postmark and generally when things get mailed to me from Buffalo I get it two days later. I was definitely expecting it today. I just e-mailed and said I'd gone home for Easter for the week. Wish me luck! :)

accepted!!!!

I was also in the april 22 hold group - interviewed march 3rd. congrats to everyone else! look forward to meeting you all!

feel your pain fiznat. Waitlist for me as well. dated 4/20.

of COURSE the mail in my apartment building is malfunctioning this week and I haven't been able to get any mail in 2 days or determine where it's going. ugh!

Can any current students comment on past movement from the waitlist into the matriculating class? I have looked at previous years but am still having trouble getting a good handle on how much movement there is.

Hey guys,
I was in the March 3 interview group and received no word about my application status until today. The letter has the header, "Re: Criminal Background Check"; and starts with " Congratulations on being accepted to Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine." My question is, what did the acceptance letter that others have received begin with, and does it list a date for the deposit to hold a seat? After waiting so long, Im hoping I dont have an erroneous acceptance letter, However, I think the first letter might have been lost in the mail. Let me know what you guys think.

Waitlisted :( ...This is my 4th waitlist, definitely a huge let down, since PCOM has been my first choice for since freshman year. Congratulations to everyone with acceptances!! Is everyone that got in pretty definite on attending or are people weighing decisions still? Any chance anyone knows if PCOM gives many more acceptances than there are seats? It's so hard to tell how much the waitlist can/will move...

Hey guys,
I was in the March 3 interview group and received no word about my application status until today. The letter has the header, "Re: Criminal Background Check"; and starts with " Congratulations on being accepted to Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine." My question is, what did the acceptance letter that others have received begin with, and does it list a date for the deposit to hold a seat? After waiting so long, Im hoping I dont have an erroneous acceptance letter, However, I think the first letter might have been lost in the mail. Let me know what you guys think.

Was it a hard-copy letter? I believe all the acceptance letters literally begin with "YES!" I know mine did.

Was it a hard-copy letter? I believe all the acceptance letters literally begin with "YES!" I know mine did.

That is the letter they send you after acceptance obviously pertaining to the background check. Don't know what end the mistake is on (not really accepted, or acceptance got lost?). Call the admissions office to see, and maybe they will let you know about your decision over the phone.

Just withdrew my seat! I hope one of you gets it :)

Does anything change on your online status page after acceptance?

Somehow I received my background check letter two days prior to getting my official acceptance letter. I will be at PCOM this August. Feels good to get that Philly LOVE!

Somehow I received my background check letter two days prior to getting my official acceptance letter. I will be at PCOM this August. Feels good to get that Philly LOVE!

hey, do you know if after you do the background check it automatically gets sent to the school? or do you have to print it and then mail the results to them?

hey, do you know if after you do the background check it automatically gets sent to the school? or do you have to print it and then mail the results to them?

The electronic file is automatically made available to PCOM when it's complete and you'll also be able to download a free copy.

Did anyone here get a letter from a current student at PCOM? Do you think it helps at all?

just declined my acceptance. i know how much it sucks to wait to hear good news! i hope that one of you gets my place soon!!!! good luck to you all!

How often does the adcom meet at this time of year?

Hey good people. I will be attending the class of 2015 at PCOM. I was accepted last year, but I deferred my admission for a year to complete my military service (in Korea). Has anyone found a place to stay yet? It's more economical to stay with a roomate, but I feel like I'm too old and particular for that. I am also super clean, and like loud music. Does anyone from the area have suggestions? Or does anyone think that they can't deal with a roomate?

Quick question for those who were accepted and are willing to share, when does your letter say you must commit to PCOM?
Is there a deadline, and are the deadlines different depending on when you were accepted?
I know many MD programs have a deadline of May 15th, but I didn't know how PCOM handles the admissions the same way.

Quick question for those who were accepted and are willing to share, when does your letter say you must commit to PCOM?
Is there a deadline, and are the deadlines different depending on when you were accepted?
I know many MD programs have a deadline of May 15th, but I didn't know how PCOM handles the admissions the same way.

Not sure if it's changed, but if you're accepted before April 15th, you have until then after the initial $250 dollar deposit (this requirement changes depending on when you're accepted). After April 15th I think people had 2 weeks? Anyone know anything different?

yea i think we owed 2000 at around april 22nd, so that was another dealine, other than that, i havent heard of anything other than emails saying "if you decide not to continue to attend PCOM please let us know immediately"

Does anybody know if anyone has been selected from the waitlist yet? Also, how will we be notified if we are selected off that waitlist— letter, e-mail, phone? Thanks.

Does anybody know if anyone has been selected from the waitlist yet? Also, how will we be notified if we are selected off that waitlist— letter, e-mail, phone? Thanks.

Also wondering if anyone has graduated up yet. Last year students that were moved up heard via letters.

Have the same questions as you!!!! If I don't get pulled from the waitlist tomorrow I will GO CCRRAAAZZZZYY!

I was accepted with the 4/22 group, and PCOM has confirmed that they received my $250 deposit on May 3rd. I just overnighted the $2,000 deposit today. When do you think I'll be receiving the new student binder, and more importantly, my nucleus username and password (so I can fill out their financial aid form)???

you can actually just call them and ask them for your pin and password as soon as you see that they received your 2000 dollar deposit which you can check on that website they gave us a long time ago to check the status of our app. but it will prob take approx. 2 weeks to get your binder, well it did for me anyways i just received it yesterday and i paid both deposits on 4/24

you can actually just call them and ask them for your pin and password as soon as you see that they received your 2000 dollar deposit which you can check on that website they gave us a long time ago to check the status of our app. but it will prob take approx. 2 weeks to get your binder, well it did for me anyways i just received it yesterday and i paid both deposits on 4/24

Thanks! I called today and they gave me my password, so I was able to complete all my financial aid stuff. Supposedly, the binder was sent on May 4th, but to my ugrad apartment... so they had to resend it to my home address.

I was just accepted for the upcoming class! I hope that there are others who find out some good news today!